Windows 10: No video signal after updating BIOS

Discus and support No video signal after updating BIOS in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Thanks for letting us know. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by bobkn, Apr 5, 2018.

1. bobkn Win User

No video signal after updating BIOS

Thanks for letting us know.

bobkn, Apr 5, 2018

2. Hi,

I have a custom built PC with an ASUS Z97-K motherboard. I downloaded the latest BIOS for my motherboard from the ASUS website and updated it successfully by using the BIOS flash utility from a USB drive

After I got the confirmation that the BIOS had been updated successfully, the system restarted but the screen never turned on again. Because I have a GPU I figured that resetting to default would cause the built-in graphics to be selected instead of the GPU so I plugged my monitor to its connector (HDMI), but there is no signal. There isn't any signal on the GPU's HDMI socket either.

Is it possible that the HDMI sockets are not activated? There also is a VGA connection on the motherboard but I dont have a VGA monitor to test it.

Otherwise what should I do? I am not an experienced user when it comes to BIOS management.

:)

Lophophora, Apr 9, 2018
  3. Radeon Crimson 16.4.2 edition update on Windows 10.

When the update restarted, I lost all video signal and can't even get into bios Won't return when I force restart, either.

collinsfaulkner, Apr 9, 2018
  4. prince2k Win User

No signal after updating to 31.0.015

I have seen some guys have experienced this signal issue after updating their N95 8GB to the FW v 31.0.015. most of their phones previously locked for a network (branded).
    is this same incident for you?

Message Edited by dazz19 on 25-Feb-2009 10:01 AM

prince2k, Apr 9, 2018
  5. Ben Myers Win User
  6. bobkn Win User
    Before trying to recover the BIOS, I suggest clearing the CMOS. There's a jumper for that; item 1.6 in the manual linked in post #2.

If that doesn't work, recovering the BIOS may be your only option. I presume that it's long off warranty. (Introduced in 2014.)

bobkn, Apr 9, 2018
  7. Thanks guys.

Resetting the CMOS will only reset the BIOS settings, not downgrade it to factory version right? I'll try this and then I'll try recovering the BIOS using the CrashFree BIOS 3 utility described in section 2.1.3

I'll let you know.

Lophophora, Apr 10, 2018
  8. No video signal after updating BIOS

Ok done. Resetting the CMOS didn't help, but the ASUS recovery utility is awesome, it recovered and updated my BIOS seamlessly.

Lophophora, Apr 10, 2018
Thema:

1. No video signal after updating BIOS - Similar Threads - video signal updating

2. How to fix no signal after changing bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix no signal after changing bios: Hi I am GavinjotI had a problem in my bios . I couldn't get out of my bios after that I changed to secure boot and resetted pk key . After that I started my pc and there was no signal on my monitor I also connected my pc with my TV that didn't work . Any help would...
  3. How to fix no signal after changing bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix no signal after changing bios: Hi I am GavinjotI had a problem in my bios . I couldn't get out of my bios after that I changed to secure boot and resetted pk key . After that I started my pc and there was no signal on my monitor I also connected my pc with my TV that didn't work . Any help would...
  4. No video signal after resetting BIOS to standard settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No video signal after resetting BIOS to standard settings: Hi.A while back I encountered a problem where my system wouldn't boot to windows. For some reason I was also unable to for example load an earlier restore point, or as I've had to do several times earlier use my bootable USB installation media to boot/repair the...
  5. No video signal after resetting BIOS to standard settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No video signal after resetting BIOS to standard settings: Hi.A while back I encountered a problem where my system wouldn't boot to windows. For some reason I was also unable to for example load an earlier restore point, or as I've had to do several times earlier use my bootable USB installation media to boot/repair the...
  6. No Signal Problem after BIOS loading screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Signal Problem after BIOS loading screen: Hi Everyone,I've been having No signal issue right after the BIOS screen load up and I've been having this situation for 3 days now. I have a newly build PC with all brand new parts. I was able to install windows 11 and able to use it for 2 days then the error shows up. My...
  7. Displayport monitor no signal after bios screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Displayport monitor no signal after bios screen: My displayport monitor (MSI MAG271CQR) does not display anything after the windows 10 boot logo. The Boot logo and the windows logo show and when the login screen loads up, the monitor disconnects (Shows the no signal message), while the second monitor (hdmi) shows the login...
  8. No Video signal on computers after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No Video signal on computers after 1903 update: Has anyone ran into the problem of no video signal after updating to windows 10. Happened on 2 desktops for me so far. 139882
  9. No Video signal on computers after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Support
    No Video signal on computers after 1903 update: Has anyone ran into the problem of no video signal after updating to windows 10. Happened on 2 desktops for me so far. 139882
  10. No video signal

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No video signal: Quick question. If someone is using a DVI monitor, will this disable the VGA port? I can't seem to get a video signal from a computer that I'm troubleshooting. Thank you.