Windows 10: No splash screen at daily startup

Discus and support No splash screen at daily startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I am new here, so sorry if a similar topic was already posted. I use Windows 10 Home version 1607 (Anniversary) 64-bit on a Samsung laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mrfdes, Jun 9, 2017.

1. mrfdes Win User

No splash screen at daily startup

Hello,
    I am new here, so sorry if a similar topic was already posted.
    I use Windows 10 Home version 1607 (Anniversary) 64-bit on a Samsung laptop with 6Gb memory and an Intel Pentium B970 2.30GHz CPU.

For a while now, whenever I switch my laptop on in the morning, it starts up with a black screen, and after a while it just switches off.

However, I found a way round this and I take the battery out and unplug it for a little while, then I DO get the splash screen when I start up again, but the screen flickers.

I have an Intel HD Graphics card, but cannot find any further specifics.
    I have tried uninstalling the Graphics card, updating the driver (usual result, "Best driver is already installed"), I also tried uninstalling my Generic PnP Monitor, at a certain time, 2 of them appeared in my Device Manager, one in faint writing, which I uninstalled.

Have I given enough information to make any bells ring?
    Can anyone please help me with this?
    All help will be much appreciated.
    PS. I forgot to mention, This only happens when the laptop has been off overnight, once it has started up I can reboot/shut down all I like.

:)

mrfdes, Jun 9, 2017

2. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4088776) - Error 0x80070643

You might be happier than I am. Same issue daily attempt and then failure / then backed out changes. Then last night it evidently "worked" - back to the original rocky coast splash screen and no error. However, that is all the farther I can get. When
    I click to move to the logon screen, it flashes up, but does not provide the login box but rather rolls back to the splash screen. UGH! No way to start safe mode!

Art_Wohlers, Jun 9, 2017
  3. MandyShaw Win User
    when will we get update 7.8 for windows phone 7.5 mango?

P.S. Re carrier branding splash screens at 'phone startup, not sure whether these always appear - my 920 is branded to EE but I don't get a splash screen; my Omnia is branded to T-Mobile and I do get one.

MandyShaw, Jun 9, 2017
  4. No splash screen at daily startup

TairikuOkami, Jun 9, 2017
  5. mrfdes Win User
    That is one of them "Free" programs again, which will not upgrade your drivers unless you pay.

mrfdes, Jun 9, 2017
  6. This is actually the one, which does. *Smile

But the point is, if it finds anything, you know, what to google for, the exact version number.

TairikuOkami, Jun 9, 2017
  7. mrfdes Win User
    Thank you for your help so far.
    However, none of the drivers which (I thought) matter in this case seem to be part of the outdated ones, ie. the graphics card or monitor.

I also downloaded the Intel checker, but that does not make me a lot wiser.

mrfdes, Jun 9, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Hi, have you tried disabling Fast Startup? Might be worth a shot.

dalchina, Jun 9, 2017
  9. mrfdes Win User
    Yes, dalchina, that has been disabled.
    Thank you anyway.
    The problem is, I updated all old drivers,but I will have to wait until tomorrow morning to see whether the problem is still there.

mrfdes, Jun 9, 2017
  10. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Jun 9, 2017
  11. mrfdes Win User
    Almost, it is an NP350VC5 (Black), it came with Windows 8 and the latest Intel Graphics Driver dates from 2015.
    Further edit: seems I was wrong.
    After a reboot, I now get a completely black screen, no Samsung splash screen or anything.
    The steps I took before donot help anymore.
    Where do I go from here?

mrfdes, Jun 9, 2017
  12. dalchina New Member
    I'm just wondering if it might be your CMOS battery. But the symptoms don't definitively suggest that.

Could be a power problem, or your MBO. I'm afraid this sounds more a hardware than a software problem.
    What can you try? Very limited.

You could try booting not to Windows in the morning, but to a boot disk (such as Kyhi's available from the top of the Software and Apps section here, or a Win 10 bootable medium).

This should virtually eliminate the disk.

You could replace the CMOS battery anyway, just to see what happens- not expensive.

