Windows 10: No wifi icon in taskbar

Discus and support No wifi icon in taskbar in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home Recently, the Wifi/Internet icon has disappeared from my status bar, although it is checked in Settings. It is shown in Hidden Icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by janey6, May 8, 2016.

1. janey6 Win User

No wifi icon in taskbar

Windows 10 Home
    Recently, the Wifi/Internet icon has disappeared from my status bar, although it is checked in Settings.
    It is shown in Hidden Icons as 'Not connected, No connections available'. This is strange as I am connected to the Internet and everything is working properly.
    How can I restore the icon to my status bar please?

:)

janey6, May 8, 2016

2. Battery Icon Gone on Taskbar [Windows 10]

Hi there,

I went to properties etc.

and when I went on which icons appear on Taskbar the power icon was on and it was the Wifi/internet connection icon, but on my taskbar the only icon that is the wifi icon is my wifi. I'm really getting frustrated and confused now, even on
    'Which icons show up on taskbar' my batter on/off button is grey. I'm also not sure how to do the second option.

Amarpreet124, May 8, 2016
  3. RPG17A Win User
    How do i pin wifi icon to taskbar Win 10

Hi Nic

Hopefully it may just be switched off, go to Settings>Personalisation>Taskbar and scroll to Notifications Area and click on Select which Icons appear on the Taskbar and click to turn on wifi icon if it's off. Also click on the Show
    Hidden Icons pointer(upwards pointing arrow) on the right of the taskbar and if wifi icon shows you can click and drag it to the taskbar.

RPG17A, May 8, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

No wifi icon in taskbar

Uninstall device and driver in Device Manager, reboot and then reinstall Device with driver.

bro67, May 8, 2016
  5. janey6 Win User
    Thank you for your reply. I don't know which I should delete and reinstall. Can you tell me from the attached screenshot please?

janey6, May 9, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    I don't have a HP computer.

My understanding is : some HP models have a Wifi key on the keyboard.
    Would F12 key be the one on yours ?

davidhk, May 9, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    It does not matter what computer the OP has. They have to uninstall the Device and driver to get the icon back.

bro67, May 9, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

No wifi icon in taskbar

Find WIFI device. Click on it and go to Drivers, uninstall device and driver. Reboot and connect with Ethernet to install the correct driver. Then go into System and disable to allow Microsoft Updates from reinstalling their drivers. Basic 101 stuff.

bro67, May 9, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    Have you tried signing in to one of the HP Pavilion Support forums and ask the folks there ?

davidhk, May 9, 2016
  10. bro67 Win User
    Why send them off to another website. They will state what I have stated.

bro67, May 9, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    What I suggest is my business.
    You make your suggestion. I make mine.
    The OP will decide which way to go.

This is the last time I will reply back to you.
    I only answer to the OP, the mods, the Admin and the forum owner.

If you have problem with that, you have the right to report to the moderation department.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No wifi icon in taskbar

1. No wifi icon in taskbar - Similar Threads - wifi icon taskbar

2. Wifi icon not showing in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi icon not showing in taskbar: I recently messed with my Windows Services and I am not able to see the Wifi icon in the taskbar.I had disabled some services and after restarting my PC, it was gone. I don't know which services I disabledIt is visible here, but not on taskbar...Pls help me for the same...OS...
  3. Wifi icon not showing in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi icon not showing in taskbar: I recently messed with my Windows Services and I am not able to see the Wifi icon in the taskbar.I had disabled some services and after restarting my PC, it was gone. I don't know which services I disabledIt is visible here, but not on taskbar...Pls help me for the same...OS...
  4. Wifi icon missing from the taskbar and settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi icon missing from the taskbar and settings: This morning when I turned on my laptop, I realized not only I'm not connected to WiFi, but its icon is missing from my taskbar altogether.I thought my wife connection has been disabled but when I went to "control panel\network and internet\network connections" I saw no wifi...
  5. Windows icon,settings icon,wifi icon not working on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows icon,settings icon,wifi icon not working on the taskbar: Hey,I am unable to open any of the microsoft apps.Before few days I have done my windows update from then i am facing the problem where my task manager shows very high percentage of the disk usage.The service host keeps running all the time.I have been signed out of my...
  6. Windows icon,settings icon,wifi icon not working on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows icon,settings icon,wifi icon not working on the taskbar: Hey,I am unable to open any of the microsoft apps.Before few days I have done my windows update from then i am facing the problem where my task manager shows very high percentage of the disk usage.The service host keeps running all the time.I have been signed out of my...
  7. Windows icon,settings icon,wifi icon not working on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Internet and WiFi icon not showing on the taskbar.

Internet and WiFi icon not showing on the taskbar.: Last night, the internet was working just fine and i left my laptop to charge and slept. The next day however, i looked and there was no internet icon on the taskbar. [ATTACH] I searched and tried everything i saw and it didn't work. Can someone please tell me what do i...
  9. WiFi icon on taskbar dims?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi icon on taskbar dims?: I just installed a new Wifi PCIe adapter to take advantage of faster internet speeds available in my area. I noticed right away that during downloads the wifi icon on the taskbar will sometimes dim and turn gray. I've been searching for explanations but Google hasn't helped....
  10. Missing the Wifi icon from the taskbar

Missing the Wifi icon from the taskbar: Hi. I'm using a Surface Pro with Windows 10 and recently experiencing this issue. I checked dozens of online posts and solutions but none of them worked. Here is how it started: my laptop had been working perfectly until like 2 weeks ago. It suddenly lost the wifi icon from...