Windows 10: No sound through headphones/speakers from Line-In

Discus and support No sound through headphones/speakers from Line-In in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a VIA HD on board sound card, with a Behringer Xenyx 1202fx mixer. Main out with RCA cables with a 3.5mm y-adapter plugged into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShdwKnght, Aug 13, 2016.

1. ShdwKnght Win User

No sound through headphones/speakers from Line-In

Hello,

I have a VIA HD on board sound card, with a Behringer Xenyx 1202fx mixer. Main out with RCA cables with a 3.5mm y-adapter plugged into the line-in on the sound card. I have Samson C01 Studio condenser Mic connected to the mixer. Since upgrading to Windows 10, I can no longer hear my mic sound through my headphones/speakers. I can still record, and record the sound. I have tried turning on "listen to this device" but that gives a slight lag, and it is very hard to sing when your voice is lagging in your ears. So that is not an option. Is there any way to get the sound back to the headphones from the line in?

Thanks

:)

ShdwKnght, Aug 13, 2016

2. Sound problems with windows 10

I updated my laptop from windows 7 to windows 10 yesterday and I am having an issue with my sound. The sound was not coming from the speakers on my laptop but it would come through on my headphones, when i changed the sound default to my speakers, the speakers
    worked but when i plugged my headphones in the sound continues to play from my speaker. when headphones are default then sound doesn't play through the speakers when the headphones are unplugged.

setting the headphones as the default communication device does not solve this issue.

before this update sound would play through my speakers then when headphones where plugging in it would play through the headphone then back to the speakers when the headphones were unplugged. That's how its supposed to be.

How do i fix this issue? Help.

BeckyThayer13, Aug 13, 2016
  3. Problem with the sound in Windows 10

I updated my laptop from windows 7 to windows 10 yesterday and I am having an issue with my sound. The sound was not coming from the speakers on my laptop but it would come through on my headphones, when i changed the sound default to my speakers, the speakers
    worked but when i plugged my headphones in the sound continues to play from my speaker. when headphones are default then sound doesn't play through the speakers when the headphones are unplugged.

setting the headphones as the default communication device does not solve this issue.

before this update sound would play through my speakers then when headphones where plugging in it would play through the headphone then back to the speakers when the headphones were unplugged. That's how its supposed to be.

How do i fix this issue? Help.

NIKOLETA VARSANOVA, Aug 13, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

Try the Windows 7 ? or 8? Driver for the VIA HD you were using, if there isn't a newer one available , the Auto installed one from Windows Update/ in Win10, may not be 100% compatible with your Chip.

Kbird, Aug 13, 2016
  5. ShdwKnght Win User
    I have tried the older drivers, but still getting nothing from the line-in.

ShdwKnght, Aug 14, 2016
  6. Kbird Win User
    Kbird, Aug 14, 2016
  7. ShdwKnght Win User
    Ok, I have installed a SB Audigy fx sound card, and uninstalled the drivers for the VIA on board sound, and turned it off in bios. But I am still having the same problem. All sounds work, but I cannot hear sounds from the line-in. The line-in works, because I can record from it, just cannot hear while I am recording. If I turn on the "Listen to this device", the sound coming from line-in has a slight lag which makes singing almost impossible.

ShdwKnght, Aug 17, 2016
  8. Tom886 Win User

Have you tried to set in the recording devices of Windows to define Line-In as output?
    I believe only one can be active, so either Output or Input

Tom886, Aug 17, 2016
  9. fireberd Win User
    PC sound cards are terrible for recording because of latency (delay). SoundBlaster's are definitely out, in the recording world.

Generally, you want "Stereo Mix" set as default recording device (What You Hear with a SoundBlaster). Then whatever input is (should be) heard on the PC speakers.

If you change from an internal sound card to a separate sound card, in most cases (all I've seen) you must change the front panel headphone/mic jack connection from the motherboard to the separate sound card or the front panel headphone/mic jacks will not work.

I have a home recording studio. A USB recording interface, such as the Focusrite 2i2 (second generation) or similar is your best option for any recording or being able to sing or play an instrument and record with a track. Many of these USB interfaces come with a recording program which is much better than the free Audacity.

Here is a link to Sweetwater Music and the 2i2 (avoid the Behringer's as the drivers are bad).
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 - Second Generation | Sweetwater.com

fireberd, Aug 17, 2016
  10. Kbird Win User
    I know on my Realtek Card , under advanced device settings there is an option to seperate or tie line in/outs etc together but I have never wanted to sing / record so Have not played with it but usually have them seperated as it seems to help with some Realtek Chips to output correctly.

Kbird, Aug 17, 2016
  11. ShdwKnght Win User
    In Windows 7, I had everything set up just like I do now, and I could hear myself without having to click on "whatyouhear". Since switching to Windows 10, I can no longer hear myself when using this setup.

ShdwKnght, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No sound through headphones/speakers from Line-In - Similar Threads - sound through headphones

2. All sound is playing through the computer speakers and not through my headphones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All sound is playing through the computer speakers and not through my headphones: I'm not sure when it started nor why but the sound only comes out if I restart my computer and quickly plug in my headphones as soon as the computer opens. Is there anything I can do to fix this? My mom is getting so sick of hearing me play music lol...
  3. Sound coming through both headphones and speakers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound coming through both headphones and speakers.: I just bought the Nitro 5 and found that when my headphones are plugged in, minecraft game audio comes through my main speakers while the spotify app and anything on google all play audio through my headphones. In the sound settings the app minecraft is specifically set to...
  4. No sound through speakers only through headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound through speakers only through headphones: I doubt Ill EVER get this fixed but im compelled to keep trying and asking. Lenovo X220 no sound through speakers only through headphones. Ive read at least a hundred threads on this and tried the suggested solutions, but none have worked for me. Ive installed and...
  5. MSI P65 - Sound through speakers and headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MSI P65 - Sound through speakers and headphones: [ATTACH] Hello guys, I bought a new laptop in September and it has been working fine but last month it stopped playing any sound. At first I thought I clicked on something, but I realised the if I plug my headphones, the sound plays through the built-in speakers and...
  6. Sound playing through both speakers and headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound playing through both speakers and headphones: Thank you for your time in advance. Since the latest larger windows update about a month ago, I have been having a problem that I cannot seem to solve with the standard solutions and what I could find from googling several hours on several days. Upon starting my computer,...
  7. no sound through speakers after using headphones and restarting

in Windows 10 Customization
    no sound through speakers after using headphones and restarting: Hi! Its hard to find this issue exactly online, but i feel there should be a simple fix i am overlooking or which windows 10 has made interminably convoluted. Quite simply on my Asus laptop if i plug in the headphones everything is normal - sound coming through the...
  8. Sound plays through speakers and headphones at same time

Sound plays through speakers and headphones at same time: My audio wasn't working at first so I checked my device manager and saw that my intel high definition audio device was missing so I manually downloaded it and used intel device support to make sure it was all updated now the sound works but when I plug in my headphones the...
  9. Headphones not detected and sound continues to play through speakers

Headphones not detected and sound continues to play through speakers: After doing a complete reset and re installation of windows on my laptop the laptop no longer detects headphones. With headphones plugged into the headphone jack the sound still plays through the speakers. When I look in playback devices while the headphones are connected...
  10. No sound from speakers/headphones

No sound from speakers/headphones: Hi, I have the Dell XPS 8300 with the onboard Realtek HD Audio. I can't get any sound from speakers/headphones using any of the ports at the back and the front audio jack. The speakers are fine as I have tested them on my mobile. I have the latest drivers...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell xps 8930 linein devic