Windows 10: No "Valid Digital Entitlement Or Product Key'

Discus and support No "Valid Digital Entitlement Or Product Key' in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; W7 tower that was upgraded to 10 over a year ago. Got a TM.sys error (Tm.sys - 0xc0000221 Error - Windows 10 Forums) necessitating a reinstall.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by boweasel, Jun 27, 2017.

1. boweasel Win User

No "Valid Digital Entitlement Or Product Key'

W7 tower that was upgraded to 10 over a year ago. Got a TM.sys error (Tm.sys - 0xc0000221 Error - Windows 10 Forums) necessitating a reinstall.

Everything went fine except for my desktop picture that was about 40% bigger than it used to be. I shrunk it down using MS Paint, but when I tried to set it as the new background I got a message about not being able to customize the desktop because Windows had not been activated.

This is my brother-in-law's computer and unfortunately his 6 year old had peeled off the COA sticker from his tower. But I didn't think that would be an issue since it was upgraded to 10 without incident.

These are 2 of the pertinent screens we're getting.

We ran Magic Jelly Bean and tried to activate with the key it found, but were told that it was not valid for this installation.

Any suggestions?

:)

boweasel, Jun 27, 2017

2. Windows 10 Home Activation Error

I tried it. But it's not working. I got the error "activation failed because this device doesn't have a valid digital entitlement or product key".

PoornaTejaKonatham, Jun 27, 2017
  3. Cant activate my windows 10

I can't activate my windows always say activation failed because this device doesn't have valid digital entitlement or product key .error code 0x803F7001 bt i have valid product keys

GodfreyJiri, Jun 27, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Did it have Windows 10 Pro on it before? If yes, then open a command prompt (admin) or powershell (admin) and run:

slmgr /ipk VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T
    slmgr /ato

You do have to be connected to the internet.

NavyLCDR, Jun 27, 2017
  5. boweasel Win User
    Unfortunately, I do not know. My brother-in-law updated to 10, and he has no idea what version of Windows 10 he had. I assume that if he had Windows 7 Pro, the PC would have upgraded to 10 Pro, but without the COA sticker his original version of W7 is a mystery. I lent him a Windows 10 DVD I'd previously downloaded and burnt (from a link on this forum). If I remember correctly, the disk contained both W10 Pro and Home and it prompted you to select the OS before installation. If he installed 10 Pro and his original OS was 7 Home, would that explain the activation issues?
    So, do you think I should just do another install - and make sure it's Home? Additionally, I'm unfamiliar with Windows NOT displaying an activation countdown - 30 days, 29 days, etc. If it had originally been upgraded to W10 Home, what will happen if he does nothing? And when?

boweasel, Jun 27, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Try the commands in my post. If it does not activate, then he probably had Home installed and that is what you will want to re-install. It should activate automatically then with no product key. It violates the End User's License Agreement (EULA) to run Windows 10 without activation. It will keep nagging for activation and some features, such as personalization, will remain disabled.

NavyLCDR, Jun 27, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    If original was 7 home which is most likely version, you would need to install 10 Home.

Regarding unactivated PRO, they will run indefinitely unlike older versions.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No "Valid Digital Entitlement Or Product Key' - Similar Threads - Valid Digital Entitlement

2. Product key Validation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Product key Validation: Have had this PC for ages & all of a sudden after turning on today a msg appears in the bottom right corner "This copy of windows is not genuine",Windows7 build 7601. In the System prop where your product Key is Activate Windows. The problem is why after using this PC...
  3. Digital product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital product key: I mgrated from [by force] from windows 8 to windows 10 sgle home language. I did not received a digital product licence key. I am experiencing some blue screen trouble. Where do I find my digital licence key or must I buy Windows 10 again after the migration?...
  4. digital product key

digital product key: downloaded free windows 10 home to a usb drive. notebook had win 7 on it. did a clean install. windows telling me it can't find a product key. device is registered to microsoft and is licensed to me...
  5. product key valid?

product key valid?: f I purchase Windows 7 how long is the product key valid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-valid/8fab35f1-2e59-4602-b007-b12c0799488f"
  6. No valid digital license/Product Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No valid digital license/Product Key: Hi, Getting error code 0x803FA067 when using the Windows 10 Home Product Key to reactivate the product. I had to replace my motherboard. I tried Powershell command: (Get-WmiObject -query 'select * from SoftwareLicensingService').OA3xOriginalProductKey which did not...
  7. No digital entitlement

No digital entitlement: I upgraded my Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home successfully. It shows windows is activated, but there is no message stating digital entitlement. Windows is working fine and updating, but if I need to do a clean install in the future, can this cause any problem, as I...
  8. Reinstall with "digital entitlement"

Reinstall with "digital entitlement": I just installed Windows 10 onto a laptop that had Windows 7. It originally had 8.1 but I replaced it with 7. I just checked and Windows 10 is activated by "digital entitlement". I thought I would have to use the key that came with my retail copy of Windows 7 to activate 10....
  9. Digital entitlement

Digital entitlement: Had an odd thing happen. I had to replace my motherboard(Asus to Asrock) and do a clean install of Win 10 Pro. I have a retail copy of 10 pro but I never entered my licence number as requested during install, when I got the update and security screen/activation I was...
  10. Restoring Digital Entitlement

Restoring Digital Entitlement: Bought Windows 10 Pro from an authorized dealer and successfully installed then activated Windows 10 on a standalone PC with the Activation key that came with the CD. With that same CD I installed Windows 10 on a Laptop I had as well, (an additional machine). Could not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no valid digital licence or product key {0x803fa067}

2. valid digital entitlement

3. trying to upgrade no valid key