Windows 10: No sound via VT1828s.

Discus and support No sound via VT1828s. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got sound for a couple hours but then my wife tried her pogo.com flash game then sound went away so I fiddled away and still no sound on any thing,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by upcoast, Jun 21, 2015.

1. upcoast Win User

No sound via VT1828s.

I got sound for a couple hours but then my wife tried her pogo.com flash game then sound went away so I fiddled away and still no sound on any thing, give up turn it off.

Next day disable/enable audio device nothing uninstall endpoint let it re-install still nothing, hours later all of the sudden sound comes back after doing nothing wmp/steam games work ok great, wife plays pogo.com flash game again and sound is gone everywhere again/wmp won't even run an avi/mp4/mkv just comes up unsupported/youtube or other flash video sputter and error 0 sound then says try again later.

Sooooo, I go through the disable/enable uninstall/install restart again and again, select speaker as default and check disable enhancement in hd audio properties like one post suggested still nothing.

Obviously pogo or flash games are bad for something in via sound but is there a way to fix it or is there other things broken too?

I also tried an old Audigy LS card it wouldn';t even boot into windows.

That's it any ideas? Thanks.

The fix to get sound back, it seems as long as you try to install any via audio driver be it vx7 (which I did the 1st time but win popped up saying it was wrong driver basically) or 10_1200a the sound comes back but wmp is still broken and flash player.

Nope that ^ didn't last long youtube killed it and I think I'm getting sick of it.

The final fix, don't trust auto win updates there was a slew of them had to hit retry 3 times before it would dl them because it didn't do it before, youtube flash and stupid pogo work now with sound and all. Arggg.

:)

upcoast, Jun 21, 2015

2. VT1828s Sound Card Issues

Hi Katelynjb,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying troubleshooting steps to fix issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I need more information about this issue so that I can assist you better.
    1. What is the make and model of your computer?

2. Do you get any error message while playing music?

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following article to fix issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this helps. If the issue still persists, let us know and will be happy to help.

Thank You.

Preeti Patel, Jun 21, 2015
  3. katelynjb Win User
    VT1828s Sound Card Issues

I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday with lots of hopes only to be shattered !!

After a perfect upgrade I found that my via VT1828s was not working with Windows 10.

The issue is that no audio plays whatever methods i have tried that is mentioned in Support (Update Driver , move back to default drivers etc etc)

I opened a remote session with tech support here and she just kept on trying one option nd another until i said enough is enough..

I am a freelancer and very time conscious.. so thinking of rolling back to Win 8.1 if no one helps..

Any one can help me ?

katelynjb, Jun 21, 2015
  4. Daniel Win User

No sound via VT1828s.

Daniel, Jul 12, 2015
Thema:

No sound via VT1828s.

1. No sound via VT1828s. - Similar Threads - sound via VT1828s

2. phone smartlink no sound via PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    phone smartlink no sound via PC: using smartphone link no sound via PCalready had the issue last week, it worked thanks to a micrtosoft person but now again is not working and this time all is updated[moved from de-de]...
  3. phone smartlink no sound via PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    phone smartlink no sound via PC: using smartphone link no sound via PCalready had the issue last week, it worked thanks to a micrtosoft person but now again is not working and this time all is updated[moved from de-de]...
  4. Sound suppression problem via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound suppression problem via bluetooth: Hello,SO my problem is that when i connect my xbox wireless headset to pc via bluetooth its works fine till i turn on discord then every sound i hear is like suppressed. I tried a lot of things. When Im not in voice talk on discord i can kinda can change the sound back to...
  5. Sound suppression problem via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound suppression problem via bluetooth: Hello,SO my problem is that when i connect my xbox wireless headset to pc via bluetooth its works fine till i turn on discord then every sound i hear is like suppressed. I tried a lot of things. When Im not in voice talk on discord i can kinda can change the sound back to...
  6. Windows 10 via Bootcamp No Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 via Bootcamp No Sound: I recently installed Windows 10 via Bootcamp onto my late-2012 21.5 inch iMac. I made sure the OS X side of things had been updated before doing so. Nearly everything has gone without a hitch except one major problem; there is no sound when using Windows 10! I checked to see...
  7. Can't get surround sound via HDMI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't get surround sound via HDMI: hey. My HDMI plug to LG TV LGTV EDID only 2ch. there is any way to passthrough 5.1? even if i'm change in game settings to 5.1 i'm getting only stereo. submitted by /u/Shadowshoot [link] [comments]...
  8. No Sound via Display Port

No Sound via Display Port: Running Win10 x64 1903 - LG Ultra monitor 4k using DP. Monitor is capable of sound but the properties for the LG show jack information as HDMI. Is there anyway of remapping this to show DP. The monitor menu is limited regarding options - the sound is showing as 100% Any...
  9. Linux / Windows VM's and sound via HDMI

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Linux / Windows VM's and sound via HDMI: Hi folks a number of you use Linux VM's (and some probably as hosts too). If you have HDMI connections to a sound enabled monitor sometimes it's annoying as the sound (when working) still goes by default through the internal speakers --especially on a Laptop. This also is a...
  10. Any Solutions for VT1828S Audio Driver?

Any Solutions for VT1828S Audio Driver?: I re3cently upgraded to 10 (just yesterday) and found that my Sound Card is not playing .. Have tried all types of support and tricks but nothing works.. The only thing that i can do is play test sounds.. I had VIA_HD_Audio_6.0.11.0800 on 8.1 and it was picture...