Windows 10: No success installing a driver

Discus and support No success installing a driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to install a driver for the Behringer x32 X-USB card on my Windows 10 desktop computer. When I right click the installer file and Run As... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alleyoop, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Alleyoop Win User

No success installing a driver

I'm trying to install a driver for the Behringer x32 X-USB card on my Windows 10 desktop computer. When I right click the installer file and Run As Administrator I see momentarily that it says Extracting to about 80% and then nothing further happens, the installer doesn't open.
    The file isn't corrupted as I can open the same file on another Windows 10 computer and the Installer opens normally. I haven't proceeded with the install as I don't need the driver on that computer.
    I have disabled the Firewall. What other obstacles would be preventing me from opening this installer?
    Thanks anyone.

:)

Alleyoop, Sep 6, 2016
  2. Philippe LL., Sep 6, 2016
  3. Driver software device was not successful installed?

My Samsung Galaxy S II has troubleshoot issues that can't be fixed.

So if anyone has issues in the past with their phone please feel free to let me know No success installing a driver :)

Truongster, Sep 6, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Did you contact Behringer about this? What version of Windows 10 are you using (Anniversary or Insider)?

bro67, Sep 6, 2016
  5. Alleyoop Win User
    Thanks, yes I've contacted Behringer, no solution yet.
    Gee, I don't know which of those. How do I check?

Alleyoop, Sep 6, 2016
  6. Tom886 Win User
    Right click on Start -> Run -> type winver
    If it shows Version 1511 its the one from November, if it shows Version 1607 it's the anniversary update

Cheers
    Tom

Tom886, Sep 6, 2016
  7. Alleyoop Win User
    Thanks Tom, they're both 1511.
    The one I'm trying to install on is a new version of Windows, the other is an upgrade from W7.

Alleyoop, Sep 6, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

Check the forums for Behringer to see if anyone else is having the same issue with Windows 10. There are a lot of hardware that still does not work with 10 unless you can install the drivers as backwards compatible. If it worked with 7, you may have to stay with 7 until Behringer can write a driver that works with Windows 10.

bro67, Sep 6, 2016
  9. Alleyoop Win User
    No, at first I thought it was probably a Windows 10 issue, but other W10 users aren't having a problem. Also, Ive been able to successfully open the installer on a second W10 machine, but unfortunately not on the computer on which I need the driver.
    I've not had it working on W7, it's a new mixer.

Alleyoop, Sep 7, 2016
  10. bro67 Win User
    Try and see if it will work with 7. If you are running any kind of third party security software on the computer, make sure that it is not causing it to freeze during the install, along with any background processes interrupting it.

Go in and make sure that updates are not set in Windows 10 to look at other machines on the network that it is set to notify you before restart, and that anything dealing with sending info off to Microsoft and background processes are all disabled.

If you have an extra drive, I would pop out the current one and pop in the new one and install 7 then see if you can get it to work. Last is do not hook up the mixer until the install is done, if that could be where it is stalling.

bro67, Sep 7, 2016
  11. TrustMe Win User
    TrustMe, Sep 7, 2016
  12. Alleyoop Win User
    Thanks. I don't want to go back to W7, I know the installer opens on my second W10 machine and so I expect the installer is conflicting with something on my first computer. The computer I want to install on is exclusively for my performances, has hardly any programs on it, no email, accesses the internet only when I need to update a program, next to never.
    However that does remind me, I haven't tried installing while connected to the internet, and also I did turn off some processes early on that I didn't think were necessary. As you say, I didn't want it trying to contact Microsoft at random times etc. , it's possible I disabled something that could be useful to this install. It's not here at the moment, is at a venue.
    Is there some scaled down environment I can use in W10, similar to Safe Mode, in which I may be able to install the driver?

Edit. Ha ha, how timely, only saw your post after I'd posted TrustMe.

