Windows 10: No Sound when pluging in headphone problem on multiple computers

Discus and support No Sound when pluging in headphone problem on multiple computers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ok so I have had this problem on 2 pcs. the first one fixed itself after a headache and restarting it a couple times. but this one however I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mallosseth, Jun 21, 2015.

1. No Sound when pluging in headphone problem on multiple computers

ok so I have had this problem on 2 pcs. the first one fixed itself after a headache and restarting it a couple times. but this one however I have restarted several times with no luck. I know the headphones work. I have sound on my speakers just fine. I plug in the headphone and the sound on my speaker stops (like it should) but no sound comes threw the headphones. I unplug them it plays on the speaker. plug it back in no sound. so I know its registering it as pluged in. when I click on the speaker and go into property's the green level bar is moving as if sound is playing but no sound. I try to trouble shoot and it says (an error uncured during trouble shooting unable to start) or something of the sort.) iv tried updating the drivers. I have no clue how to fix this. I'm currently running a dell latitude E5540 with the new windows 10. like I said tho had the same problem on my Toshiba satellite c650 but it, fixed itself after restarting and unplugging the headphone and plugging them in a few times. no luck on this one however any help would be much appreciated thanks.

:)

Mallosseth, Jun 21, 2015

2. hearing of sound from both speaker and headphone in laptop with OS window10

when i pluged in headphone i heard sound through headphone ,but at the same time speaker also produce the sound .

roshanbudhathoki321, Jun 21, 2015
  3. Sound problem after upgrade

i„ve done this... and the problem persists. i have sound.. but when i pluged aux jack. form my headphone ... nothing happend

BilecFlorin, Jun 21, 2015
  4. fireberd Win User

No Sound when pluging in headphone problem on multiple computers

The Dell uses Realtek sound.

First thing to do is check to see what is installed as the sound driver. If its the generic, basic function, Windows installed High Defintion Audio Device, the first thing to do is install the Realtek drivers. You can get the latest driver on the Realtek site www.realtek.com I have the Realtek High Definiton Codecs (drivers) installed and they work OK.

If Realtek is already installed, and its the latest driver, do the "refresh" trick. Go to the Device Manager and uninstall the Realtek but DO NOT uninstall the drivers. Then restart the PC and when Windows starts it will detect and reinstall Realtek. This fixes any Windows/Realtek corruptions.

fireberd, Jun 21, 2015
Thema:

No Sound when pluging in headphone problem on multiple computers

1. No Sound when pluging in headphone problem on multiple computers - Similar Threads - Sound pluging headphone

2. the problem with the sound in Bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the problem with the sound in Bluetooth headphones: hello, when I start recording the screen via alt+z or go into the voice channels in the discord and some other applications, the sound in bluetooth headphones is distorted to terrible quality, but if I do the same thing in wired headphones, then everything is fine, I tried...
  3. Windows 11 not detecting my headphone when I pluge it in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not detecting my headphone when I pluge it in: this problem has fased my after upgrading from win10 to win11..wen i plug in my headphone WIN doesnt detect it unless i restart the whole device while the headphone is pluggedthanks for ur time...
  4. Windows 11 not detecting my headphone when I pluge it in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not detecting my headphone when I pluge it in: this problem has fased my after upgrading from win10 to win11..wen i plug in my headphone WIN doesnt detect it unless i restart the whole device while the headphone is pluggedthanks for ur time...
  5. Headphone and sound problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone and sound problem: Hello, I have a problem when connecting the headset to the computer. I can't control the volume. I hope you can help me as soon as possible and thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-and-sound-problem/7445bc5e-c311-439c-990d-fb700f908e2b
  6. Headphone and sound problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone and sound problem: Hello, I have a problem when connecting the headset to the computer. I can't control the volume. I hope you can help me as soon as possible and thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-and-sound-problem/7445bc5e-c311-439c-990d-fb700f908e2b
  7. Problem in sound on Bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem in sound on Bluetooth headphones: I have a PC running windows 10. Earlier everything was working fine but recently I discovered an issue with the sound using while Bluetooth headphones. When I have sound playing, and I click on the Wi-Fi icon on taskbar, the sound stops coming. It does not come until and...
  8. No sound through headphones when pluged into front headphone jack in Windows 10

No sound through headphones when pluged into front headphone jack in Windows 10: I am getting no sound from my headphones. I have tried the headphones on a different computer and the work fine. The computer sees when I plug or unplug the headphones as I get a notification at the lower right corner of my screen. However, when I look on the sound control...
  9. Sound problems when plugging in headphones

Sound problems when plugging in headphones: Since buying a new laptop and updating to windows 10 I have had a problem with the sound, the problem being that when I plug in a set of headphones I manually have to go on playback devices to set my headphones as default and also on the volume mixer to select my headphones...
  10. Problem with sound to stereo headphones

Problem with sound to stereo headphones: Have two 100% identical computers... A-The Windows simulated quadrophonic and 7.1 sound test works fine B- Thesound only appears in the left and right ear, two speakers only, clicking on the others gives a wave symbol on the screen, but nothing through the headset Having...