Windows 10: No USB in Windows, but mouse keyboard ok in BIOS

Discus and support No USB in Windows, but mouse keyboard ok in BIOS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just started experiencing this problem after a restart this morning. No mouse, no keyboard, and it seems like none of the USB ports are working when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wilson wwsc, Nov 19, 2017.

1. No USB in Windows, but mouse keyboard ok in BIOS

I just started experiencing this problem after a restart this morning. No mouse, no keyboard, and it seems like none of the USB ports are working when the computer is booted to Windows 10 desktop. I read that this might be because I have fast boot enabled and all the drivers are not loading. Mouse and keyboard work fine in BIOS (Asus board). Even in safe mode, I don't have mouse/keyboard in Windows. I don't have the recovery disk and system restores fail. I did create a Windows USB drive using the media creation tool, but that didn't help either.

I have not tried plugging in a PS2 mouse yet because I don't have one. My data is still all on the hard drive, so should I just order an external hard drive adapter, transfer my files, and reformat?

:)

wilson wwsc, Nov 19, 2017
  2. Justin181 Win User
    Justin181, Nov 19, 2017
  3. Specific USB Keyboard works in BIOS; but not in OS.

The device is fully compatible with Windows 10, it simply appears that Windows 10 fails to identify it as the correct type of device.

mistersneak, Nov 19, 2017
  4. No USB in Windows, but mouse keyboard ok in BIOS

Hi and Welcome to TenForums!

Do the mouse or keyboard light up at all when plugged into the system?

Are they wireless or wired devices?

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 20, 2017
  5. spunk Win User
    Boot into Setup (Bios) Under the Security tab, if Secure Boot or Fast Boot is enabled, Disable it or Change it to Setup Mode, then go to Integrated Peripherals look for Legacy Boot or Keyboard. If it is disabled, using your Enter and Arrow Key, Enable it. Save and Exit.
    If that fails, in the Bios go to the Boot tab, with the USB Flash Drive in, Move USB Device to First Boot Device, Save and Exit. Boot off of your Windows 10 installer, choose your Language and then Repair Your PC.

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No USB in Windows, but mouse keyboard ok in BIOS

1. No USB in Windows, but mouse keyboard ok in BIOS - Similar Threads - USB mouse keyboard

2. Mouse and Keyboard work in BIOS but not Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and Keyboard work in BIOS but not Windows: I know this question has been asked before on these forums, but I have tried everything in the responses, and nothing has worked. I am at my wits end. Mouse and keyboard both USB work fine up until it comes time to use Windows, then shut off as if the power to the USB is...
  3. Mouse and Keyboard work in BIOS but not Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and Keyboard work in BIOS but not Windows: I know this question has been asked before on these forums, but I have tried everything in the responses, and nothing has worked. I am at my wits end. Mouse and keyboard both USB work fine up until it comes time to use Windows, then shut off as if the power to the USB is...
  4. Mouse and Keyboard work in BIOS but not Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard or Mouse works in BIOS but NOT in Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard or Mouse works in BIOS but NOT in Windows: [IMG]When a keyboard or mouse works in BIOS but not in Windows, it creates problems and makes the computer difficult to use. Such a thing happens to some users. They can use their keyboard or mouse in BIOS, but when they exit BIOS, their keyboard or mouse becomes dead. If you...
  6. My USB keyboard and mouse is not working but only works in bio

My USB keyboard and mouse is not working but only works in bio: Hi my mouse and keyboard are not working but do work in the bio And i restarted when I once and it didnt work. so when I go on into system restore it says administrater password but I can’t make a new account because my mouse and keyboard don’t work and it’s kind of new...
  7. No USB keyboard or mouse after Bios

No USB keyboard or mouse after Bios: Just built new computer with Windows 10 and ASUS ROG STRIX B450 motherboard. Every thing was running great for 3 days. Then I decided to load a few more utilities off the motherboard CD and after reboot the keyboard and mouse stopped functioning. The USB ports are live...
  8. [Help] USB mouse and keyboard not working in windows 10 while work in BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] USB mouse and keyboard not working in windows 10 while work in BIOS: After some overclocking and BSOD my USB mouse and keyboard (and any other USB devices) stopped working. I can remotely connect to the PC (windows 10 pro) and in device manager I can see "USB Composite Device" with warning icon. I tried to reinstall USB drivers from...
  9. CONNECT input (Keyboard ok, but no mouse input?)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CONNECT input (Keyboard ok, but no mouse input?): Hi there, I use SmartView on Samsung Galaxy s10e, and use CONNECT on the PC - bizarely, I can use keyboard, but not mouse input! Any idea why/what to do? Thanks, Pete...
  10. usb keyboard mouse works in bios not in windows makes computer not useable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    usb keyboard mouse works in bios not in windows makes computer not useable: it happen on two refurbished computer with windows 10 my guess is software problem not hardware from reading about bad update one has amd3 motherboard 2.8gb22 2corecpu other is dell intel e5200 cpu 775 motherboard amd computer was able to do activation before breakdown plus...