Windows 10: No Windows 10 boot screen..

Discus and support No Windows 10 boot screen.. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Edit- Nevermind, I just shut down and restart for the first time since the latest update, which before my boot times were rather sluggish with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wiretap, Aug 15, 2015.

1. wiretap Win User

No Windows 10 boot screen..

Edit- Nevermind, I just shut down and restart for the first time since the latest update, which before my boot times were rather sluggish with a lingering black screen(nearly a minute), but now my computer gets to the lock screen in about 3 or 4 seconds, no time for a boot screen.. Much faster than my start up's on 8.1, well played Microsoft..

I'm assuming there is one, anyone else just get a black screen before the lock screen appears? Mine goes from the ASUS logo, to a black screen I can move my mouse around on, to the lock screen.. Obviously not a problem of any kind, just curious if anyone else has the same experience.

:)

wiretap, Aug 15, 2015

2. Windows 10 Black Screen on boot, no cursor, no safe mode, nothing. (After an update)

Last night I was just minding my own business when my monitors kept going black and I noticed that windows was trying to update. I had to force shut down because my monitors were completely black, and windows came back up ok. I noticed while I was using
    it again that windows was still trying to install MORE updates. I tried to disable windows update with no success. It was updating and there's nothing I could do to stop it...

This morning I tried to turn it on again, and it's just completely black. The fan is loud and the screen is black with
    no cursor. No bios screen, no login screen, no windows screen, no flickering cursor, just black.
    Note that my keyboard and mouse light up so it seems like part of it is working...

I can't get to safe mode ( I tried hitting f5, f8 and f12 )

Note that I was not updating from window 8, I already had windows 10 installed for about a year

I tried:

* Hard booting over and over

* Unplugging monitor 1 and leaving monitor 2

* Unplugging monitor 2 and leaving monitor 1

* Booting with only monitor 1 plugged in

* Booting with only monitor 2 plugged in

* Pressing f5 during boot

* Pressing f8 during boot

* Pressing f11 during boot

* Pressing f12 during boot

* Unplugging everything and turning it on

* Tried plugging in a different monitor

* Tried creating a windows 10 iso image and made a USB bootable, didn't do anything when i booted it with the USB

* Tried plugging it into my TV

* Tried plugging it in using HDMI, VGA, and a combination of all

* Tried using media creation tool to made a bootable usb, didn't do anything when i booted it with the USB

My specs are:

* NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

* MSI X79A-GD45 Plus Motherboard

There are hundreds of questions like mine on forums, and I've been reading responses and trying the solutions with NO LUCK! No Windows 10 boot screen.. :( Help

KatieDrizzle, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Black Screen on boot, no cursor, no safe mode, nothing. (After an update)

Hi Katie,

To properly assist you, may we know if you already contacted your computer manufacturer, and see if this is a hardware issue?

Regards.

Meliton Dec, Aug 15, 2015
Thema:

No Windows 10 boot screen..

1. No Windows 10 boot screen.. - Similar Threads - boot screen

2. MyLaptop went to Boot screen after the microsoft update. I need to repair it for $280...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MyLaptop went to Boot screen after the microsoft update. I need to repair it for $280...: MyLaptop went to Boot screen after the microsoft update. I need to repair it for $280 dollars. when I ask microsoft, they denied and simply said that they don't have to do anything with it. Is that fair?...
  3. MyLaptop went to Boot screen after the microsoft update. I need to repair it for $280...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MyLaptop went to Boot screen after the microsoft update. I need to repair it for $280...: MyLaptop went to Boot screen after the microsoft update. I need to repair it for $280 dollars. when I ask microsoft, they denied and simply said that they don't have to do anything with it. Is that fair?...
  4. PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11: Basically the title. I upgraded my PC from win10 to win11 and now when it restarted, it only shows a black screen. When I force restarted my PC, everything turns on but my monitor only shows a black screen, doesn't even show the prompts for the motherboard since it is...
  5. PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11

PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11: Basically the title. I upgraded my PC from win10 to win11 and now when it restarted, it only shows a black screen. When I force restarted my PC, everything turns on but my monitor only shows a black screen, doesn't even show the prompts for the motherboard since it is...
  6. I have a blue screen error that shows the stop code: Inaccessible boot device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have a blue screen error that shows the stop code: Inaccessible boot device.: I started looking for advanced repair and from command prompt I scanned. Now it shows this message. What should I do next.X:\Windows\System32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100%...
  7. I have a blue screen error that shows the stop code: Inaccessible boot device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a blue screen error that shows the stop code: Inaccessible boot device.: I started looking for advanced repair and from command prompt I scanned. Now it shows this message. What should I do next.X:\Windows\System32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100%...
  8. I have a blue screen error that shows the stop code: Inaccessible boot device.

9. how to fix blue screen unmountable boot volume on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix blue screen unmountable boot volume on windows 11?: Please answer me soon, how to fix the blue screen, when I turn on the laptop it shows the company logo, then the blue screen, then restarts and the same action repeats, stop code: unmountable boot volume and on windows 11...
  10. how to fix blue screen unmountable boot volume on windows 11?

how to fix blue screen unmountable boot volume on windows 11?: Please answer me soon, how to fix the blue screen, when I turn on the laptop it shows the company logo, then the blue screen, then restarts and the same action repeats, stop code: unmountable boot volume and on windows 11...