Windows 10: No Startup or Shutdown Sound

Discus and support No Startup or Shutdown Sound in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The Windows Startup sound is actually compiled and stored in: C:\Windows\System32\imageres.dll. If you download: Resource Hacker and open this file.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jaustin, Jul 29, 2015.

1. drugo Win User

No Startup or Shutdown Sound

hi
    the program Startup Sound Changer seems Unsupported software, not compatible with w10
    i have starup sound , but no log off , o reboot or shut down

do you think that change the registry like the link below it a goode idea?
    i found this Where is the Windows 10 Start Sound, Logoff, Logon (enable, activate)?

drugo, Nov 3, 2015
  2. Turk1981 Win User

I downloaded a program Called Windows 7 "Startup sound changer" from softonic. I tried it on my Windows 10 and it worked fine. Hope it helps you. But can't say the same for "Shutdown Sound". I'm still working on that one. Good Luck!

Turk1981, Dec 12, 2015
  3. Davy49 Win User
    Dear topgundcp,
    I've been having this issue for quite some time on my windows 10 laptop..and as I'm rather 'old fashonied', I'm so used to hearing that familiar sound on my other computer that I made my mind up to try and do something about it. I performed a search and this message board posting came up. I downloaded/installed the "Resource Hacker" you mentioned in your post, and at least for now I have my sound back..as I've never use that software before..I wasn't really sure if I needed to 'save' the modification or not.
    Thanks SO Much !!
    David *chuckle

Davy49, Jun 11, 2016
  4. Krawk Win User

I too am fighting the logon and shutdown lack of sound on Windows 10. Enabling them in the registry, going into the Sounds control panel they are set correctly to what they were with Windows 7. I did a Windows 7-->10 upgrade rather than a fresh install so it saved the media files.
    One observation I have made when I DISABLED fast-boot. My system now takes 7 seconds from the time the bios posts to where I am sitting at the password prompt, with fast-boot ENABLED it takes 15 seconds. Using a Samsung 512 PRO SSD.

Krawk, Jul 1, 2016
  5. I always have that disabled I dont like startup sounds on any of my devices. But I dont remember if it ever sounded honestly. Was windows 8.1 the same regarding the startup sound in 10.1

Bright Eyes, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No Startup or Shutdown Sound - Similar Threads - Startup Shutdown Sound

2. How to change windows startup and shutdown sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change windows startup and shutdown sounds: Hello,I am vatshal gautamI like the windows XP sound and I downloaded it. I want to make it my windows startup sound and the windows-XP-shutdown-sound.wav as my shutdown sound. How to do it without any software...
  3. How to change windows startup and shutdown sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change windows startup and shutdown sounds: Hello,I am vatshal gautamI like the windows XP sound and I downloaded it. I want to make it my windows startup sound and the windows-XP-shutdown-sound.wav as my shutdown sound. How to do it without any software...
  4. How to change windows startup and shutdown sounds

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Startup and Shutdown Sounds Won't Play Properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Startup and Shutdown Sounds Won't Play Properly: Hey all, I'm not really sure where on these forums to ask this question, but I need a bit of help. Is anyone here familiar with Winaero Tweaker? I recently discovered this utility and found that there is an option to set a custom startup sound for Windows 10 (version 1909)....
  6. Windows 10 startup and shutdown sounds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 startup and shutdown sounds: Hello. I have Windows 10. I want to change the Windows's default startup and shutdown sounds, with the old ones from Windows 95I am nostalgic, I liked them a lot. I tried to use the method to change some registry entries, replace them in Control Panelwith the .wav extension...
  7. Shutdown and startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown and startup: Hello . My windows 10 pc suddenly has been taking ages to shut off. I press shutdown and it takes 30 seconds for the shutdown screen to show. This randomly started 1 day. I reset the pc, keeping only my games and some documents and it,s still the same. It also takes longer to...
  8. startup and shutdown .wav sounds in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    startup and shutdown .wav sounds in Windows 10?: Despite finding the questions asked over and over and from every angle, I have yet to find an answer to the question of why we no longer have startup and shutdown sounds available in windows 10....
  9. Shutdown/startup problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown/startup problem: I have kind of a weird problem that went back to the Windows 8 days as well When I shutdown from my desktop, I have no problems when I start up again. (I'm the administrator if that makes a difference). When my wife shuts down from her desktop and I try to start up...
  10. Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

in Windows 10 Support
    Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing: Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing in Windows 10. What should I do? 11355