Windows 10: No Sound

Discus and support No Sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Guy's, This is my first post so forgive me if I put it in the wrong forum. I have just upgraded to Windows 10 ( Fresh install from cd as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Neil Oshea, Feb 23, 2016.

1. No Sound

Hi Guy's,

This is my first post so forgive me if I put it in the wrong forum.

I have just upgraded to Windows 10 ( Fresh install from cd as opposed to update). After install I had no sound coming from the speakers.
    I run with two screens A Samsung S23B350 monitor connected via hdmi - hdmi
    An LG 32LE3300 32" lcd Tv connected via Dvi - hdmi

The graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD6670

Windows 10 gave a warning that when using a dvi to hdmi lead a seperate connection for sound would be needed.
    I purchased a component sound lead ( 3.5mm jack to phono ) and connected it to the tv but this didn't work. I disconnected this lead and plugged some headphones in instead which works fine but is a bit of a nuisance.

After a couple of days of using the computer like this ( plugging in headphones when I needed to hear the commentary on videos ) I switched on the PC and sound was coming out of the TV speakers !!! I carried on using the pc for about two weeks with the sound working fine and then yesterday I turned on the PC and have no sound again.

I have checked for latest drivers for the video card and tried LG to see if they did a driver for 10, they don't. I really have no idea why the sound won't work as it has been working and as far as I am aware I haven't changed anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neil

:)

Neil Oshea, Feb 23, 2016
  2. Roy 59er Win User

No sms sound, no call incoming sound in Lumia 930

Sounds like a tough one first thing to try is to reset the phone turn your phone on then press and hold the volume down and the power buttons until it vibrates then release them and it will restart don't touch the screen until it restarts if that doesn't
    help go to the about setting and tap reset make sure you backup your phone before doing the second one as it is a factory reset and will take your phone back to it's original condition like when you first got it let us know how you go or if you need more help
    rgds Roy

Roy 59er, Feb 23, 2016
  3. I have no sound coming from the speakers no sound at all

Absolutely no sound is coming from my speakers

KathleenWoodbury, Feb 23, 2016
  4. No Sound

When the speakers started working on the TV was the headphones still plugged in

hTconeM9user, Feb 23, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Do a system restore. Pick a date at least 3 days ago, a date your you did NOT have this problem as your restore point.

System Restore Windows 10

davidhk, Feb 23, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Adding..................
    If you do create system image backup regularly, please make sure you do one when EVERYTHING is working fine.
    That way, if you have issue, you can use the system image backup to restore back to working order.

davidhk, Feb 23, 2016
  7. The head phones weren't plugged in when the speakers started working

I just did a system restore, has made no difference.

Neil Oshea, Feb 23, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

No Sound

It may or may not help, but I would suggest doing a repair install.
    To be on the safe side, backup files you want to keep first. Just in case.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Repair Install, also known as In-place install, will allow you to keep your files, settings and apps.
    No product key is required.
    Activation is automatic.

davidhk, Feb 23, 2016
  9. Just like to point out before I re install, that the speakers didn't work when I first installed Windows 10. I don't know exactly when or why they started working but it wasn't until about a week after I installed 10.

Neil Oshea, Feb 24, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    In that case, delay repair install and look for solution elsewhere.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Feb 24, 2016
  11. It is sorted out now. I messed around this morning swapping out the monitors and leads. Now the TV is using HDMI to HDMI and the monitor is on DVI to HDMI, speakers are now working. I tried this last time I had no sound and it didn't work !!
    I don't really know why it's working now but I don't really mind so long as I don't need to use headphones.
    Thanks anyway.

Neil

Neil Oshea, Feb 24, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    Lady Luck is on your side.

Have fun computing.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No Sound

1. No Sound - Similar Threads - Sound

2. how do i remove the youtube picture popup when i adjust sound?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i remove the youtube picture popup when i adjust sound?: submitted by /u/RexicTheKing [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dw1ohq/how_do_i_remove_the_youtube_picture_popup_when_i/
  3. "Boop boop boop" sounds, like peripheral disconnecting, plays and then my games crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Boop boop boop" sounds, like peripheral disconnecting, plays and then my games crash: So far, I've had this happen with two different games - Dayz and Remnant: From the Ashes - so I know it's not an issue with the particular game. What happens is, I hear the Windows sound that plays whenever a peripheral like a gamepad disconnects. It's a descending "boop...
  4. I have problem with my airpods connected to my windows 10 laptop, but no sounds

I have problem with my airpods connected to my windows 10 laptop, but no sounds: Dear all I have a case which involves airpods and my Lenovo yoga 500 windows 10 the problem is: my airpods connected to a laptop, but no sound has come out. the situation I already check, the windows 10 system Bluetooth its say connected as the picture below :...
  5. Weird sound driver bug when changing volume Windows 1903

Weird sound driver bug when changing volume Windows 1903: I'm currently using Windows 1903 with Realtek sound driver. When I changed the volume of my computer all the sound suddenly disappeared. The only fix I find till now is to Uninstall the driver and then restart and not messing with the volume. I'm asking this to find if anyone...
  6. Bluetooth Headphone No Sound

Bluetooth Headphone No Sound: Have tried all suggestions these pages, Realtech Sound system installed. Headphones worked with Windows 8 but since updating to windows 10 no sound. Is there a Windows 10 FIX or can windows 8 be reinstalled from somewhere....
  7. How can I disabled the sound OSD?

How can I disabled the sound OSD?: This: https://i.imgur.com/iGpncP0.png I want to COMPLETELY disable it. I never want to see this frustratingly annoying piece of crap any more. Does anyone know how? I've googled around and I can see how people are disabling it for Chrome itself. But I don't ever want to see...
  8. I am getting no sound from Edge. I am getting sound from Adobe Audition. What seems to be...

I am getting no sound from Edge. I am getting sound from Adobe Audition. What seems to be...: There are about a half dozen sound devices on this Dell PC. I have Adobe Audition installed. I play music fine with Adobe Audition. I open a web browser and try to play streaming audio. Think YOUTUBE, for example. NO SOUND. The end user interface provided by billion...
  9. Sound shown working but nothing from headphones

Sound shown working but nothing from headphones: I recently bought a gaming PC, I plug in my headphones and no sound. The sound level shows that audio is playing but I cant hear it in my headphones. I've checked for updates, uninstalled and reinstalled Realtek drivers and reset my pc, nothing seems to work[IMG]...
  10. audio/sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    audio/sound: My name is Wei Jia Su. I have a problem with audio/sound. the problem is the volume is static and noisy. I tried every way possible related to the volume being static. how can you turn off the static...