Windows 10: no tasks in my GWX taskscheduler folder

Discus and support no tasks in my GWX taskscheduler folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have no tasks in my GWX taskscheduler folder..any suggestions on how to get the icon to show up? thanks! 6906 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wase4711, Jun 8, 2015.

1. wase4711 Win User

no tasks in my GWX taskscheduler folder

I have no tasks in my GWX taskscheduler folder..any suggestions on how to get the icon to show up?
    thanks!

:)

wase4711, Jun 8, 2015

2. Windows 10 notification in notification area won't stay hidden

In task scheduler it is under the microsoft category, then the windows category then the setup category. GWX and GWX triggers folders, all tasks in these folder do it. Note: in the GWX folder is a task named refreshgwxconfig with multiple triggers, this
    task MUST be deleted/disabled first as one of its triggers is ANY modification to any scheduled task.

AndrewNameAlreadyTaken, Jun 8, 2015
  3. KJS4 Win User
    Windows 10 notification in notification area won't stay hidden

Thanks. I'm saving these details.

KJS4, Jun 8, 2015
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Hi! And welcome to the forum. Can you post a screenshot of the first display you see when you start Task Scheduler"? Thanks.

And P.S. - Update your system specs with as much detail as possible. It helps anyone trying to help you.

f14tomcat, Jun 8, 2015
  5. wase4711 Win User
    ok, screen shot attached..thanks for responding*chuckle

no tasks in my GWX taskscheduler folder [​IMG]

wase4711, Jun 8, 2015
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    It appears you are missing some of the code from the KB update. It should look like below. If you click on "gwx", you should see the job entries. You're missing the "GWXTriggers" entry. The one in caps on my screenshot. You may have to uninstall the KB update, reboot, reinstall the update, reboot to see it correctly.

See the tutorial here for the KB number and lots of info about enabling and disabling the icon.

Get Windows 10 Icon - Remove from Taskbar in Windows 7 and 8.1 - Windows 10 Forums

Please let me know how it goes. Thanks.

f14tomcat, Jun 8, 2015
  7. wase4711 Win User
    I thought I was losing it there for a minute!

I just uninstalled KB 3035583, and rebooted, and now I am trying to see if Windows update will automatically find and re-install that..

OK, it found that and a few others I needed, even though I only uninstalled that one, so I will post back once they are done and I reboot

thanks man!*Cool

wase4711, Jun 8, 2015
  8. wase4711 Win User

no go, my gwx directory is still empty..

its no big deal, as I am in the insider program, already downloaded and burnt to disk 10074, just haven't decided if I want to jeopardize my only personal pc at home with it yet.

I wanted to see if I could get that icon to show up, but there are some errors i get when I open the task scheduler, so that update process didnt fix them.

I've read many varying opinions as to whether "10" is stable enough yet to use as your daily, but I guess the only way to find out if it is for my setup is to take the plunge!

thanks again for your suggestions!

wase4711, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. no tasks in my GWX taskscheduler folder - Similar Threads - tasks GWX taskscheduler

2. Task Scheduler: c:\Windows\System32\Tasks\ there is no here my folder with my task

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Scheduler: c:\Windows\System32\Tasks\ there is no here my folder with my task: Hi, I have a question for you. I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance I created a folder in the Task Scheduler under the Task Scheduler Library. The name of this folder is "HUN". And I created a task in this folder too.The task is running well. The name of the task is...
  3. Something wrong with TaskScheduler and Authorities

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something wrong with TaskScheduler and Authorities: When I first setup Win10 I didn't realize that the email I was being asked for was going to be the logon for the machine. So shortly after I realized what had happened I changed it from email to a local account (this is no AD) just a home network. I didn't have any...
  4. Admin PW problems using TaskScheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Admin PW problems using TaskScheduler: (Windows 10 Home) Just did a fresh install on my mothers PC using a SSD and secondary HDD for data. I wanted to setup a routine to SHUT DOWN the computer if the PC is idle for more than an hour. I do not want Sleep or Hibernate. I was following a tutorial to do pretty...
  5. Using SFC and GWX/GWX Control Panel on Win7 PC Heads Up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Using SFC and GWX/GWX Control Panel on Win7 PC Heads Up: I have a Dell XPS 8700 that I previously upgraded to Win10 and then rolled back to Win7 for game compatibility. After the restoration of Win7, I disabled GWX. Yesterday I ran GWX Control Panel to insure that I had killed any Win10 pending upgrade. Out of curiosity I ran SFC...
  6. No GWX notification icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No GWX notification icon in taskbar: Sir, I cannot see the GWX notification icon. I have a genuine copy of windows 7 running in my laptop and installed all the latest updates including KB3035583. It's been more than a week, still there is no sign of GWX icon. Please guide me as to what should I do? 6884
  7. No GWX by choice, should I install it?

No GWX by choice, should I install it?: On my Windows 8.1 laptop I have avoided all the GWX updates pushed over the last year. I have hidden the KBs as they were offered and reoffered. I have no GWX icon or any other prompt to get Windows 10. Now is the time for me to install Win 10 on this laptop. I think the...
  8. Where GWX Files Are Stored

Where GWX Files Are Stored: For anyone interested where all the GWX files(with types) & folders are, I've made a screenshot after using UltraSearch on my Windows 8.1 PC. To see it better just click the image a second time to make it even larger. For even more info just use process explorer. Attachment...
  9. Custom Task in TaskScheduler causes Windows not to boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom Task in TaskScheduler causes Windows not to boot: Hello, I am running into strange issues with my Windows 10 work desktop. 2 weeks ago I was using the desktop and all of a sudden a custom task I created over a year ago started running (its scheduled to run at 9:00 PM, this was about 2:30 PM in the afternoon, the task is...
  10. New files added in GWX directory

in Windows 10 Support
    New files added in GWX directory: [img] I just noticed some change in the Get Windows 10 app.. 8920