Windows 10: No Store neither Edge apps found after Profile Fix

Discus and support No Store neither Edge apps found after Profile Fix in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello community. First of all I want to thanks this forum because it helped me to solve the "Temporary Profile" issue which is super annoying. I didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nanakji, Jun 19, 2016.

1. nanakji Win User

No Store neither Edge apps found after Profile Fix

Hello community. First of all I want to thanks this forum because it helped me to solve the "Temporary Profile" issue which is super annoying. I didn't lose any file or pre installed app, except Windows Store and all the apps downloaded from there (Edge, Calculator, Flipboard, etc). I really don't know how to fix this. The tutorial from this forum I used was this: You've been signed in with a temporary profile - Fix
    I had to add a built in administration profile in order to recover the damaged profile, and as indicated on the tutorial: you have to erase a bak file in order to do so. After rebooting I dont see any Store app or Edge app or nether the search bar of windows may find it. If you guys know how to fix this I will really appreciate it!!! Thanks and have an excelent weekend!

UPDATE1: I'm trying this tutorial: Restore and reinstall Windows Store in Windows 10 after removing with PowerShell but I don't even have the Windows Apps folder so an error message appears at the Powershell
    No Store neither Edge apps found after Profile Fix [​IMG]

Add-Appxpackage : Error de implementación con HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Error en la instalación. Póngase en contacto con el proveedor de software. (Excepción de HRESULT: 0x80073CF9)
    NOTA: para obtener información adicional, busque [ActivityId] 237ea2ac-c8d7-0001-c143-8523d7c8d101 en el registro de eventos o use la línea de comandos Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 237ea2ac-c8d7-0001-c143-8523d7c8d101
    En línea: 1 Carácter: 1
    + Add-Appxpackage -register "C:\Archivos de Programa\WindowsApps\Micros ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : WriteError: (C:\Archivos de ...ppxManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

UPDATE 2: I have changed permissions to see hidden folders but the same error is shown

:)

nanakji, Jun 19, 2016

2. windows 10 issue

I RECENTLY UPDATED MY LUMIA 730 FROM 8.1 TO WINDOWS 10.AFTER THAT ANOTHER UPDATE GOT INSTALLED AND AS A RESULT THE SETTINGS APP GOT DISAPPEARED. ALSO THE MICROSOFT EDGE IS ALSO NOT WORKING NEITHER IS CORTANA

ALSO THE APPS ARE NOT GETTING UPDATED IN THE STORE. PLEASE FIX THE ISSUE

NikhilMandani, Jun 19, 2016
  3. Access Control Entry is Corrupt

I've run both the SFC and DISM tool, neither found any issue.

I am only having issues with one app from the store. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it with no improvement. However, I have created a new user profile on the computer in question and the app works fine in the new profile.

Is it possible that bad user data in the user profile is not being deleted when uninstalling the app, and is there a way to remove any user data that may be left over in the profile after deletion of the app?

MarkTrombley, Jun 19, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

essenbe, Jun 19, 2016
  5. nanakji Win User
    nanakji, Jun 19, 2016
  6. essenbe Win User
  7. nanakji Win User
    I have seen the tutorial but is related to register again Windows 10. In my case the problem is that the icon is not even shown at the task bar and I need to reinstall the whole thing. Thanks.

nanakji, Jun 19, 2016
  8. essenbe Win User

essenbe, Jun 19, 2016
  9. nanakji Win User
    nanakji, Jun 19, 2016
  10. essenbe Win User
    Try running this in the search or run box. Edge should open %windir%\explorer.exe shell:Appsfolder\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe!MicrosoftEdge

essenbe, Jun 19, 2016
  11. nanakji Win User
    Thanks. I did and it only opened the My Documents folder. Nothing else.

nanakji, Jun 19, 2016
  12. essenbe Win User
    Have you done any alterations to the system, such as disabled Edge and Store?

