Windows 10: No wifi connection on my laptop

Discus and support No wifi connection on my laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey guys, I'm running the latest Windows 10 1709 build, with latest updates. I have an Hp Folio 9470M laptop and last night my wifi icon at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BDani, Mar 13, 2018.

1. BDani Win User

No wifi connection on my laptop

Hey guys,

I'm running the latest Windows 10 1709 build, with latest updates.
    I have an Hp Folio 9470M laptop and last night my wifi icon at the bottom was gone.

I can connect by Ethernet but no option for wireless connectivity. Going into the network settings, there is nothing there. I attached an image to show

No wifi connection on my laptop [​IMG]

Also, when I'm in the login screen, I can see the wifi icon, and the networks that are available, but when connecting, it says "connecting to the network is taking longer than usual" and then drops.

Things I tried:
    1. Updating network drivers
    2. Windows Troubleshooter
    3. Network reset
    4. Reset winsock command in cmd
    5. resetting many times
    6. scanning for viruses with multiple programs

I just have no idea what else I can do.
    Thanks in advance.

Edit:
    Found the issue. I compared all of my services to a working laptop's services and changed stuff from Manual to Automatic according to the working one of course. Restart and now it works. Guess something changed my network services, I'll a few more scans.

:)

BDani, Mar 13, 2018

2. Laptop not connecting to Wifi

yes sir different wifi networks are apperaring to connect but my wifi device is not appearing.... i Just want to connect it to my own wifi device..

sir my problem is not that my laptop is not connecting with wi-fi devices... it is connecting with other wifi devices like my neighbour's wifi.... >>
    the problem is that it is not connecting with my own wifi device..!!!

even my wifi device is not appearing in the available networks... BUT my wifi is connecting with family mobile phone.. only it is not appearing on my laptop ...

My wifi device is connecting with the mobile phone ..it shows its working properly..

As my laptop is connecting with with other wifi device shows that its wireless connectivity is also working...

then whats the problem.. ??

SalmanNazir, Mar 13, 2018
  3. wifi

my laptop restarted and when I went to connect to wifi the connection for wifi had disappeared...is there a wifi app i can download to use on my laptop

SheliaHill81, Mar 13, 2018
Thema:

No wifi connection on my laptop

1. No wifi connection on my laptop - Similar Threads - wifi connection laptop

2. My laptop won’t connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won’t connect to wifi: My laptop won’t connect to my home wifi. It shows up but says no internet. I have tried reinstalling the network adapters but it didn’t work. My laptop connects to other wifi, and my phone connects to the wifi in question....
  3. My laptop is not connecting to the WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is not connecting to the WiFi: Hi, I have received a issue where my laptop does not want to connect to the WiFi and when I try to connect via the taskbar it does not show the symbol when I Troubleshoot it says The IntelR wireless-AC 9461 adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problem. Can...
  4. My laptop is not connecting to the WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is not connecting to the WiFi: Hi, I have received a issue where my laptop does not want to connect to the WiFi and when I try to connect via the taskbar it does not show the symbol when I Troubleshoot it says The IntelR wireless-AC 9461 adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problem. Can...
  5. [wifi connection] my laptop can’t connect to a pocket wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [wifi connection] my laptop can’t connect to a pocket wifi: Hello,I am actually in japan using a pocket wifi. The issue is my iPhone and my Macbook have an accès to internet but my Hp envy doesn’t.My friend also has a an iPhone and it works.My computer has its driver updated and can connect to any other wifi but not the pocket wifi.I...
  6. [wifi connection] my laptop can’t connect to a pocket wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [wifi connection] my laptop can’t connect to a pocket wifi: Hello,I am actually in japan using a pocket wifi. The issue is my iPhone and my Macbook have an accès to internet but my Hp envy doesn’t.My friend also has a an iPhone and it works.My computer has its driver updated and can connect to any other wifi but not the pocket wifi.I...
  7. [wifi connection] my laptop can’t connect to a pocket wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. My laptop can't connect to WiFi

My laptop can't connect to WiFi: Hi, My laptop no longer connects to Wifi. When it rarely connects, it doesn't last long and the signal is always very low, from all networks. I can connect the same networks on other portable devices. Currently, I can only access the Internet through a cable connected...
  9. how to connect WIFI to my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to connect WIFI to my laptop: how to connect WIFI to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-wifi-to-my-laptop/f697bba6-c627-4ee6-98e9-b1c8f240e4f9
  10. My Laptop will not connect to my Wifi

My Laptop will not connect to my Wifi: It's a Asus X401A1 Intel celeron b830 1.80ghz 4gb ram. Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 is my wireless network adapter. Tried reinstalling the network drive. Uninstalling. Disabling. Upgraded my Laptop from Windows 8 to 10. Tried Network reset It'll occasionally come up with...