Windows 10: No Spellcheck in Wordpad?

Discus and support No Spellcheck in Wordpad? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a way to enable spellcheck in Windows WordPad? If there is, I can't find it. I just finished writing a long narrative, which had a few typos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mr Ed, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Mr Ed Win User

No Spellcheck in Wordpad?

Is there a way to enable spellcheck in Windows WordPad? If there is, I can't find it. I just finished writing a long narrative, which had a few typos in it. Spellcheck would have been handy. *Sad

:)

Mr Ed, Dec 28, 2016

2. Spell check windows 10

I have never been able to find spellcheck on this computer Spellcheck was always automatic on all my others. PLEASE HELP I need my spellcheck

CarolHargrave, Dec 28, 2016
  3. Ray.TJ Win User
    Spellchecker doesnt work

Original Title: Spellchecker

I have had spellchecker on my quick access toolbar for some time and it has worked well. Recently I have been writing in Welsh and English changing the language setting as appropriate. I know there is no Welsh spellchecker but when I go back to English
    the spellcheck appears not to work giving the 'complete' message when clearly there are errors in the text. Help please!

Many thanks

RayTJ

Ray.TJ, Dec 28, 2016
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Wordpad is a basic program for simple needs. It does not support spellcheck.

LMiller7, Dec 28, 2016
  5. Mr Ed Win User
    Thanks for the explanation. Maybe I can find a word pad program on the Internet that does support it I'll look and report back if I locate anything.

Mr Ed, Dec 28, 2016
  6. Mr Ed Win User
    Mr Ed, Dec 28, 2016
  7. I have used tinySpell in the past and it was quite good but eventually I decided on Jarte which is a WordPad and NotePad replacement.
    • There is a free version with no nags and extra features like Spellcheck, Auto Save, Tabs, Favorite files and more. It does not spellcheck 'as you type' but you run the spellcheck when you finish typing and it will find mistakes and suggest other words, you can add words that are correct (EG: a place name you use often) to it's database so it won't be selected again
    • There is a Portable version so you can try it without installing it
    • Jarte also automatically 'links' with WordWeb dictionary if it's installed
    • Jarte will sit in the Notification Tray if you want so it's always on hand
    • Jarte portable folder is 9.8MB and is using 3.2MB Memory plus a maximum of 2.5% CPU (I'm typing this post in Jarte)

Just another option for you *Smile
    Jarte @ FREE Word Processor Based on Microsoft's WordPad Engine
    WordWeb @ WordWeb: Free English dictionary and thesaurus download

FrillyBits, Dec 28, 2016
  8. Mr Ed Win User

I just tried tinyspell, but didn't like it. So I just installed Apache Open Office (free) and it works fine. I think I'll keep it. *Biggrin

Mr Ed, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No Spellcheck in Wordpad? - Similar Threads - Spellcheck Wordpad

2. I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...: UNINVITED Microsoft Editor is not as efficient as Spellcheck was! I have to fight to get to the word "it" wants to insert into my Word doc., instead of my chosen word, and it keeps interrupting three times starting in 2023 my book's progress with "Feedback to Microsoft"...
  3. I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...: UNINVITED Microsoft Editor is not as efficient as Spellcheck was! I have to fight to get to the word "it" wants to insert into my Word doc., instead of my chosen word, and it keeps interrupting three times starting in 2023 my book's progress with "Feedback to Microsoft"...
  4. For the past 3 or so months the "spellchecker" has been giving, strange, wrong, and often...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For the past 3 or so months the "spellchecker" has been giving, strange, wrong, and often...: For the past 3 or so months the "spellchecker" has been giving, strange, wrong, and often completely ludicrous suggestions see below. This happens across all platforms, except gmail. If this is AI "powered," please switch it back to human powered! Could you please fix it...
  5. For the past 3 or so months the "spellchecker" has been giving, strange, wrong, and often...

For the past 3 or so months the "spellchecker" has been giving, strange, wrong, and often...: For the past 3 or so months the "spellchecker" has been giving, strange, wrong, and often completely ludicrous suggestions see below. This happens across all platforms, except gmail. If this is AI "powered," please switch it back to human powered! Could you please fix it...
  6. Does windows 11 spellchecker only apply to windows apps like Word.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does windows 11 spellchecker only apply to windows apps like Word.: One of the Windows 11 options for typing is for text suggestions whenever using a keyboard but that does not seem to work nor any other spell checking. Under typing all 4 of these options are ON: 1 Show text suggestions when typing on the physical keyboard; 2 Multilingual...
  7. Does windows 11 spellchecker only apply to windows apps like Word.

Does windows 11 spellchecker only apply to windows apps like Word.: One of the Windows 11 options for typing is for text suggestions whenever using a keyboard but that does not seem to work nor any other spell checking. Under typing all 4 of these options are ON: 1 Show text suggestions when typing on the physical keyboard; 2 Multilingual...
  8. Legacy Word 2002 spellcheck only offers undo edit after forced upgrade to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legacy Word 2002 spellcheck only offers undo edit after forced upgrade to Windows 11.: Unlike other threads about a similar problem, in this case clicking Undo Edit does not reveal the other options. Spellcheck simply doesn't work anymore. A related issue is that no matter how many times I remove do not check spelling errors in this document in options, when I...
  9. Legacy Word 2002 spellcheck only offers undo edit after forced upgrade to Windows 11.

Legacy Word 2002 spellcheck only offers undo edit after forced upgrade to Windows 11.: Unlike other threads about a similar problem, in this case clicking Undo Edit does not reveal the other options. Spellcheck simply doesn't work anymore. A related issue is that no matter how many times I remove do not check spelling errors in this document in options, when I...
  10. windows 10 wordpad spellcheck

windows 10 wordpad spellcheck: where is spell-check in Win10 wordpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wordpad-spellcheck/8c5e41f7-b7df-4ee5-8f35-0d3e87740065