Windows 10: No wallpaper on resume from sleep screen

Discus and support No wallpaper on resume from sleep screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 home with the anniversary update and all updates since on a Toshiba laptop. When I boot up from a complete shutdown, I get a wallpaper (1)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Curious, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Curious Win User

No wallpaper on resume from sleep screen

Windows 10 home with the anniversary update and all updates since on a Toshiba laptop.
    When I boot up from a complete shutdown, I get a wallpaper (1) on the screen and after I press enter the login screen appears with its wallpaper image.
    But, when I resume by lifting the laptop lid the screen that appears is dark (no wallpaper) and only the time and date present. I do not mind the time and date on the pre-login screen, but how do I get a wallpaper instead of the black background?
    Thanks.

:)

Curious, Sep 20, 2016

2. My lock screen is black!

I am using the anniversary update of windows 10, therefore the sign in screen is also having the lock screen wallpaper. whenever I turn off my laptop or resume my PC from sleep, the lock screen appears black but the sign in screen(screen in which we type
    our pin or password to unlock PC ) has the wallpaper.

I think this is due to enabling Cortana on lock screen, as this started happening after I enabled it(Cortana on lock screen). After this problem I even disabled Cortana on locks creen, but nothing happened.

Please Help!

Utkarsh Kishore Ranjan, Sep 20, 2016
  3. Spotlight shows blank screen on resume from Sleep or Hibernation - Windows 10

Thank you.

I ran the System File Checker Tool and there were no errors.

I am reluctant to use the DSIM tool which is clearly directed at support agents or IT professionals.

As the PC is otherwise working perfectly well, I will just put up with the blank screen before logging on to my system.

Dj-Stevens, Sep 20, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, try Settings, Personalisation, Lock Screen.

Note that the lock screen from restart is treated in some ways differently to the lock screen related to sleep. (The first you can't disable, the second you can) but how this relates to what picture is shown, I don't know.

dalchina, Sep 20, 2016
  5. Curious Win User
    Thank you. I think you pointed me to where the problem lies.
    When I went to Settings, Personalisation, Lock Screen I found "Some settings are managed by your organization" in red on the top of the screen even though this is a personal laptop and no organization is involved. Probably caused by some tool I installed and probably why I cannot change things.
    Wonder how I can get rid of "Some settings are managed by your organization". This is Windows 10 Home and I did disable Windows monitoring.

Curious, Sep 21, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Ah, that means some group policy changes have been made (normally GP is managed by an organisation).

This can happen if you've tried to block telemetry ('MS spying') or for a couple of other reasons.

Try downloading Spybot Antibeacon (free); note if some settings appear to have been set to block features; click the Undo button and see if that has solved it.

There are other things that can cause this.
    Some settings are managed by your organization.doc

dalchina, Sep 21, 2016
  7. Curious Win User
    You are correct (of course). I did block telemetry and do not really want to restore it.....
    Thank you for your help. I clicked the thumbs up but it won't let me do it a second time. Am grateful.

Curious, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No wallpaper on resume from sleep screen - Similar Threads - wallpaper resume sleep

2. Cannot resume from sleep / screensaver

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot resume from sleep / screensaver: Hi. I hope you can help me with regards to this constant issue I have been having. My laptop sometimes doesn't shut down fully or when it enters sleep mode or screensaver mode screen turns off, then the fans ramp up to constant maximum and no matter what I do, the screen...
  3. Bypass welcome screen after resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Bypass welcome screen after resuming from sleep: I'm not sure it's called the welcome screen, i have to press Enter or use the mouse to get in. 129395
  4. Bypass or disable lock screen after resume from sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bypass or disable lock screen after resume from sleep: I am on 1803 Pro, I don't have any password set but everytime the computer resumes from sleep I have to click on the sign in button. I had disabled previously the lock screen but it just came back randomly. This time trying 4-5 different techniques: netplwiz, registry change,...
  5. Bypass or disable lock screen after resume from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Bypass or disable lock screen after resume from sleep: I am on 1803 Pro, I don't have any password set but everytime the computer resumes from sleep I have to click on the sign in button. I had disabled previously the lock screen but it just came back randomly. This time trying 4-5 different techniques: netplwiz, registry change,...
  6. Dark screen on sleep resume, then reboot from bugcheck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dark screen on sleep resume, then reboot from bugcheck: My laptop is a Samsung NP880Z5E. Runs a i7-3635 processor. Came with dual graphics chips: Intel HD4000 and AMD Radeon 8700. The computer, when bought new, was running Windows 8.1, but has been running Windows 10 for months. Currently running Windows 10 version 1607. On...
  7. Delayed resume from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Delayed resume from sleep: I installed an SSD in my laptop. Occasionally, when I resume from sleep mode, the computer becomes unresponsive. It does this for about 30 seconds. I can't remember if it was doing this before I installed the new drive. Today it's been doing it almost every time I open the...
  8. Resume from sleep issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume from sleep issue: Hi everyone. I had some trouble today with my computer. I seem to have fixed it, but thought I would share my experience to see if I can help others who may be having similar issues. System Specifications ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AMD FX-6300 4 GB 1333 mhz GSkill RAM...
  9. Problems with Instantly Resuming from Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Instantly Resuming from Sleep: Ok, I have a problem that (AFAIK) no one else on any of the forums (and forum sites) I have visited seem to having. As per the title, I am sure you can see that it is related to my laptop going to sleep. The Problem: My Dell XPS 15 (9550) seems to go to sleep properly...
  10. W10 slow to resume from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 slow to resume from sleep: I did a fresh install on a SSD not to long ago. The computer is running very smoothly for the most part. However, sometimes when I open the lid to my laptop, it is temporarily unresponsive for a minute or so when resuming from sleep mode. It's pretty annoying. I think it has...