Alleyoop, Sep 7, 2016
  13. bro67 Win User

You do not have any choice if it is not installing in Windows 10. There is a lot of hardware and software that does not work with Windows 10.

bro67, Sep 8, 2016
  14. spunk Win User
    First, Enable any services or Processes you disabled. Next, run the installer in Compatibility Mode, as previously explained.
    When it Extracts, does it give a location? (ie) C:\Drivers or some such? If so, go to the folder and open it and see if there is an .exe file in it, then run that one in Compatibility Mode and Run As Administrator.
    If not, it extracted to the Temp folder, copy it from there and paste it on your Desktop or wherever and try running the .exe as explained above.

spunk, Sep 8, 2016
  15. Alleyoop Win User
    Thanks for that.
    I reverted to an early Macrium image of my OS drive, before I disabled any services, just to see if the installer would open. It didn't. I ran in compatibility mode as described in the video. I re-downloaded the file. This image was created when the computer was almost new.
    I also confirmed that the installer opens on my second Windows 10 machine. The installer opens in Windows 10. I did not need to run in compatibility mode.
    The installer runs on one Windows 10 computer, but not the one I need it on.
    Mystified and frustrated.

Alleyoop, Sep 8, 2016
Thema:

1. No success installing a driver - Similar Threads - success installing driver

2. All drivers have successfully installed but the Realtek Media driver is on the windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All drivers have successfully installed but the Realtek Media driver is on the windows...: HI today when I went to windows update today their were two driver updates realteak Semiconuctor Corp -Extension - 6.0.9499.1 this driver is all ready installed successfully in drivers in update history. Install Error - 0x80070103 When I pushed the retry button it just says...
  3. All drivers have successfully installed but the Realtek Media driver is on the windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All drivers have successfully installed but the Realtek Media driver is on the windows...: HI today when I went to windows update today their were two driver updates realteak Semiconuctor Corp -Extension - 6.0.9499.1 this driver is all ready installed successfully in drivers in update history. Install Error - 0x80070103 When I pushed the retry button it just says...
  4. "0x0ec02d4c.exe" was not installed successfully

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "0x0ec02d4c.exe" was not installed successfully: hi, this is an issue related to a game i am installing through EA Origin, and i am getting support there but they have yet to actually figure out a solution and its obvious they dont know. so i wanted to post here since they kept saying this was related to a microsoft...
  5. iTunes not successfully installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iTunes not successfully installed: i was installing itunes on my windows 10 but it suddenly goes to rolling back action. It freeze,i shut down the pc then open it and run the windows it still works. I disconnect the internet then i check the program files. itunes is there but i know it’s not successful the...
  6. iTunes not successfully installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    iTunes not successfully installed: i was installing itunes on my windows 10 but it suddenly goes to rolling back action. It freeze,i shut down the pc then open it and run the windows it still works. I disconnect the internet then i check the program files. itunes is there but i know it’s not successful the...
  7. No Network Drivers on Windows 10 after successful installation using bootcamp

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Network Drivers on Windows 10 after successful installation using bootcamp: I had recently installed Windows 10 on my Mac using bootcamp. Everything looked just as I expected it to look like but I couldn't connect to the internet. After looking into the networks in the settings and running troubleshooting, I found out that the network drivers for my...
  8. Xbox 360 wireless receiver - Driver successfully installed, I go to device, No driver...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox 360 wireless receiver - Driver successfully installed, I go to device, No driver...: So I have an Xbox 360 receiver I have been using for years. I haven't used it in a while, but I decided I wanted to use it again. I connected the device, it showed up as unknown device, from here I followed the normal steps of installing the driver from device manager....
  9. Double successful instalation of KB4100403

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Double successful instalation of KB4100403: Above mentioned update was done on 24/05/18. Today again it was successfully installed. See update1.png and update2.png attached. [img] [img] Why this happens? 112050
  10. Printer driver installs multiple times successfully

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Printer driver installs multiple times successfully: When I turn on my backup machine (Win 10 home, 1607 14393.1480) it installs a printer driver multiple times successfully. How can I mark this so it doesn't continually update? [img] 89258