Windows 10: No start key - taskbar does not respond to R mouse click + no edge ico

Discus and support No start key - taskbar does not respond to R mouse click + no edge ico in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After reading all of the possible steps to fix what appears to be a common situation in Windows 10. I find that none of them work. My computer has all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BlackWindow, Nov 3, 2016.

1. No start key - taskbar does not respond to R mouse click + no edge ico

After reading all of the possible steps to fix what appears to be a common situation in Windows 10. I find that none of them work. My computer has all the signs and symptoms as described.
    Does anyone have a solution to this or is it as suggested just format the hard disk and start again.
    Terry

:)

BlackWindow, Nov 3, 2016
  2. Daggoth65 Win User

Windows 10, Mouse Problems

Never ran into a problem like this before. When the computer turns on my mouse seems to work fine. I can manipulate the desktop like normal but the taskbar wont respond to the mouse (my keyboard keys work just fine though, Windows key oping the menu etc)
    After opening Edge or Firefox to get online my mouse wont be able to click on anything because my mouse will still only respond on the desktop. after 5 minutes of messing around in the window it starts to work now but the mouse will not work on the Desktop
    now, but works fine in the Edge/Firefox window.

It seems to only work on one pane at a time, if i keep it in the taskbar for long enough it will start working in the taskbar but then any programs and desktop will both not respond to the mouse. (not just clicking the little 'highlight' that happens when
    you mouse over something will not work either when a section stops responding)

Daggoth65, Nov 3, 2016
  3. MS Edge, Start menu and Search Bar not working after Windows Update

Last night (Dec 23) an automatic update occurred. When I booted up this morning:

It took a LONG time to get started.

EDGE does not work; solid blue screen that does not respond to either left or right mouse click.

(Firefox, Chrome and Oasis DO work.)

The "Start" button and the "Search Bar" do not respond to clicking the left mouse button, but both respond to clicking the right mouse button.

Original title: Win 1 / Edge problems after overnight automatic update

GarryBennett, Nov 3, 2016
Thema:

No start key - taskbar does not respond to R mouse click + no edge ico

1. No start key - taskbar does not respond to R mouse click + no edge ico - Similar Threads - start key taskbar

2. Windows taskbar does not respond

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows taskbar does not respond: Hi, My Realtek audio Driver wont output to headphones via aux, so I did a system restart (not that this resolved the issue) after the system restart I am unable to access explorer, If i click on the windows logo nothing happens, I have the same problem with: ctrl + x...
  3. Mouse clicks not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse clicks not responding: Today, I opened the computer. On the lock screen, everything worked as normal, but once it started, no mouse clicks would respond. If I hover over something in the taskbar, it lights up as it should, but clicking on anything does nothing. If I use the touchscreen, the clicks...
  4. Speaker icon shows in taskbar but does not respond to clicks for volume control

Speaker icon shows in taskbar but does not respond to clicks for volume control: I am running Win 10 on my Dell Inspiron laaptop. I have the Speaker Icon in my taskbar menu but it does not respond when I click it. So the icon does not translate onto my screen into a volume control lever. ANY HELP IN SOLVING THIS? (I would prefer NOT to delete and then...
  5. MS Edge does not respond

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge does not respond: I have tried to open Edge from all the "short cuts". The splash will show for a moment, then nothing. Also the "Search the web and Windows" box is non resposive. Neither option has worked since upgrade. 25235
  6. mouse freezes and then right click wont respond

mouse freezes and then right click wont respond: Hi guys. 4 days ago my mouse in my dell precision windows 10 laptop started freezing. The right click would not respond at clicking. i did alt+ctrl+shift renewed the windows explorer and then the left click function of the mouse would be reed but I had no right click. I...
  7. Taskbar and Start Menu frequently not responding

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar and Start Menu frequently not responding: I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro, up to date, on an Intel i5-6500 processor and Gigabyte H170-Gaming 3 motherboard. I've only been having this problem in the last month or so, having used the Windows installation for about a year previously. The Taskbar and Start Menu...
  8. R/Click Mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    R/Click Mouse: Lately, if I right click on a file to copy or cut, the screen blinks and it goes to my desktop. If i click on the same file again it does OK and the menu comes up. Any ideas? I think but not sure that it started after the last update to 1058.104 41196
  9. Missing PowerShell on r-click start button

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing PowerShell on r-click start button: I have seen the fix for this somewhere on 10F, but I can't find it. Right click on start button shows context menu, but on mine the PowerShell commands are missing. If I uncheck the option in taskbar properties/navigation, I get the 2 cmd prompt options, but if check the...
  10. Ctl key + mouse click does wrong thing

in Windows 10 Support
    Ctl key + mouse click does wrong thing: I have just built a new computer with bits from e-bay at a fraction of what it would have cost new *Smile I have been using Windows XP, NT, 7 since DOS. I have now embarked on the experience which is Windows 10 - some good most horrible, but it does run faster. I have...