Please right click on the start icon and select Command prompt administrator, give admin permissions and copy/paste this into the window that opens and press enter sfc /scannow . If you decide to type it in, please notice the space between the sfc and the /. We want it to say no integrity violations were found. If it says there where corrupt files that could not be repaired, please reboot and run it again. You may have to run it 3 times with reboots in between each time.

essenbe, Jun 19, 2016
  13. nanakji Win User

Thanks for kind answer. While I'm running the scan command you gave me I can answer your question: After electricity went down for couple of minutes (this happened Thursday 16th) and I restarted PC, the system forced a "Temporary Profile". All my data was there, etc. So I found the fix described above in the original post I made here (the tutorial is also from this forum). I had to erase a BAK entry on the Registry and restart. While I was able to eliminate the "Temporary Profile" issue, I noticed the Store app and Edge and all other apps are not there. I tried also the fix with the Power Shell but I got those errors (I dont know if that is because I didnt have the Folder with Windows apps hidden at that moment, so I havent try the fix again with the hidden folder now shown).

I hope this helps to understand my issue. This has never happened to me before and Im no expert. Thanks!!!

nanakji, Jun 19, 2016
  14. essenbe Win User
    Ok, lets see what the sfc scan does. It is supposed to check system files and repair/replace any system files that are missing/corrupt. If that doesn't work there are a couple of other things we can try.

essenbe, Jun 19, 2016
  15. nanakji Win User
    Thanks. You are being so kind! I guess I could re try the Power Shell commands so I can Try to reinstall the missing packages. But lets see...

nanakji, Jun 19, 2016
Thema:

1. No Store neither Edge apps found after Profile Fix - Similar Threads - Store neither Edge

2. Microsoft store will not open and neither will any of the apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store will not open and neither will any of the apps: I have checked the previous guides on here and watched many videos, nothing works.I have updated windows.I have tried to reset the store in apps and it just continues with the loading circle and never resets or repairs. I have tried this: Press Windows key + XClick Windows...
  3. Microsoft store will not open and neither will any of the apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store will not open and neither will any of the apps: I have checked the previous guides on here and watched many videos, nothing works.I have updated windows.I have tried to reset the store in apps and it just continues with the loading circle and never resets or repairs. I have tried this: Press Windows key + XClick Windows...
  4. Windows 10 store not working neither are apps like xbox beta app.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 store not working neither are apps like xbox beta app.: Nothing is working with the store I saw a post about this, but I do not want to reinstall all of my files to fix this, is there any other way to get past this?...
  5. Windows Store Apps stopp working after recreating a profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Store Apps stopp working after recreating a profile: Hello Guys, I have some troubles and I really need your help. In some instances the Foto-App and the Calculator and sometimes all Windows-Store-Apps stop working. After opening them they close immodestly or in the case of the Foto-App, when I open a picture I get the Error...
  6. Edge Chromium Profiles - Start Edge with same/default Profile

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium Profiles - Start Edge with same/default Profile: I'm on Edge Version 79.0.309.71 (Official build) (64-bit). I am using the Edge profiles feature to enable connectivity, bookmarks, cached credentials, etc., in order to connect to different environments for different customers of mine. I have a default profile 'Default' for...
  7. Can neither update Windows nor download Store apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can neither update Windows nor download Store apps: Hi everyone, A few days ago, I tried to download an app form the Microsoft store for my Surface Go, but an error message appeared. I then tried downloading another apps, with the same result. I searched in the Internet, and tried several solutions (logging out and then in,...
  8. Neither Windows Store nor Edge Recognizing Internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Neither Windows Store nor Edge Recognizing Internet connection: I continuously get Code: 0x80072EFD in Microsoft Store, but Microsoft Edge as well as Cortana. It will open my settings menu, which again says that my wifi isn't connected to any network, much less the internet. (which, it is otherwise I sure the hell couldn't be posting...
  9. Edge wont launch settings neither

in Browsers and Email
    Edge wont launch settings neither: My edge browser kept crashing so I did a system restore. This said it hadn't completed so did it in safe mode and that worked. Now edge wont even launch. Also cant open windows setting which most solutions I have found require as a start point. 107135
  10. Unable to open Edge after profile migration

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to open Edge after profile migration: Hi All, Looking for a little help with the MS Edge following a profile migration... The browser flashes the blue screen with the Egde logo and the terminates (no processes for Edge in task manager). I obviously installed Windows 10 and then I migrated the profile by...