Windows 10: No start key - taskbar does not respond to R mouse click + no edge ico

Discus and support No start key - taskbar does not respond to R mouse click + no edge ico in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After reading all of the possible steps to fix what appears to be a common situation in Windows 10. I find that none of them work. My computer has all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BlackWindow, Nov 3, 2016.

1. No start key - taskbar does not respond to R mouse click + no edge ico

After reading all of the possible steps to fix what appears to be a common situation in Windows 10. I find that none of them work. My computer has all the signs and symptoms as described.
    Does anyone have a solution to this or is it as suggested just format the hard disk and start again.
    Terry

:)

BlackWindow, Nov 3, 2016
  2. Daggoth65 Win User

Windows 10, Mouse Problems

Never ran into a problem like this before. When the computer turns on my mouse seems to work fine. I can manipulate the desktop like normal but the taskbar wont respond to the mouse (my keyboard keys work just fine though, Windows key oping the menu etc)
    After opening Edge or Firefox to get online my mouse wont be able to click on anything because my mouse will still only respond on the desktop. after 5 minutes of messing around in the window it starts to work now but the mouse will not work on the Desktop
    now, but works fine in the Edge/Firefox window.

It seems to only work on one pane at a time, if i keep it in the taskbar for long enough it will start working in the taskbar but then any programs and desktop will both not respond to the mouse. (not just clicking the little 'highlight' that happens when
    you mouse over something will not work either when a section stops responding)

Daggoth65, Nov 3, 2016
  3. MS Edge, Start menu and Search Bar not working after Windows Update

Last night (Dec 23) an automatic update occurred. When I booted up this morning:

It took a LONG time to get started.

EDGE does not work; solid blue screen that does not respond to either left or right mouse click.

(Firefox, Chrome and Oasis DO work.)

The "Start" button and the "Search Bar" do not respond to clicking the left mouse button, but both respond to clicking the right mouse button.

Original title: Win 1 / Edge problems after overnight automatic update

GarryBennett, Nov 3, 2016
Thema:

No start key - taskbar does not respond to R mouse click + no edge ico

1. No start key - taskbar does not respond to R mouse click + no edge ico - Similar Threads - start key taskbar

2. Taskbar, start key, settings and run not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar, start key, settings and run not responding: Logged onto my laptop today to find the taskbar and start button completely unresponsive. I can’t use them to open any applications or to type, and there is a loading symbol where my mouse tracker should be when I hover over them. I tried to use windows + I and windows + R to...
  3. Taskbar, start key, settings and run not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar, start key, settings and run not responding: Logged onto my laptop today to find the taskbar and start button completely unresponsive. I can’t use them to open any applications or to type, and there is a loading symbol where my mouse tracker should be when I hover over them. I tried to use windows + I and windows + R to...
  4. Taskbar, start key, settings and run not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks: Not sure how to describe this properly, but it seems others have similar issues. Some applications work as they did with Win10Pro have 11Pro now.Outlook, Calculator, Explorer, Settings; all behave as they did prior. Normal clicking selects the app and makes it active,...
  6. Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks: Not sure how to describe this properly, but it seems others have similar issues. Some applications work as they did with Win10Pro have 11Pro now.Outlook, Calculator, Explorer, Settings; all behave as they did prior. Normal clicking selects the app and makes it active,...
  7. Apps not responding to mouse clicks.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps not responding to mouse clicks.: Not sure if its a Windows 10 problem or not but, I have had my (pre-built but upgraded) PC for just over a year now and it's great! but for 1, it suddenly started feeling really slow and freezing (I have an m.2 nvme) but, most annoyingly, apps and games will just not respond...
  8. Mouse clicks not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse clicks not responding: Today, I opened the computer. On the lock screen, everything worked as normal, but once it started, no mouse clicks would respond. If I hover over something in the taskbar, it lights up as it should, but clicking on anything does nothing. If I use the touchscreen, the clicks...
  9. MS Edge does not respond

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge does not respond: I have tried to open Edge from all the "short cuts". The splash will show for a moment, then nothing. Also the "Search the web and Windows" box is non resposive. Neither option has worked since upgrade. 25235
  10. R/Click Mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    R/Click Mouse: Lately, if I right click on a file to copy or cut, the screen blinks and it goes to my desktop. If i click on the same file again it does OK and the menu comes up. Any ideas? I think but not sure that it started after the last update to 1058.104 41196