Windows 10: No "WIMBOOT" mode, without formatting.

Discus and support No "WIMBOOT" mode, without formatting. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is there a way to stop windows 10 from installing into "WIMBOOT" mode, without formatting.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by spheady, Jul 27, 2018.

1. spheady Win User

No "WIMBOOT" mode, without formatting.

Is there a way to stop windows 10 from installing into "WIMBOOT" mode, without formatting.

:)

spheady, Jul 27, 2018
  2. spheady Win User

Is there a way to stop windows 10 from installing into "WIMBOOT" mode, without formatting.

spheady, Oct 8, 2018
  3. No "WIMBOOT" mode, without formatting.

Hi spheady,

Wimboot is originally designed for Windows 8.1, which is a good option in getting managing your images and partions.
    However for Windows 10, There is an option that would compress your files which is by using
    Compact OS. In order for me to explain better and provide you better options, I would like to know, what gave you
    the impression that your computer is still running on WIMBOOT?

I'll be waiting for your response for me to assist you further.

ErwinJames San, Oct 8, 2018
  4. No "WIMBOOT" mode, without formatting.

Wimboot is not desired

How can I stop Windows 10 from installing into Windows image file boot (WIMBoot), without formatting?

Ruma Bhadra, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

1. No "WIMBOOT" mode, without formatting. - Similar Threads - WIMBOOT mode without

2. Formatting my laptop without removing the OS.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Formatting my laptop without removing the OS.: I want an empty windows 10 laptop. I currently have the windows 10 home edition. The laptop was bought having a windows 8 probably. Is there a way to remove everything except the windows 10 itself. I'm afraid manually removing files won't do....
  3. Installing second hard drive without formatting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installing second hard drive without formatting: First of all do not try this unless you are willing to loose all your data PERIOD!. Purchase a 2TB or 4TB external HDD USB 3.0 and back all your stuff up. I have an 8 year old laptop. When it was new Dell site had 14+ drivers for this system available for download. I...
  4. Paste without formatting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paste without formatting: In Thunderbird, I can CTRL-SHIFT-V and it will paste the text in my clipboard into a message without formatting. How to do this in Mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paste-without-formatting/68e2e466-6faf-4d41-83cf-077e19176b17
  5. Protected Mode Without Asking For It

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Protected Mode Without Asking For It: Why are all of my files blocked or protected since one of the most recent updates. When I try to move a file it makes me unblock it, and when I open a Microsoft document it is in protected mode and I have to enable it. I never put protection on my documents but it is acting...
  6. Wimboot is not desired

Wimboot is not desired: How can I stop Windows 10 from installing into Windows image file boot (WIMBoot), without formatting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/wimboot-is-not-desired/fa74bc47-8dd9-49b7-a5b7-a9c217cdb46f
  7. WIMBoot - no longer needed for a compressed Windows 10 install?

WIMBoot - no longer needed for a compressed Windows 10 install?: Apologies if this has already been asked, there are discussions about upgrading from aWIMBoot installation of 8.1 but nothing I could find about actually using WIMBoot with Windows 10. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 Home via the ISO, and along with the ~500MB and...
  8. Clean install with WIMBoot & delete recovery partition

Clean install with WIMBoot & delete recovery partition: I bought a 2nd hand Lenovo Idea pad 100s netbook. It has 32gb eMMC storage. It has WIMBoot. It came with Win10 but has the old owners profile so I want to reinstall a clean copy of windows 10 from usb that I downloaded from Microsoft. 2 questions: 1. Can I delete the...
  9. Formatting an SSD without using Quick Format Option

Formatting an SSD without using Quick Format Option: Hey all, I know that it is advised that one should not format a SSD without the Quick Format option enabled. However I want to start with a completely clean SSD. This is not my C drive (Windows 10) but rather a second SSD used for certain applications. Question is, will...
  10. Upgrade for Win 8.1 Update WIMBoot Installations to Win 10

Upgrade for Win 8.1 Update WIMBoot Installations to Win 10: Do we know what will happen with users who have a WIMBoot Installation (aka compressed) installation of Windows 8.1 Update on their system? Will they get the update like the others or will they have to create their own Windows 10 WIMBootinstallation? edit: typo 6484

Users found this page by searching for:

1. S mode unable to upgrade