Windows 10: No taskbar properties in the context menu of the taskbar

Discus and support No taskbar properties in the context menu of the taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, Yesterday I installed Windows 10 Pro and after sometime I noticed that when I right-click on the taskbar I don't have "Properties" option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sacredboy, Aug 30, 2016.

1. sacredboy Win User

No taskbar properties in the context menu of the taskbar

Hi guys,

Yesterday I installed Windows 10 Pro and after sometime I noticed that when I right-click on the taskbar I don't have "Properties" option which normally should be.

Could you please help me to sort it out.

Thank you.

:)

sacredboy, Aug 30, 2016

2. Open File location option removed in win 10

On the taskbar right click on Word icon, then right click on the Microsoft Word entry (2nd from the bottom) and select Properties from the context menu. On the shortcut tab you will find the Open File Location button.

Alan Russell, Aug 30, 2016
  3. xzg2j Win User
    My right click context menu not working!

I got windows 10.

My right click context menu not working! When I right click my taskbar icons. it doesn't show anything in the menu, only a box. it doesn't show properties cut or paste or anything like that. thanks!

xzg2j, Aug 30, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

You appear to be running the Anniversary Update (1607). A number of old 'control panel' style windows (such as the one for taskbar Properties) have now been move into the Settings app. Click 'Settings' and you'll be taken to the new location for all the taskbar properties settings.

5. sacredboy Win User
    Doesn't look like Anniversary version. How do I check it?

sacredboy, Aug 30, 2016
  6. lmaneke Win User
    Go to cortana, and type winver

That will tell you your Windows Edition and version.

lmaneke, Aug 30, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello sacredboy, *Smile

If you click on "Settings", it will open to the taskbar settings page now only located in Settings.

Brink, Aug 30, 2016
  8. sacredboy Win User

If version 1607 means Anniversary the I have this one installed on my laptop.

sacredboy, Sep 2, 2016
  9. sacredboy Win User
    Hello Brink, *Smile

Yes, I see Taskbar settings when I righ-click on taskbar first and then click on Settings. However, it seems that some taskbar settings are missing or at least I can't find how to make icons on taskbar smaller then they are by default.

sacredboy, Sep 2, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 2, 2016
  11. sacredboy Win User
    Hi Brink,

I so ashamed I didn't notice "Use small taskbar buttons" option before.

Thank you for the link. *Wink

sacredboy, Sep 10, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Don't be ashamed. We're still all learning Windows 10 and all the constant changes. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No taskbar properties in the context menu of the taskbar - Similar Threads - taskbar properties context

2. Windows Taskbar Context Menu Missing Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Taskbar Context Menu Missing Options: I have a home PC on Windows 10.0.19042 Build 19042 with the following context menu options.My work PC is on Windows 10.0.19043 Build 19043 almost identical with the following context menu options.I'm trying to install something that depends on having the Toolbars option which...
  3. Windows Taskbar Context Menu Missing Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Taskbar Context Menu Missing Options: I have a home PC on Windows 10.0.19042 Build 19042 with the following context menu options.My work PC is on Windows 10.0.19043 Build 19043 almost identical with the following context menu options.I'm trying to install something that depends on having the Toolbars option which...
  4. Windows Taskbar Context Menu Missing Options

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Long empty context menu in taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Long empty context menu in taskbar icons: Is this a bug? Is there any way that I can avoid it? I'm running the latest version of Windows 10. 181625
  6. Anomalous context menu in all taskbar shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Anomalous context menu in all taskbar shortcuts: The context menu contains only - unpin - close (if referenced program is running). Formerly the menu contained also the name, whose submenu contained - properties - run as admin. 171532
  7. Context menu on taskbar icon

Context menu on taskbar icon: I have issue with taskbar icons. When I right click on icon, context menu does not appear. For example, right click on edge should show close window, new window, incognito new window. Does anyone know how to solve this?...
  8. Taskbar properties

Taskbar properties: How do I delete the wording beside a taskbar icon? I know it has something to do with taskbar settings, but I cannot remember which setting. Thank you for any help you may offer....
  9. Taskbar Jump list and Context menu not working.

Taskbar Jump list and Context menu not working.: This really isn't a question, but seeing as I haven't found a definitive answer and solved it for myself I'll post it. Problem: My bottom taskbar was showing jump list options but I could not run them at all, across multiple programs. It would not launch the program....
  10. Black Context Menu for Taskbar and Old Context Menu for Desktop

Black Context Menu for Taskbar and Old Context Menu for Desktop: Hello. Today I got an update, and I noticed afterwards that the Windows 10 context menu when you right click the desktop went back to the old version and not the Windows 10 version. Also, the context menu for right clicking in the taskbar turned black in the background. Not...