Windows 10: No WiFi Suddenly

Discus and support No WiFi Suddenly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use my computer all the time. Today, I turn it on and there's no Wifi. Not just that there are no network connections, but there's not even an option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WillSmethers, Aug 27, 2018.

1. No WiFi Suddenly

I use my computer all the time. Today, I turn it on and there's no Wifi. Not just that there are no network connections, but there's not even an option for wifi even in the settings. I restarted, ran troubleshooting, when I did the command prompt fix it said that no such item existed, and Windows 10 doesn't even show Wifi in the Network & Internet settings.

I have no idea what to do.

:)

WillSmethers, Aug 27, 2018

2. Wifi card suddenly stops with no error

(note: restarting the laptop fixes this until it happens again) this is something that happens randomly, I'll be doing something (usually requiring internet) and all the sudden the wifi card disappears from the connections list. I cannot see why this happens and it seems to happen randomly with no pattern. Opening device manager to the wifi card says that it has an error code 14 and that I need to restart to fix it, if I go the the details tab under Status I get these messages
    No WiFi Suddenly [​IMG]
    and under problem code I get this
    No WiFi Suddenly [​IMG]
    this is fixed by restarting but this happens 2-4 times a day and gets really annoying

randomwin10user, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Wifi disabled Suddenly Please Help

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows regarding the WiFi adapter. We will help you.

First Verify if the WLAN service is started and set to automatic, if the WLAN service is stopped, I suggest you to
    start the service and put it to automatic.

Step 1: Please follow the steps to
    start the WLAN service.

• Click on Start, type in services.msc
      and press Enter.

• Select WLAN Autoconfig from the list, Right click
      properties.

• Change the startup type to Automatic.

• Click on Start button.

• Click on Apply, Ok.
    Restart the computer and verify if it works.

Also check if all the dependencies are also running. Try the steps to check Dependencies.

• Right-click on WLAN Autoconfig
      and select Properties.

• Click on Dependencies, you will find all the dependency services under box labeled this service depends on the following system components.
    Step 2: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

1. Press Windows key + X key and select
    Control Panel.

2. type troubleshooting in search box and
    Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select
    View all on the top left corner.

4. Click
    Hardware and Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

No WiFi Suddenly

Wifi suddenly turns off then back on but unable to reconnect again

Hi Julian,

One of the usual reasons why a specific device suddenly unable to connect to a network is due to outdated/incompatible drivers. We would like to know if you've performed any changes before you encounter the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest using the Network troubleshooter as it can identify and provide fixes for it. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Choose Network & Internet.
    • Click Status, then look for the Network troubleshooter and
      click it.
    • Wait for the process to finish and check if the issue still persist.

Furthermore, if the issue still persists, we suggest that you roll back to an older version of your driver as the cause may be due to compatibility issue. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Cortana and type in Device Manager.
    • Choose Network Adapters, locate and right-click the driver for you Wi-Fi, then select
      Properties.
    • Select the Driver tab, and then select Roll Back Driver.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

No WiFi Suddenly

1. No WiFi Suddenly - Similar Threads - WiFi Suddenly

2. Pc suddenly dont have any network at all on ethernet and wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc suddenly dont have any network at all on ethernet and wifi: My pc suddenly dont have any wifi or ethernet connection. Wifi not showing up and ethernet says that is unplugged. I have already reinstall all drivers, plug n unplug cable, restart pc and router....
  3. Pc suddenly dont have any network at all on ethernet and wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc suddenly dont have any network at all on ethernet and wifi: My pc suddenly dont have any wifi or ethernet connection. Wifi not showing up and ethernet says that is unplugged. I have already reinstall all drivers, plug n unplug cable, restart pc and router....
  4. My Razor Blade 14 suddenly won't access the internet, even though the wifi says 'Connected...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Razor Blade 14 suddenly won't access the internet, even though the wifi says 'Connected...: My Razor Blade 14 suddenly won't access the internet, even though the wifi says 'Connected Secured' this is not a "connected, no internet" issue.It was working fine, albeit with slow internet access over the last few weeks, and then at some point today I could still connect...
  5. My Razor Blade 14 suddenly won't access the internet, even though the wifi says 'Connected...

My Razor Blade 14 suddenly won't access the internet, even though the wifi says 'Connected...: My Razor Blade 14 suddenly won't access the internet, even though the wifi says 'Connected Secured' this is not a "connected, no internet" issue.It was working fine, albeit with slow internet access over the last few weeks, and then at some point today I could still connect...
  6. All of a sudden, my laptop stopped connecting to wifi or any other network automatically....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of a sudden, my laptop stopped connecting to wifi or any other network automatically....: Package ID: NetworkDiagnosticsPath: C:\Windows\diagnostics\system\networkingError code: 0x80131700Source: EngineContext: Resteicted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-of-a-sudden-my-laptop-stopped-connecting-to/e5756e22-ace2-4d1d-ac38-b92b445bef4c
  7. All of a sudden, my laptop stopped connecting to wifi or any other network automatically....

All of a sudden, my laptop stopped connecting to wifi or any other network automatically....: Package ID: NetworkDiagnosticsPath: C:\Windows\diagnostics\system\networkingError code: 0x80131700Source: EngineContext: Resteicted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-of-a-sudden-my-laptop-stopped-connecting-to/e5756e22-ace2-4d1d-ac38-b92b445bef4c
  8. Unable to connect to wifi all of the sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to wifi all of the sudden: I was using my laptop for a few minutes before my wifi connection got disconnected and the icon disappeared. I tried going to the settings to get help but it says that Ethernet cable isn't plugged in. I have never used an ethernet cable before. I have tried to restart the...
  9. Unable to connect to wifi all of the sudden

Unable to connect to wifi all of the sudden: I was using my laptop for a few minutes before my wifi connection got disconnected and the icon disappeared. I tried going to the settings to get help but it says that Ethernet cable isn't plugged in. I have never used an ethernet cable before. I have tried to restart the...
  10. LG gram sudden loss of WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LG gram sudden loss of WiFi: I was using my LG gram laptop and had no issues. Today I saw a cloud flare vpn on my computer, removed it, and around the same time found that my IntelR WiFi 6E AX211 160MHz had a code 10 and 32, as in it could not start. The battery of the laptop is built in so I can’t cold...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why my computer suddenly no wifi