Windows 10: No sounds on certain apps after windows update

Discus and support No sounds on certain apps after windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got no sounds on a few apps like Autohotkey (SoundBeep for example), CheatEngine, PrtScr, and even Troubleshoot sound doesn't make any sound too.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Twilinter, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Twilinter Win User

No sounds on certain apps after windows update

I got no sounds on a few apps like Autohotkey (SoundBeep for example), CheatEngine, PrtScr, and even Troubleshoot sound doesn't make any sound too.

But all else work fine, like Google Chrome, Discord, Helium Music Manager, KMPlayer...

Those apps sound fine before i update my windows, even before v1703 b15063.413. I remember this happened 2 or 3 months ago. I thought it's the app fault, but in fact many others people said it work fine.

Some info:
    Win 10 Pro x64 v1703 b15063.413
    Realtek HD Audio Driver 2.81

I already tried many things as follow:

:)

Twilinter, Jun 20, 2017
  2. youfoobar Win User

Is it possible to download the sound effects that come with Windows Phone 7?

I hope to use the sound effects in certain apps I'm developing to make them more themed to the windows phone.

In particular I'm after the sounds that are part of the 'tellme' feature when the feature opens and closes.

youfoobar, Jun 20, 2017
  3. After 1511 Update Certain Apps on Taskbar and Start Menu Freeze

Solved this one!

I would suggest you to run System Maintenance Troubleshooter
    and check if it helps:

• Press Windows + X key. 
    • Select Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security, click on search and indexing
      and Click on Next button.
    • Check all boxes except for the last one and click next.
    After this procedure an error shold be found and fixed. Restart your computer and its done.

DanielCabrini, Jun 20, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Jun 20, 2017
  5. Twilinter Win User
    PrtScr about

My script works fine on the other PCs, it works on mine too but the problem is that i got no sound while others do.

Twilinter, Jun 20, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    I find it curious you actually have a sound acknowledging PrtSc on any PCs - there doesn't seem to be one assigned or available by default. That's PrtSc - the Windows default function - not some added screen capture tool.

dalchina, Jun 20, 2017
  7. Twilinter Win User
    Could you stay on topic please? That PrtSc "tool" is just an example.

Twilinter, Jun 20, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

I wish you good luck with this.

dalchina, Jun 20, 2017
  9. Twilinter Win User
    Thanks for you time anyway.

Can anyone help please?

Twilinter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No sounds on certain apps after windows update - Similar Threads - sounds certain apps

2. Headset Playing Sounds on Only Certain Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Playing Sounds on Only Certain Apps: Hi,I'm having an issue with my headset, it's playing sound on spotify and test headphone tab under the sound settings but for every other program and website I'm not getting any sound from my headset....
  3. Headset Playing Sounds on Only Certain Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset Playing Sounds on Only Certain Apps: Hi,I'm having an issue with my headset, it's playing sound on spotify and test headphone tab under the sound settings but for every other program and website I'm not getting any sound from my headset....
  4. Headset Playing Sounds on Only Certain Apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No sound on a certain game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on a certain game: No sound is playing from a certain game. I have checked the audio settings and the sound is on. The weird part is, I get sounds from the same game if I run it from another windows user account. I've tried reinstalling the game multiple times and cleared all files.I've got no...
  6. No sound on a certain game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound on a certain game: No sound is playing from a certain game. I have checked the audio settings and the sound is on. The weird part is, I get sounds from the same game if I run it from another windows user account. I've tried reinstalling the game multiple times and cleared all files.I've got no...
  7. No sound after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after windows update: I just updated my laptop today and then there are no sounds coming out of my laptop speakers. It's only my laptop speakers, I've tried headsets and other devices and they work. I've uninstalled the update that was installed but that didn't fix it. I've also tried turning off...
  8. Problems loading certain apps in Edge and Firefox after update Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems loading certain apps in Edge and Firefox after update Windows 10: Since a Windows 10 Update during December 2019, several applications do not open in Edge although they do still work in Google Chrome. I have a client who has expressed the following concern " I started to encounter problems logging in my alumni mail box. The UNSW IT...
  9. No sound in JAVA apps after September windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound in JAVA apps after September windows 10 update: I’m a JAVA developer. The last two windows 10 major updates has caused JAVA sound to not function. I’m working with Processing 3. The first time windows 10 made sound not function for JAVA. I managed to have the API developer partially fix the issue. As of the recent...
  10. No Sound in certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Sound in certain games: Hi, recently I got a problem with my sound systems in few games like Forza Horizon 3 and Rocket league which there is no audio (not all my games though) and it only happens in video games I mean I can play songs watch videos everything and works like a charm. I have tried:...