Windows 10: No wi fi connection

Discus and support No wi fi connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Cannot open wi fi on my sony vaio. Laptop recently updated and now shows wi fi as switched off. Have tried all network connections but cannot find a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alzbitz, May 30, 2017.

1. Alzbitz Win User

No wi fi connection

Cannot open wi fi on my sony vaio. Laptop recently updated and now shows wi fi as switched off. Have tried all network connections but cannot find a way to switch wi fi on. Help please

:)

Alzbitz, May 30, 2017
  2. Hakodon Win User

Wi-Fi Connection Error. Can't Connect to One Specific Wi-Fi

Windows10. There are some usable Wi-Fi in a house, but I cannot connect to one specific Wi-Fi. When I try to connect that Wi-Fi it says "can't connect this network" even though my phone and other devices can connect to that Wi-Fi. If I unplug the Wi-Fi
    router and re-plug in after 10 to 15 second, I can connect that Wi-Fi. However, it sometimes stops suddenly while I am using that. Then I need to reconnect to that Wi-Fi but can't do it unless unplug and re-plug in again. I tried troubleshooting but didn't
    work. I can use and connect to other Wi-Fi but I don't know why this specific Wi-Fi can't be connected.

Hakodon, May 30, 2017
  3. Wifi

Are you trying to connect to a home Wi-Fi or does this happen to any Wi-Fi connection? Have you tried connecting to a free Wi-Fi hotspot?

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, May 30, 2017
  4. No wi fi connection

Hi Alzbitz. Welcome to the TenForums @Alzbitz

You said laptop was updated, could you expand. Did Windows install a cumulative update or did you go from Anniversary Update to Creator Update or .... ?

I never know everyone's technical level, if you've performed these steps already just ignore.

Is adapter showing in Device Manager? If it is there is there an error code?

Next check that Airplane is off. Click on notification symbol lower right, action center should open.

Next check that physical switch is in on position. Most laptops today have a way to enable and disable wireless embedded in function keys, not sure which F key is yours. Usually little stick antenna with waves on either side.

Next I would run a Network Reset, Click Start=>Settings=>Network & Internet=> scroll down right side to bottom, Network Reset

Next I would unplug laptop, remove battery, hold power key for 20 seconds. Wait a minute or two. Reassemble and test.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 30, 2017
Thema:

No wi fi connection

1. No wi fi connection - Similar Threads - connection

2. Blue Screen when remoting connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen when remoting connection: Hi Gentleman,I met a blue screen issue mostly when remoting connection to the PC. whatever using VNC or remote desktop or other applications.OS is windows 7the details are as below:- System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting [ Guid]...
  3. Blue Screen when remoting connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen when remoting connection: Hi Gentleman,I met a blue screen issue mostly when remoting connection to the PC. whatever using VNC or remote desktop or other applications.OS is windows 7the details are as below:- System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting [ Guid]...
  4. My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...: I’ve had issues with my drivers and was looking for ways to fix it. I tried disabling all launch programs and when I restarted my pc it was basically useless. I’ve reactivated all launch programs and nothing changed my pc literally cannot connect to the internet for now....
  5. My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...

My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...: I’ve had issues with my drivers and was looking for ways to fix it. I tried disabling all launch programs and when I restarted my pc it was basically useless. I’ve reactivated all launch programs and nothing changed my pc literally cannot connect to the internet for now....
  6. Need to be able to use administrator rights when connected using quick assist. Is there a way?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to be able to use administrator rights when connected using quick assist. Is there a way?: I am hoping someone can provide some help here.I have a few companies I provide IT for, with 70 employees each. I have been using Quick Assist to provide remote support but I'm encountering a problem.All my users are Standard users on their machines by default, so for...
  7. Kindle not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kindle not connecting: kindle paperwhite 6th generation is not recognised when connected via usb cable on my lenovo thinkpad running windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kindle-not-connecting/3018e6a3-f7ec-4324-acb3-f193d9ff89d3
  8. Need to be able to use administrator rights when connected using quick assist. Is there a way?

Need to be able to use administrator rights when connected using quick assist. Is there a way?: I am hoping someone can provide some help here.I have a few companies I provide IT for, with 70 employees each. I have been using Quick Assist to provide remote support but I'm encountering a problem.All my users are Standard users on their machines by default, so for...
  9. Kindle not connecting

Kindle not connecting: kindle paperwhite 6th generation is not recognised when connected via usb cable on my lenovo thinkpad running windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kindle-not-connecting/3018e6a3-f7ec-4324-acb3-f193d9ff89d3
  10. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: It appears I have fixed my own problem but all the prior threads on the subject were locked, so I made my own to help others with this issue.I am running windows 11, but this may be the same on other versions.The security key is not controlled in the "WLAN Autoconfig" service...