Windows 10: No wifi option in network settings after updating to Win10 CU

Discus and support No wifi option in network settings after updating to Win10 CU in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; thats about it. thought the update went well (except for a Defender issue), but then noticed wifi networks not showing up, only the ethernet. Then i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by maarkr, Apr 12, 2017.

1. maarkr Win User

No wifi option in network settings after updating to Win10 CU

thats about it. thought the update went well (except for a Defender issue), but then noticed wifi networks not showing up, only the ethernet. Then i noticed that there is no wifi option in the network action center, or the menu in the network settings. Looked for fixes... tried a vpn-related fix from other win updates, tried a gpedit trick, removing the net devices and rebooting, looking for software update, restarting explorer, and more.

I'm about ready to roll back the update. Hoping some new updaters will have the same problem and there will be a fix for it.

:)

maarkr, Apr 12, 2017
  2. Reg Woods Win User

Cannot Find WiFi Screen to Set Metered Connection

On one of my Win10 PC's I cannot find the WiFi screen in Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update>Advanced Options to Set As Metered Connection. When I go to Settings>Network & Internet, the WiFi setting does not appear on the list with Airplane Mode,
    Data Usage, VPN, etc. On my other identical Win10 PC, the WiFi option does appear and I can easily Set As Metered Connection. Both PC's are on the same WiFi network.

How can I get the WiFi screen to appear on my other PC?

Thanks!

Reg Woods, Apr 12, 2017
  3. rbailin Win User
    PC keeps going into startup/repair loop with windows 10 update

What JasonF forgot to mention is that Reset PC will remove all of your installed programs (store apps can be easily reinstalled). All of your data files will be preserved after the reset.

A better fix would be to use Microsoft's Media Creation Tool to download the latest Win10 installation files and burn it to a DVD or copy it to a USB drive. Then, after restoring your saved image backup and leaving your network connection unplugged or WiFi
    disabled when you boot back to the desktop, insert the DVD or USB stick and run setup.exe to do an in-place update to the 1709 Fall Creator's Update. Do not choose the option to download updates during the install; you can do all that later.

After the update is complete and your programs and data are still intact, you can reconnect to your network or WiFi and allow Windows Update to download and install the latest 02-18 Cumulative Update. It's likely to be successful. If not, you'll have to
    pause WU (if you have Pro) or disable the Windows Update service (if you have Home) until MS releases a fixed CU later this month.

rbailin, Apr 12, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Look in Device Manager under 'Network adapters'. Does your WiFi adapter have a yellow warning against it?

5. maarkr Win User
    no, i uninstalled them and rebooted as well as checked for a software update. I even switched my connection to my router from the Intel Gigabit device to the Qualcomm Atheros connection.

maarkr, Apr 12, 2017
  6. yuljk Win User
    Same issue here - also prevents wired ethernet adapters from functioning. Using a MediaTek USB 802.11n wireless adapter and wired is a Broadcom 440x. Both devices are functioning correctly according to device manager - just can't see wireless networks or connect via ethernet.

yuljk, Apr 12, 2017
  7. Same problem here, tried everything. Would love to know how to fix it.

SpicyGriffin, Apr 13, 2017
  8. yuljk Win User

Seems to be an issue with certain onboard NICS - essentially wiping out wireless functionality as well.

The only workaround that works so far is to disable the NIC in the BIOS and apply the CU.

yuljk, Apr 13, 2017
  9. maarkr Win User
    maarkr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No wifi option in network settings after updating to Win10 CU - Similar Threads - wifi option network

2. WiFi connection option / Network & Internet Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi connection option / Network & Internet Settings: WiFi connection option keeps disappearing from Network & Internet settings menu after pc is revived from sleep mode. Only after rebooting pc, does the Wifi connection option manifest itself for connecting to my router. In other words I see options for Status, Dial-up, VPN,...
  3. Wifi option not available in both taskbar and inside settings after windows update. Network...

Wifi option not available in both taskbar and inside settings after windows update. Network...: OS: Windows 10 Version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 So there was an automatic windows update and after the update I cannot access my Wi-Fi at all. I can only access internet via my ethernet cable. I even tried to update my driver. Tried troubleshooter. Restarted multiple...
  4. No WiFi option in Network & Internet settings

No WiFi option in Network & Internet settings: I was having trouble with my WiFi so I saw this magical button called "Network Reset" and I pushed it, because I'm not smart. And it restarted my computer, and I logged back in and saw on my hotbar where WiFi shows up it said "Not connected, no connections available" and I...
  5. wifi option is not displaying in network and internet setting

wifi option is not displaying in network and internet setting: my laptop model is Lenovo ideadpad 500-15acz .yesterday I update my windows 10 1809 to newer version win 10 1909 but my wifi Bluetooth and lan setting is not working. please anyone help me...
  6. No network adapter or WiFi option in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    No network adapter or WiFi option in settings: I cant connect to the Internet with my fresh install on Windows 10,i installed it from a USB stick. There is no network adapter in device manager, when I troubleshoot it just says to insert SIM card its a 2 in 1 laptop. I don't have the option to connect to ether net and I...
  7. no wifi options in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    no wifi options in settings: I can't connect my laptop to the internet. In Settings - Network & Internet- Status is not connected and shows no available networks. No Wi,Fi option on left pane Network options only show Bluetooth or Ethernet Other devices are connected as normal....
  8. Wifi option not found in network and internet setting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi option not found in network and internet setting: Guys, I was able to install the network adaptor driver, but I still couldn’t see the wireless adaptor under the network adaptor in device manager. And in the network and internet setting there is no option for wifi. So now I am suspecting my motherboard doesn’t support wifi?...
  9. No wifi option under 'Network and Internet' settings

No wifi option under 'Network and Internet' settings: Since about Feb 11, 'Wifi' does not appear as an option under Network and Internet Settings. I can connect to my wifi with my printer, but not the scanner component. It worked fine (for years) until Feb 11....
  10. No wifi option available in network settings or network menu

No wifi option available in network settings or network menu: I cannot find an option for connecting to wifi in my network and internet options. I have seen this question posted before and have tried everything said in those. I have tried updating my drivers from device manager but there is no wifi adapted in the options. I have even...