Windows 10: No Sound

Discus and support No Sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Build 10074, after yesterday's update, sound not working. Also videos are very slow, was fine before. Gave feedback about this. Any help? 5939 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ddgm91, May 6, 2015.

1. ddgm91 Win User

No Sound

Build 10074, after yesterday's update, sound not working. Also videos are very slow, was fine before. Gave feedback about this. Any help?

:)

ddgm91, May 6, 2015
  2. Roy 59er Win User

No sms sound, no call incoming sound in Lumia 930

Sounds like a tough one first thing to try is to reset the phone turn your phone on then press and hold the volume down and the power buttons until it vibrates then release them and it will restart don't touch the screen until it restarts if that doesn't
    help go to the about setting and tap reset make sure you backup your phone before doing the second one as it is a factory reset and will take your phone back to it's original condition like when you first got it let us know how you go or if you need more help
    rgds Roy

Roy 59er, May 6, 2015
  3. I have no sound coming from the speakers no sound at all

Absolutely no sound is coming from my speakers

KathleenWoodbury, May 6, 2015
  4. Chuck38 Win User

No Sound

One thought...

You could do a clean install.

Chuck38, May 7, 2015
  5. fireberd Win User
    Realtek works OK on my install (10074).

Try a "recycle". Go to the Device Manager, uninstall they sound device, but DO NOT uninstall the drivers. Then restart Win and when Win 10 starts it will detect and reinstall the sound. Fixes a lot of flakey problems.

fireberd, May 7, 2015
  6. Charlie Win User
    ddgm
    If you are talking upgrade of the build,then try manual updating your pc and restarting. If you are saying the update that MS pushed out for patch Tuesday try that again, If not that try updateing your driver by going to device manager.

Charlie, May 7, 2015
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    You can try this before a clean install. Sometimes you have to force-feed the drivers if they get quirky, especially with test software like Win 10.

Go into Device Manager. Right click the Sound, Video and Game controllers. You will see the two devices associated with it.
    Right click each one and try to update driver with search automatically. It will probably say they are up to date.

If they get updated, fine. Reboot and check your sound.

If not, which is most likely to happen, right click each and UNINSTALL the device. BOTH. Drivers, too!

The reason for uninstalling the device AND the drivers is to make Windows download a fresh copy of the driver software and not use what is stored in the Driver Store on your computer, which may be corrupt.

Reboot and Windows will re-install the devices and hopefully get the drivers installed correctly.

Same applies to video driver. May be causing your slow videos. Video device and driver is under Monitors.

This process of rebooting and Windows detecting device, finding drivers, and installing is what would happen if you were to add a brand new device and power up the machine. To use old-school terminology, the system "sizes" the devices, loads what drivers it has for found devices, downloads or searches Driver Store for new devices, and installs new and loads new drivers.

This is all much quicker and less painful than a clean install, but not guaranteed. Good luck. *Smile

f14tomcat, May 7, 2015
  8. ddgm91 Win User

No Sound

Well, everything's working again. It was working before. It must have been the update patch. Thanks for all the suggestions. I did uninstall the Realtek before and restart but didn't cure anything at that time. Now, out of the blue it's good. I installed 9926 on a new SSD earlier and have upgraded on the fast ring ever since. I will clean install at RTM or I may just stay with Win 7 Pro.

ddgm91, May 8, 2015
  9. Charlie Win User
    Good, glad it is working for you now. I think 10074 is a good build. *Smile

Charlie, May 8, 2015
  10. Just an FYI to others that find the same issue. Today (yea much later) I did the win 10 upgrade on my desktop, sound wouldn't work after it. I played around with some different suggestions about making sure it was set to HD (i have Logitech X-540 5.1 surround sound speakers), Realtek HD audio. So in the end i downloaded a driver from the Realtek site, went to the device manager and clicked update driver from on my pc, browsed to where i put the driver and the message came up saying you already have the most up to date driver. Closed it, didn't reboot and my sound was working... all 5 speakers. So not sure what is buggy but I suspect if i had just hit the update driver without even downloading and browsing it would have fixed it. I wasted an hour, try that first.

Parkersspace, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No Sound

1. No Sound - Similar Threads - Sound

2. My audio output device disappeared and my laptop now has no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio output device disappeared and my laptop now has no sound: My laptop’s audio output has suddenly disappeared and now everytime a video or something with sound is playing it plays with no sound. Everything is always mute. My laptop is literally a mute laptop. Help please I use : Jumper Laptop Microsoft 365, 13.3 inch FHD Screen4GB...
  3. My audio output device disappeared and my laptop now has no sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My audio output device disappeared and my laptop now has no sound: My laptop’s audio output has suddenly disappeared and now everytime a video or something with sound is playing it plays with no sound. Everything is always mute. My laptop is literally a mute laptop. Help please I use : Jumper Laptop Microsoft 365, 13.3 inch FHD Screen4GB...
  4. My audio output device disappeared and my laptop now has no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth is pair but no sound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth is pair but no sound.: Hi, I have tried all these methods of connecting, disabling, enabling, etc. to the Bluetooth driver. The result shows all is well. My Bluetooth device is connected, and my device is working well, but still the Bluetooth driver doesn't transfer sound to the device. please help...
  6. Bluetooth is pair but no sound.

Bluetooth is pair but no sound.: Hi, I have tried all these methods of connecting, disabling, enabling, etc. to the Bluetooth driver. The result shows all is well. My Bluetooth device is connected, and my device is working well, but still the Bluetooth driver doesn't transfer sound to the device. please help...
  7. I can't adjust the volume using my HUAWEI MateView GT 34-inch using the slider on the sound bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't adjust the volume using my HUAWEI MateView GT 34-inch using the slider on the sound bar: I can only adjust the volume using the mouse but the slider from my soundbar is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-adjust-the-volume-using-my-huawei-mateview/07384f81-68dd-4af9-a72c-68974b3fffab
  8. I can't adjust the volume using my HUAWEI MateView GT 34-inch using the slider on the sound bar

I can't adjust the volume using my HUAWEI MateView GT 34-inch using the slider on the sound bar: I can only adjust the volume using the mouse but the slider from my soundbar is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-adjust-the-volume-using-my-huawei-mateview/07384f81-68dd-4af9-a72c-68974b3fffab
  9. default audio output changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    default audio output changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound: I have an arctis 5 headset, it has never been an issue and to my understanding has always been set as the default audio output. Recently since updating my PC to windows 11 I have been turning my PC on to find that I have no sound in my headphones, naturally I check the audio...
  10. default audio output changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound

default audio output changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound: I have an arctis 5 headset, it has never been an issue and to my understanding has always been set as the default audio output. Recently since updating my PC to windows 11 I have been turning my PC on to find that I have no sound in my headphones, naturally I check the audio...