Windows 10: No Usb devices detected on first boot

Discus and support No Usb devices detected on first boot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I first power up my system. Windows boot up fine (actually better than fine, it boots too quickly, just within some seconds) but do not detect any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by talibsyed, Sep 20, 2015.

1. talibsyed Win User

No Usb devices detected on first boot

When I first power up my system. Windows boot up fine (actually better than fine, it boots too quickly, just within some seconds) but do not detect any usb devices connected to the system including keyboard, mouse and bluetooth. Even lights of keyboard and mouse remains off. At that point I do not have a choice other than to restart my computer by simply pressing the restart button. After the second boot, windows loads with normal speed but correctly detects all my usb devices.
    I have to restart every time, I turn the outlet power on.
    I am using Windows 10 pro retail with latest updates.

:)

talibsyed, Sep 20, 2015

2. USB devices not detected at first boot.

I'm having a strange problem with Windows 10. When I turn on the computer, my USB devices (A standard mouse, a Wacom tablet and a Philips webcam) are not detected by Windows. It is not the typical "USB device is not recognized" error message. There is no
    error message at all, just they do not work, as if they were not connected or there were no USB ports. My mouse has an ambient light inside and it is off and also the red light underside that detects the movement so it seems the computer doesn't feed any energy
    to it. The Wacom tablet also has a led light and it is also off.

During the BIOS boot, the lights of the devices are on, but at some point while the Windows logo is on the screen, they just turn off. Plugging and unplugging the devices does not solve the problem and no sound or message is displayed when I do this.

Only solution is to restart the PC (using the PS/2 keyboard) and then everything works again... until the next cold boot.

This started to happen when I upgraded to Windows 10 (I didn't upgraded from Windows 7, I reinstalled it from scratch using a Windows 10 DVD and my Windows 7 key). Before this, everything was working ok.

This issue also was happening one year ago when I was still on Windows 7 but I don't remember how (or who) got it fixed that time.

Juan Carlos Walls, Sep 20, 2015
  3. USB devices not detected at first boot.

I met the same problem so, thanks to your detailed answer that I fixed the error, thank you!

InstaBuilder

DannyTrinh, Sep 20, 2015
Thema:

No Usb devices detected on first boot

1. No Usb devices detected on first boot - Similar Threads - Usb devices detected

2. Windows 10 won't boot, first error: "No bootable deviced detected"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't boot, first error: "No bootable deviced detected": HiI hope someone can help me.It's a 9 year old desktop, built by me. If more info is needed, ask.Today when I started my desktop I got the error: "No bootable device detected" from BIOS Gigabyte 970A-DS3P motherboard. I just remembered, it wouldn't boot a couple of days ago,...
  3. Windows 10 won't boot, first error: "No bootable deviced detected"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 won't boot, first error: "No bootable deviced detected": HiI hope someone can help me.It's a 9 year old desktop, built by me. If more info is needed, ask.Today when I started my desktop I got the error: "No bootable device detected" from BIOS Gigabyte 970A-DS3P motherboard. I just remembered, it wouldn't boot a couple of days ago,...
  4. Windows 10 won't boot, first error: "No bootable deviced detected"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Freezes and USB disconnecting on first boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezes and USB disconnecting on first boot: As the title states, every time i start my pc for the first time of the day or after it being off for a while, it freezes randomly for 1-5 seconds and disconnects and reconnects alll my usb devices mouse, keyboard, etc.... Once i restart my pc it doesn't happen anymore.The...
  6. Freezes and USB disconnecting on first boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freezes and USB disconnecting on first boot: As the title states, every time i start my pc for the first time of the day or after it being off for a while, it freezes randomly for 1-5 seconds and disconnects and reconnects alll my usb devices mouse, keyboard, etc.... Once i restart my pc it doesn't happen anymore.The...
  7. Freezes and USB disconnecting on first boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. USB device not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB device not detected: I'm trying to use a logitech c920 webcam. Each time i plug it into a USB port, it either says "device not detected" or it will work for maybe 10 seconds and then shut off. I have Logitech G HUB installed. Anyone know how to fix this problem?...
  9. Network adaptor not detected on first boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adaptor not detected on first boot: Everytime I start the computer first time after it is shutdown the network adaptor is not detected. After a restart, the network adaptor gets detected automatically and everything works fine. This problem occurs only on the first boot....
  10. No boot device found; PC not detecting bootable USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No boot device found; PC not detecting bootable USB: Hi, On March 7, 2020 I was attempting to reset my HP Flyer Red laptop, and a message appeared that said there was an issue resetting the PC. I then tried to go into the Windows Recovery and reset my PC from there. Another message appeared and said there was a problem...