Windows 10: No sound through HDMI after Win10 upgrade...

Discus and support No sound through HDMI after Win10 upgrade... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have a SONY VGX-XL301 that I bought in July 2007. It has served me really well and I have used as a home entertainment PC connected directly to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sibath, Sep 13, 2015.

1. sibath Win User

No sound through HDMI after Win10 upgrade...

Hi

I have a SONY VGX-XL301 that I bought in July 2007. It has served me really well and I have used as a home entertainment PC connected directly to my TV via an HDMI cable.

I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday and everything ran smoothly. The only resolution option that seems to work is 800 x 600, which is annoying, but I can live with that.

However, there is no sound whatsoever. In Sound settings, the playback option has defaulted back to the Digital Audio (S/PDIF) and you can see that the green indicator next to it shows it's recognising sound. The other options available are Headphones and Line but no mention of HDMI.

The details of the video card are:

Chip Type: NVIDIA
    DAC Type: NVIDIA Corporation
    Adapter String: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter
    BIOS Information: G73 Board - c388
    Total available Graphics Memory: 1023MB

Any ideas gratefully received otherwise this box becomes a redundant paperweight.

Cheers

:)

sibath, Sep 13, 2015
  2. a.etter Win User

Intel HD Graphics 4600 - No Sound being output despite being detected & Choppy Video Playback

Hi. I am having sound issues on Win10 as well.

I have an ACER 5740 (was running Win7). Upgraded the ACER drivers some time back and sound worked perfectly through HDMI onto main TV. I have now upgraded to Win10 on same machine and the sound has gone. I have tried to reinstall the VGA graphics from ACER,
    to override the Win10; but to no avail.

And there seem to be no Win10 fixes yet...thoughts anyone??

a.etter, Sep 13, 2015
  3. Win 10 - HDMI sound doesn't work

My laptop with Win10 is connected to TV. Usually everything works, but sometimes sound just stop through HDMI. I loose sound on TV and I have it just on laptop speakers. Picture is OK and I have it on TV. After SEVERAL restarting of laptop, sound works
    again and I have it on TV speakers again.

Radisa Nikitovic, Sep 13, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

See if your Video card graphics installer is still in file explorer(or if you're lucky in Device Manager and re-enable it) and re-install it. If it isn't you need to go to NVIDIA's site and download the correct one. Your sound also comes through the card when you use HDMI that's why you have no sound. When Win10 is upgraded or clean installed it always reverts to Windows default graphics(which are very basic and just enough so you can see something...

In my case AMD has a folder under C: drive for example.

No sound through HDMI after Win10 upgrade... [​IMG]

No sound through HDMI after Win10 upgrade... [​IMG]

Cliff S, Sep 13, 2015
Thema:

1. No sound through HDMI after Win10 upgrade... - Similar Threads - sound through HDMI

2. Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?: Hi Community, here's the thing. I have two HDMI monitors, one conneced to an HDMI port and one to a DVI both give sound, even the DVI but I cannot make both of them give sound at the same time. Windows lists them both as one output source, and only the first monitor that I...
  3. Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?: Hi Community, here's the thing. I have two HDMI monitors, one conneced to an HDMI port and one to a DVI both give sound, even the DVI but I cannot make both of them give sound at the same time. Windows lists them both as one output source, and only the first monitor that I...
  4. No sound through HDMI to TV

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound through HDMI to TV: Hi I have windows 10 21H1 and after a update about 2 weeks ago I have no sound through my HDMI to TV,tried everything I can think of and read,need someone who knows what they are on about to help please,Acer laptop to sharp tv, uninstalled the INTEL R DISPLAY AUDIO etc not...
  5. no sound after connection dell monitor through hdmi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound after connection dell monitor through hdmi: I connect my laptop to 21 inch dell monitor to view things in bigger screen through HDMI port. Before clean install windows 10 20h2 I could hear sound from connected speakers when monitor is connected. When I first connected monitor before clean install it installed a driver...
  6. HDMI sound through laptop

HDMI sound through laptop: How do I set HDMI as default sound? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-sound-through-laptop/eaafec98-6521-4397-9486-6b28a2d09bd8
  7. Playing sound for Oculus through HDMI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Playing sound for Oculus through HDMI: Hello all, I am currently messing around with a setup in order to use my VR set in the living room rather than in my office. I've got some wiring from my PC to my living room: 3x USB 3.0, 1x HDMI. The USB wires are directly connected to my Oculus devices (headset and...
  8. No sound to tv through hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound to tv through hdmi cable: I have a tv hooked up to my laptop through an HDMI cable. The display comes across beautifully, but there is no sound. I've found my tv, but it gives me no options. When I went into the settings and got to the playback devices, it says the HDMI isn't plugged in. I'm forced...
  9. No sound through HDMI output - Azulle Access

No sound through HDMI output - Azulle Access: This is on the Azulle Access PC stick with a Westinghouse TV. Video output through HDMI is fine. But no sound goes through. TV speakers work fine with different sources, so it's not the TV. I updated the audio driver. No change. Here is my audio devices:...
  10. windows 10 sound problem through hdmi

windows 10 sound problem through hdmi: i have recently got a new motherboard and cpu and ram, and installed them without formatting, the desktop is working fine on the old OS installed on other hardware, but i problem persists, there is a conflict in audio which is preventing sound on windows, on youtube etc, and...