Windows 10: No thumbnails in start menu on start-up

Discus and support No thumbnails in start menu on start-up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since the April update (the latest one didn’t brick my PC, for a change), most of the thumbnails in my Start menu have vanished when the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jack Yan, Jack Yan &, Aug 14, 2018.

1. No thumbnails in start menu on start-up

Since the April update (the latest one didn’t brick my PC, for a change), most of the thumbnails in my Start menu have vanished when the computer starts up.

I know how to reset thumbnails, and that is the solution, but what is the reason for Windows not loading thumbnails on start-up?

No thumbnails in start menu on start-up 41d0b262-4e25-47e1-a3fb-824408f4e1ce?upload=true.png

:)

Jack Yan, Jack Yan &, Aug 14, 2018

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Aug 14, 2018
  4. No thumbnails in start menu on start-up

Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

No thumbnails in start menu on start-up

1. No thumbnails in start menu on start-up - Similar Threads - thumbnails start menu

2. Start up menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start up menu: For some reason my start button in the bottom left corner is not working, hasn't worked for awhile now. What am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-menu/5bc69178-25dc-4106-be97-cdd9df310fa0
  3. Start up menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start up menu: For some reason my start button in the bottom left corner is not working, hasn't worked for awhile now. What am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-menu/5bc69178-25dc-4106-be97-cdd9df310fa0
  4. Start menu and taskbar not working on start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and taskbar not working on start-up: Hi there,I have a problem with my pc.When i start up windows 10, i can log-in and i get to my desktop, but my start menu and taskbar still need to load in for 5-10 mins. Ive tried resetting the pc, getting a new one and using windows 11 bypass TPM 2.0 and secure boot on...
  5. Start menu and taskbar not working on start-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and taskbar not working on start-up: Hi there,I have a problem with my pc.When i start up windows 10, i can log-in and i get to my desktop, but my start menu and taskbar still need to load in for 5-10 mins. Ive tried resetting the pc, getting a new one and using windows 11 bypass TPM 2.0 and secure boot on...
  6. Start menu and taskbar not working on start-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 Start-Menu Thumbnails are Gone.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start-Menu Thumbnails are Gone.: Hi I have windows 10 home on my laptop, and most apps in the start menu have icons that look like pages. [ATTACH] I have tried running the windows 10 start menu troubleshooter, but I have gotten these errors and they weren't fixed. [ATTACH][ATTACH] Can someone please help...
  8. Start menu thumbnails - useless

Start menu thumbnails - useless: As I recall, when I floated the mouse pointer over a task bar icon in Windows 7 it displayed a fairly complete version of the names of the files the application was editing. In Windows 10 it displays a a thumbnail of the application's window below a truncated filename....
  9. clean up start menu

clean up start menu: My start menu is filled with links to applications I never use, like Map, Camera, Mixed Reality Portal, etc. I've looked in the file structure %appdata%/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu but I can't find any actual shortcuts for these apps. Are there a way to clean up the start...
  10. Start menu not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu not showing up: Neither this or searching menu don't show up help submitted by /u/Kamiks0320 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0o9xv/start_menu_not_showing_up/