Windows 10: No Wi-Fi through router but other Wi-Fi devices work

Discus and support No Wi-Fi through router but other Wi-Fi devices work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi folks! As the title suggests, and I'm sure my post count will confirm, this is my first post on the forums here. I'm having issues after an OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by J2Rockefell, Apr 9, 2016.

1. No Wi-Fi through router but other Wi-Fi devices work

Hi folks! As the title suggests, and I'm sure my post count will confirm, this is my first post on the forums here.

I'm having issues after an OS recovery with one of my Windows 10 machines. When I attempt to connect to my wireless router, it shows "Connected, Secured" but "no network connection" and no internet as a result. This same machine connects to my phone's hotspot just fine (This is, in fact the connection I am using to type this).

We have another desktop, a laptop, 3 Android phones, and 2 tablets all able to access the internet through the router (a Mikrotik Routerboard RB951Ui-2HnD provided by my ISP) with no issues. *Rolleyes

I have reset both the PC and the router several times with no success. I tried changing the settings so that public and private networks would have the same levels of access...

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. I'm pretty much stumped at this point. *Banghead

EDIT:
    I performed a clean install and am still having this issue. Is it possible my router (which is set up for DHCP...) has somehow assigned a static/reserved IP for this machine and the PC is trying to get a new one and not being allowed to or something?

If anyone has access to IRC or something and would be willing to help, I'd love the input.

:)

J2Rockefell, Apr 9, 2016
  2. jsshaw Win User

N95: Enabling VoIP on Orange...

The LiveBox is a generic Wi-Fi router. It does not 'disable' other Wi-Fi devices from attaching to it, N95 included.

jsshaw, Apr 9, 2016
  3. Hakodon Win User
    Wi-Fi Connection Error. Can't Connect to One Specific Wi-Fi

Windows10. There are some usable Wi-Fi in a house, but I cannot connect to one specific Wi-Fi. When I try to connect that Wi-Fi it says "can't connect this network" even though my phone and other devices can connect to that Wi-Fi. If I unplug the Wi-Fi
    router and re-plug in after 10 to 15 second, I can connect that Wi-Fi. However, it sometimes stops suddenly while I am using that. Then I need to reconnect to that Wi-Fi but can't do it unless unplug and re-plug in again. I tried troubleshooting but didn't
    work. I can use and connect to other Wi-Fi but I don't know why this specific Wi-Fi can't be connected.

Hakodon, Apr 9, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

No Wi-Fi through router but other Wi-Fi devices work

Hi, noted no-one's replied... seems strange it's not resolved with what you've tried.
    Tends to suggest a hardware issue.

Presumably you've tried rt click the Wifi tray icon, Troubleshoot?
    Have you tried an ethernet connection?

No Wi-Fi through router but other Wi-Fi devices work [​IMG]

Presumably you see this in your tray.

I had some internet protocols mysteriously vanish over lunch when my PC was sitting idle..
    I used
    Tweaking.com's repair tool and chose just the appropriate repair.
    (Saves recalling the commands).

Hope you've got it sorted by now.

dalchina, Apr 14, 2016
  5. Thanks for your reply. I actually reverted to Windows 7 for a while and all was well. Rules out hardware issues. Installed 10 again and poof... no internet. As I said, it let's me on via my Wi-Fi hot-spot on my phone using my pc's Wi-Fi, but won't connect through my router. I checked with my manufacturer and they show that the drivers built into 10 are the most recent for my adapter. If it was a driver issue I should not be able to connect to my phone, I would think.

I did notice that it auto-selects public as the network type for my router. Have not been able to change that.

J2Rockefell, Jul 30, 2016
  6. Samuria Win User
    From a cmd prompt type ipconfig /all then post results

Samuria, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No Wi-Fi through router but other Wi-Fi devices work

1. No Wi-Fi through router but other Wi-Fi devices work - Similar Threads - through router devices

2. Wi-Fi not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi not working: I need help. I did windows recovery last week on my laptop because I was having boot problems and blue screen issues. I was able to get my laptop working and set up, but my Wi-Fi is not working, when I first turn on my laptop it’ll work but as soon as I try to get on chrome...
  3. Wi-Fi not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi not working: I need help. I did windows recovery last week on my laptop because I was having boot problems and blue screen issues. I was able to get my laptop working and set up, but my Wi-Fi is not working, when I first turn on my laptop it’ll work but as soon as I try to get on chrome...
  4. wi-fi wi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wi-fi wi: I just want to use the wi-fi on my second computer without a cable. my computer uses windows 10 and it keep saying fix the cable! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-wi/fabd5a5d-b3b2-4ae1-8f34-3c5b98d4e10f
  5. wi-fi wi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wi-fi wi: I just want to use the wi-fi on my second computer without a cable. my computer uses windows 10 and it keep saying fix the cable! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-wi/fabd5a5d-b3b2-4ae1-8f34-3c5b98d4e10f
  6. wi-fi wi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wi-Fi is not working

Wi-Fi is not working: I have the following problem, wi-fi isworking well but after a whilethe pop-up says "No internet connection". I disconnect wi-fithen connect it again and it starts working, butthe issue reoccurs again. I have to keep switching off and on wi-fi to make it work. It is really...
  8. Wi-fi not working

Wi-fi not working: Hi All, Windows 10 build 1803 on Dell XPS 8390. Since late i have an annoying issue where the PC does not connect to internet. When it boot up there's no internet and the wi-fi icon on the tray says something in the lines of "limited or no internet" Even after trying to...
  9. Sky router and wi fi problems.

Sky router and wi fi problems.: I recently changed my graphics from an AD Radeon to an Nvidea Geoforce graphics card and I have since not been able to connect my pc to the Internet. I run my sky router by lead direct from my pc but it doesn't want to connect. It is most frustrating, as the wifi is working...
  10. Router wi-fi won't connect to some devices

Router wi-fi won't connect to some devices: I have an Asus router (a good one) which is hard-wired to 4 devices. It also has wi-fi turned on - both on 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz bands. My iPad and an iPhone connect to both bands with no problem. However, I can't connect to my Android smartphone or a PC laptop on either band....