Windows 10: No startup folder - how to auto start a program

Discus and support No startup folder - how to auto start a program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since there is no START folder, how do you set up an exe file to run whenever windows 10 starts? Thanks Doug 28491 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by oldblue, Nov 1, 2015.

1. oldblue Win User

No startup folder - how to auto start a program

Since there is no START folder, how do you set up an exe file to run whenever windows 10 starts?

Thanks

Doug

:)

oldblue, Nov 1, 2015

2. Autostart a program in Windows 10

Since Windows 10 doesn't have a Startup Folder, how do I make a program auto-run at Startup?

Big Dog Big Feet, Nov 1, 2015
  3. Yilofall Win User
    Starta program automatically when Windows 10 starts?

Somewhat helpful, but did not answer the question of how to start an application at startup. I am used to a startup folder. If you want a program to start when the computer boots you add it to the startup folder. If you change your mind you remove the
    program from the startup folder. I want to know how to do that in windows 10.

Yilofall, Nov 1, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 1, 2015
  5. oldblue Win User
    Thanks Brink. I was so used to Win 7, but I just bought a new laptop w/ Win 10, it's been a bit of a learning curve.

oldblue, Nov 1, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Doug. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No startup folder - how to auto start a program - Similar Threads - startup folder auto

2. Windows 10 - Program Auto Start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Program Auto Start: I have a computer that needs to automatically start a certain program on startup so that it can only be used for that purpose. I had it working fine for a long time but after upgrading windows 10 there’s a problem. Now it still starts up but only in the background. I can see...
  3. Windows 10 - Program Auto Start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Program Auto Start: I have a computer that needs to automatically start a certain program on startup so that it can only be used for that purpose. I had it working fine for a long time but after upgrading windows 10 there’s a problem. Now it still starts up but only in the background. I can see...
  4. Auto-Start apps on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Auto-Start apps on startup: Hi, so this problem has been sticking with me for a while. I sometimes change the desktop by using Task View, with some apps still open in the earlier desktop. I forget all about those apps, and I sometimes shut the Notebook down without closing the apps on Desktop 1. Then,...
  5. Program in Startup folder not starting on startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Program in Startup folder not starting on startup in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows maintains a list of programs that can launch themselves as soon as you log in to the system. It comes in handy for those […] This article Program in Startup folder not starting on startup in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Programs not starting at startup

Programs not starting at startup: I have Win 10 latest version. No viruses or spyware. Check regularly with good programs. I have notice over the last few weeks 2-3 of my programs were not starting with Windows like have been for the past few years. I go into the program itself and the box that says start...
  7. too many programs starting up when windows starts, and they are NOT in the startup folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    too many programs starting up when windows starts, and they are NOT in the startup folder: hey you experts => I am pretty sure that I have removed every one of the programs from the startup folder that you see in the image below. Can you guys tell me why they're starting up anyway, and how I can shut that feature off permanently? thanks! the programs that I need...
  8. Windows 10 pro Startup folder - program not starting

Windows 10 pro Startup folder - program not starting: All my computers are standalone, not on a domain. I used to put program in the startup folder using start | run shell:startup and this used to work until a recent windows update. Although some machines work others don't I've found the only reliable way to get a program to...
  9. Windows 10 pro Startup folder - program not starting

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 pro Startup folder - program not starting: All my computers are standalone, not on a domain. I used to put program in the startup folder using start | run shell:startup and this used to work until a recent windows update. Although some machines work others don't I've found the only reliable way to get a program to...
  10. How to add an app for auto start and auto login after window startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add an app for auto start and auto login after window startup: Hi , I need some im trying to setup a third party app to run after windows login startup , i need also this app to auto login since it requires credential to run , app doesn't have any option for auto run or auto login thats why i need to find a way to do it from win or...