Windows 10: No Streaming Sound in IE 11on SP4 for Some Sites -- Edge Works Fine

Discus and support No Streaming Sound in IE 11on SP4 for Some Sites -- Edge Works Fine in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; On my Surface Pro 4, when using IE 11 some web site streaming (e.g. CNN Go, MSNBC Live, etc.) have no audio (video is fine), while other audio is fine... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by PJLLB, Jul 20, 2016.

1. PJLLB Win User

No Streaming Sound in IE 11on SP4 for Some Sites -- Edge Works Fine

On my Surface Pro 4, when using IE 11 some web site streaming (e.g. CNN Go, MSNBC Live, etc.) have no audio (video is fine), while other audio is fine (e.g. YouTube). The same sites stream fine on the SP4 in Edge, and stream fine on my desktop using both IE 11 and Edge. It appears that HTML5 sites are fine but Flash sites are not. I've looked at all of the places I could think of (Flash and audio settings, etc.) but cannot seem to find what's causing no audio of some streams in IE on the SP4.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

:)

PJLLB, Jul 20, 2016

2. Sound & Streaming Issues

I have upgraded from W7 to W10. I have 2 issues.

I now have no sound at all. I have a Creative SB x-fi sound card. I have updated the driver but this has not solved the issue. Windows states the driver is up to date and working properly. What do I try next?

Using IE or Edge browser YouTube (or any streaming videos) now fail (unable to play video message). Using Chrome browser streaming works fine. Checked IE & Edge versions and all up to date. Local Videos using VLC play ok (no sound of course)

Checked Microsoft support and tried various suggested fixes.....none worked.

Can anyone advise what I should try next?

johnlmcfall, Jul 20, 2016
  3. MrChee Win User
    Issues while playing flash videos with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

1. Yes, this issue is referring to video delivered over edge and ie 11 using flash flayer. However, YouTube video were fine.

2. Offine videos are fine.

3. Yes all videos from the same site played in edge and ie using flash flayer

4. I do not know of any other website that are using flash player to test out.

5. Other browser works fine.

In addition:

For cross browser, video appear blurrish(like censored effect) before it turn clear each time scroll the timeline. I tried recovery, and reinstall windows 10, same issue.

I also encounter these issue with SP4:

1. Transferring files with surface dock or direct connection, after a while of transferring files, it seems like the surface desktop screen will refresh, all folder and current transfer are interrupted and close. I think this could be SP4 does not have the
    power for 4tb Seagate portable hard-disk.

2. SP4 on battery, brightness 0%, screen flicker?

3. A pop up stating Driver stopped responding and has recovered. When surfing net halfway, suddenly many colourful lines half top and white screen half bottom, and hang there.

Are these issue normal or should I get a replacement?

Thank you.

MrChee, Jul 20, 2016
  4. PJLLB Win User

Update: I have discovered that sound works fine when using a headphone but not the speakers. I believe this issue was introduced with the July SP4 firmware/driver update.

PJLLB, Jul 22, 2016
  5. PJLLB Win User
    Update 2: I built a test user account on the SP4 and IE 11/Flash audio works fine, so it seems something's going on in the original user profile with some Flash setting. I've reset IE 11 and Flash settings in that profile, but the behavior persists.

So a more specific question: Does anyone know where IE 11/Flash settings are maintained on a user-by-user basis?

PJLLB, Jul 25, 2016
  6. PJLLB Win User
    I wanted to comment that I've marked this thread resolved. The update to Windows 10 Anniversary version resolved the issue.

PJLLB, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No Streaming Sound in IE 11on SP4 for Some Sites -- Edge Works Fine - Similar Threads - Streaming Sound 11on

2. PC - No sound after starting Video, Stream or Game, after a Freeze it works fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC - No sound after starting Video, Stream or Game, after a Freeze it works fine: Hello! So i got this PC over 4 years now and i never had any problems.I have this problem now a few days, and it came out of nowhere. I didn't install or Update anything.MY PC:GTX1050 2GBi3 81008GB RAMWINDOWS 10 HOMEI don't know my MotherboardHere i write all the problems i'm...
  3. Automatic redirect of unsupported sites in IE to Edge in 20H2

in Browsers and Email
    Automatic redirect of unsupported sites in IE to Edge in 20H2: In 20H2 if you try to open a website in Internet Explorer that says it doesn't support IE then IE will automatically open the site in Chromium Edge and close. One such site is Internet Archive: Digital Library of Free & Borrowable Books, Movies, Music & Wayback Machine This...
  4. edge and ie can't access https sites, but Chrome can

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    edge and ie can't access https sites, but Chrome can: Running Windows 10 Pro in Windows Insider Slow Ring - but is stuck on 2004 OS Build 19041.208. Edge on Chrome complained that it needed an upgrade an suggested reinstall. The Edge Beta site only said I was on Edge on Chrome so use Windows Update. Windows Update give the...
  5. Cannot stream video or audio content from web sites in Edge or IE in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot stream video or audio content from web sites in Edge or IE in Windows 10.: I cannot stream any content from web sites in Edge or IE in Windows 10. Any thoughts on what is wrong? I have other Win10 systems on my network that work fine, so I know that it is not a network issue, but something specific to this one system. Thanks for any help that can...
  6. Video Streaming is not working on some sites since the update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Streaming is not working on some sites since the update.: I've used sonycrackle and tubitv a long time and never had issues with either but now the videos won't play since my PC updated. I'm guessing it's blocking some ads on their sites. Can this be corrected so I can watch videos once again? ***Moved from: Microsoft Education...
  7. IE not edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE not edge: how do I get internet explorer so I don't need to use edge. every time I get it it goes disappears I am new to windows10 don 't know where anything is very frustraiting 117429
  8. IE not edge

in Windows 10 Support
    IE not edge: how do I get internet explorer so I don't need to use edge. every time I get it it goes disappears I am new to windows10 don 't know where anything is very frustraiting 117429
  9. Edge and IE Not Loading Google and Other Sites Normally

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and IE Not Loading Google and Other Sites Normally: I am having a terrible time trying to get google.com and my gmail hosted web-mail to load at a normal speed or to even load at all. I have tried both Edge and IE. I am trying to stick with these two to take full advantage of the new features in Edge. I am also having delayed...
  10. IE or Edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE or Edge: which is better to use Edge or IE sorry i'm a bit confused are they the same but different or are they just different why did MS keep both 20303