But you're now saying you see just a black screen on any boot at any time... not even a white line top left?

Can you get into the BIOS? Try booting from a boot disk.

Otherwise it's a hardware problem as above.

dalchina, Jun 10, 2017
  13. zbook New Member

Also make a bootable windows 10 iso: Download Windows 10
    This may be useful now or in the future.

zbook, Jun 10, 2017
  14. mrfdes Win User
    First of all, thank you for all the support, everyone.
    I have a Windows boot disk which I made a while ago.
    When it does start up *Smile , I can get into the BIOS.

Funny enough, last night, the machine all of a sudden decided to start up again.
    This morning too, however, on both occasions, the battery was removed, but the laptop was plugged into the mains.
    Could that indicate a faulty battery? Yet, in my taskbar, the battery gauge looks quite normal, at 100%, no red cross or anything.

Once again, a "ghost" copy of my Generic PnP Monitor had appeared in the Device Manager and the Intel Graphics driver is now 19/05/2016.

So, looks like a bit of a puzzle here, but thank you for all the help so far.

mrfdes, Jun 10, 2017
  15. dalchina New Member
    By the way, my reference to the CMOS battery is to a small circular battery, not rechargeable;
    How to replace the CMOS battery

I have no way of knowing if that may or may not be related to this problem, and normally those last about 5 years max.

Also, when your PC has booted, try checking your disk:
    Download Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) and post a screenshot of its GUI for your disk.

Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 10, 2017
Thema:

1. No splash screen at daily startup - Similar Threads - splash screen daily

2. Dell Splash Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell Splash Screen: Hello everyone The issue I'm encountering is quite annoying but I guess it can be considered minor. So this is the issue, when starting up my PC the Dell splash screen pops up and the bar starts to load, but only goes up halfway and doesn't progress further unless the USB...
  3. Splash Screen App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Splash Screen App: To: Microsoft Community Hello, I would like to make a splash screen but i just keep seeing things about removing splashscreen.exe or if it is a virus. I really just want to make a splash screen. Please respond with some code for a splashscreen. From: Heja Ali...
  4. Black screen with No Splash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with No Splash: So basically what I did was that I opened my whole pc and cleaned the dust and then I reassembled it back but now, whenever I press the power button I dont get the splash screen [Dell] and my screen only shows blinking white cursor. I cannot even access Bios. My specs:...
  5. Freeze/ Splash Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze/ Splash Screen: Hi all. I wasn’t sure which sub-forum to put this in (not having a BSOD, but, this is a technical “error” issue), but thought I’d post it here. Ever since I've had Windows 10 (2015?!), this issue I'm about to describe pops up intermittently. Sometimes months & months can go...
  6. Freeze/ Splash Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freeze/ Splash Screen: Hi all. I wasn’t sure which sub-forum to put this in (not having a BSOD, but, this is a technical “error” issue), but thought I’d post it here. Ever since I've had Windows 10 (2015?!), this issue I'm about to describe pops up intermittently. Sometimes months & months can go...
  7. Splash Screen Pictures

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Splash Screen Pictures: My question if for Microsoft. When my computer starts up a beautiful picture comes up before my usual desktop does. The pictures change periodically. They are stunning and beautiful and I think they are part of Microsoft Windows. Is there any way I can find out more about the...
  8. splash screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    splash screen: how can I use the splash screen as background 66324
  9. Skype for business stuck at splash screen on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype for business stuck at splash screen on startup: I have updated my laptops and desktops to Windows 10 recently, coming from Windows 7. On startup, and sometimes amidst usage, Skype for business starts itself and then hangs at the splash screen; thus I cannot disable it from starting automatically. How can I fully remove...
  10. Motherboard "Splash Screen" Appeas on StartUp...How to stop this?

in Windows 10 Support
    Motherboard "Splash Screen" Appeas on StartUp...How to stop this?: I should say, before anything else, that I am a relative novice when it comes to personal computers. I'm using Windows 10. For reasons I don't understand, beginning the morning, when I start the PC the Motherboard manufacturer fills the screen for a second or two and only...