Windows 10: No system notification sound

Discus and support No system notification sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every system notification sound doesn't play at all, but when I click TEST for an item in sound setting, it can play the sound. [img] 73216 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ztartennery, Dec 23, 2016.

1. No system notification sound

Every system notification sound doesn't play at all, but when I click TEST for an item in sound setting, it can play the sound.

No system notification sound [​IMG]

:)

ztartennery, Dec 23, 2016

2. three descending notes

Jon, they may be System Notifications from Action Center. You can also change the System Notification sound to another or None in the same Sound settings referenced earlier.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Dec 23, 2016
  3. tuzem_2 Win User
    How do I change default system notification sound?

We are not asking how to change a sound notification for a specific app, but how to change the DEFAULT sound notification for system alerts.

tuzem_2, Dec 23, 2016
  4. pepanee Win User

No system notification sound

Click the arrow on Windows Default and select No Sounds. Press the Apply button. Then click that same arrow again, and re-select Windows Default. Press the Apply button again. Test the sounds.

pepanee, Dec 23, 2016
  5. Just to be sure. Click on the speaker in your systray. The speaker window opens. Click on mixer. The window will subdivide into different components. See if system sounds are muted.

Caledon Ken, Dec 23, 2016
  6. When I move the lever of Speakers(marked as red arrow), a default "ding" sound is played as normal, but when I move the levers on the right of the Speakers lever, no sound is played.

No system notification sound [​IMG]

7. Looks like you have lots of applications under volume mixer. I wonder if one is interfering. If you do a clean boot and isolate these apps it might be interesting to see if system sounds are restored. There is a tutorial created by Brink found here if you are interested.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...conflicts.html

Caledon Ken, Dec 23, 2016
  8. No system notification sound

I have followed the instructions in your link to disable all services (except Microsoft services) and all startup items, but the problem persist.

9. pepanee Win User
    Try to reinstall the audio driver.

1) Search for, and open, Device Manager
    2) Press the arrow to the left of: Sound, video and game controllers
    3) Right click on ASUS Xonar Essence... > Uninstall
    4) After completion, at the top press Action > Scan for hardware changes
    5) It should be detected again, and it should install itself
    6) Did it work?

pepanee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No system notification sound

1. No system notification sound - Similar Threads - system notification sound

2. Sound Notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Notifications: Hello. Recently I have notice that I no longer get sound notifications on my laptop. For instance, when I get new messages from desktop messenger or desktop whatsapp it no longer makes a sound, only the dot notification. I did turn banner notification cause I did not want...
  3. Sound Notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Notifications: Hello. Recently I have notice that I no longer get sound notifications on my laptop. For instance, when I get new messages from desktop messenger or desktop whatsapp it no longer makes a sound, only the dot notification. I did turn banner notification cause I did not want...
  4. Which system sound controls the timer notification sound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which system sound controls the timer notification sound.: If I set a timer in the clock app Windows 11, when the timer ends it plays a sound, how do I change this sound? If I search for this online I find people and articles pointing me to changing the system sounds but cannot find anyone saying exactly which system sound to change,...
  5. Which system sound controls the timer notification sound.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which system sound controls the timer notification sound.: If I set a timer in the clock app Windows 11, when the timer ends it plays a sound, how do I change this sound? If I search for this online I find people and articles pointing me to changing the system sounds but cannot find anyone saying exactly which system sound to change,...
  6. No Notification Sounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Notification Sounds: Sound works fine on my laptop running the latest Windows 10, I can play music and watch videos, but I don't get notification sounds. I have tried every solution I could find in the forums but nothing seems to work. Notifications are turned on, apps have microphone access and...
  7. no notification sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no notification sound: [ATTACH] i tried to troubleshoot sounds but it showed like this pls help me quickly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/no-notification-sound/9e933157-0d99-443b-b1f1-4b192714d233
  8. NO NOTIFICATION SOUND

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NO NOTIFICATION SOUND: AS I BOUGHT HP LAPTOP 7 MONTHS AGO IT CAME WITH WINDOWS 10 INSTALLED.AT THE INITIAL STAGE OF USING IT THE NOTIFICATION SOUNDS SUCH AS EMAIL, EXTERNAL DEVICE INSERT SOUNDS EVERYTHING WAS GOING GOOD BUT NOW NO NOTIFICATION SOUND IS COMING FROM MY LAPTOP. BUT MY SPEAKER...
  9. Cannot disable system notification sounds...

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot disable system notification sounds...: Hi everyone, I'm having annoying problem, since I hate system sounds, I have them always disabled... Last times however (after some "fantastic" auto-update propably) windows changes my "no sound" scheme to "default windows sounds" every reboot. Any ideas?? 44511
  10. system notification sounds overly loud

in Windows 10 Support
    system notification sounds overly loud: hey guys ive noticed the notification sounds are way too loud. if i go into system sounds and hit the little green 'test' button it plays nicely at a normal level. but when the actual notification comes in i get this boosted version of the same sound that is extremely...