Windows 10: No Start No Cortana

Discus and support No Start No Cortana in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; No start & No cortana and a whole lot more missing in Win10 10240 Pro Insider. Program after program is not "connected" or "linked". I have done many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 2tracker, Aug 3, 2015.

1. 2tracker Win User

No Start No Cortana

No start & No cortana and a whole lot more missing in Win10 10240 Pro Insider. Program after program is not "connected" or "linked". I have done many "iso" but still the "banner headline" CRITICAL ERROR.... we'll try and fix the next time you sign in. This sorry saga began over 2 weeks ago after stunning success on a HP Elite quad and a Dell 660s quad both insider upgrades to Win10 10240 with no problems. But this HP Pavilion HPE AMD dual quad Nvidia GPU has been broken all this time. I can't communicate on it at all. During the upgrade the install % was 75 or 80 but the most I've seen since is fail around 25% install. Yet winver says I have Win10 10240 and it activated!

I've done many many bios interventions but none of them has changed my desktop HPE one bit. I cannot get thru the step by step that gurus generously offer here on tenforums......... the "Critical Error, fail" banner is on permanently.

I probably could wait until MS catches up to their unfortunate "insiders" that have run into a "brick wall". But, can even they fix this "brick"?

Keeping in mind this is a bios (not Eufi) I can't even get to a "format" for the C: drive.
    How to "unbrick" this thing?

Is "format" C:\ the answer?
    TIA

:)

2tracker, Aug 3, 2015
  2. ...No... Win User

Shift Lock On Windows 10

Hello,how do I enable shift lock on Windows 10? Somebody help!!!

...No..., Aug 3, 2015
  3. Nick-V Win User
    No Settings, No Start Button, No Cortana Search, No Edge, No Calculator, Cannot get to Devices & Printers, etc.

Or is this a way to go to a restore point without using settings which doesn't work??

Nick-V, Aug 3, 2015
  4. 2tracker Win User

No Start No Cortana

copied pthreadVC2.dll but win10 apparently "moved" it. Can you recommend a website offering the automated 1-2-3 step fix?

TIA! Carl

2tracker, Aug 9, 2015
  5. letmein Win User
    letmein, Aug 9, 2015
  6. 2tracker Win User
    letmein,

No Start, No Cortana I fixed with a clean install. New issue is the loss of pthreadVC2.dll from the Win10 and that affects many programs. I'm guessing it is in the registry but what I need is a nod towards a safe (good guys) address to solve it........................ in 3 or 4 steps or even automated. I don't like just pulling some unknown address from google? ( I copied and pasted that dll but unfortunately it got moved and I don't where from.

2tracker, Aug 9, 2015
  7. 2tracker Win User
    Can anyone shed some light on this problem? TIA

2tracker, Aug 10, 2015
  8. Bazz Win User

No Start No Cortana

Something for you to try open a cmd and run sfc /scannow.

Bazz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

No Start No Cortana

1. No Start No Cortana - Similar Threads - Start Cortana

2. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?: Since I updated my computer, my Windows key doesn't work and any application related to the start menu don't work either. I've already reset, restarted multiple times, tried wsreset and cmd commands, and checked for game mode, and tried the Fn commands. This happened the last...
  3. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?: Since I updated my computer, my Windows key doesn't work and any application related to the start menu don't work either. I've already reset, restarted multiple times, tried wsreset and cmd commands, and checked for game mode, and tried the Fn commands. This happened the last...
  4. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Start menu and Cortana not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and Cortana not working: Hi, I uninstalled a quality update of windows 11 because my computer has been freezing several times and after I uninstalled, my computer went well for only a few minutes before it freezed again. My cursor was the only thing that can move while my PC frozed. It showed me a...
  6. Start menu and Cortana not working

Start menu and Cortana not working: Hi, I uninstalled a quality update of windows 11 because my computer has been freezing several times and after I uninstalled, my computer went well for only a few minutes before it freezed again. My cursor was the only thing that can move while my PC frozed. It showed me a...
  7. Start menu cortana search not working along with others

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start menu cortana search not working along with others: hp laptop with windows 10. start menu wont open, search wont work, settings wont open, system properties wont open, display settings wont open. tried to restart windows explorer, didn't change. tried sfc scannnow, nothing changed. Cortana does not appear in task manager....
  8. Start menu cortana search not working along with others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu cortana search not working along with others: hp laptop with windows 10. start menu wont open, search wont work, settings wont open, system properties wont open, display settings wont open. tried to restart windows explorer, didn't change. tried sfc scannnow, nothing changed. Cortana does not appear in task manager....
  9. Start menu cortana search not working along with others

10. Can cortana be taught to hold a conversation , rather than having to start every sentence...

in Cortana
    Can cortana be taught to hold a conversation , rather than having to start every sentence...: maybe a secret list of commands that cortana already knows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-cortana-be-taught-to-hold-a-conversation/bbff54f2-ebe0-44df-830a-94cc13a351a2