Windows 10: No windows opening after Windows 10

Discus and support No windows opening after Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a custom built computer that my has previous roommate built for me. Recently after I installed windows 10, my application icons have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by psychedelicfeve, Apr 30, 2016.

1. No windows opening after Windows 10

Hello,

I have a custom built computer that my has previous roommate built for me. Recently after I installed windows 10, my application icons have disappeared from my desktop and there are no windows that appear on the screen.

So I can click on an application and it appears at the bottom edge of the screen, but it never actually appears on the full screen. Is there a way I can revert it back to a time when this didn't happen or is it my graphics card that needs upgraded?

I just want to play a world of warcraft. I am more of a mac guy so I'm not sure how to solve this problem.

Thank you for your time.

:)

psychedelicfeve, Apr 30, 2016

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Apr 30, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Apr 30, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

No windows opening after Windows 10

Hi, a number of people have experienced losing the content of their desktops when upgrading to Win 10. If you only lost shortcuts, that's no great loss- but it is sthg that shouldn't happen of course.

I can't tell whether your PC is compatible with Win 10.. and it's a custom built PC so no manufacturer support on compatibility.

You can revert to your previous OS and working state (allowing for any changes made after the upgrade) provided you do it within 30 days of upgrading.
    Windows 10 - Go Back to Previous Windows - Windows 10 Forums

This may be your easiest path, albeit major changes always carry risk, hence we recommend using disk imaging (3rd party e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage, updating your image periodically and at key points.

dalchina, Apr 30, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

No windows opening after Windows 10

1. No windows opening after Windows 10 - Similar Threads - opening

2. HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...: I have no idea what to do I thought I could figure this out but I haven't been on the computer since Windows 7 my phone is about had it so I'm trying to extract valuable audio pictures etc I plug it in I saved what I could in a folder for some reason I was thinking if I put...
  3. HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...: I have no idea what to do I thought I could figure this out but I haven't been on the computer since Windows 7 my phone is about had it so I'm trying to extract valuable audio pictures etc I plug it in I saved what I could in a folder for some reason I was thinking if I put...
  4. how do i open an app that is not microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i open an app that is not microsoft: how do i open an app that is not microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-an-app-that-is-not-microsoft/60d9afa1-42c1-462f-8b59-0c3562549551
  5. Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications: I fresh installed windows 11 and it works immediately, but if I reboot my system it will only allow me about 3 seconds before all functions stop working. The computer works in safe mode/scannow comes up with no issuesI get a list of DCOM errors that are not resolved with...
  6. how do i open an app that is not microsoft

how do i open an app that is not microsoft: how do i open an app that is not microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-an-app-that-is-not-microsoft/60d9afa1-42c1-462f-8b59-0c3562549551
  7. Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications

Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications: I fresh installed windows 11 and it works immediately, but if I reboot my system it will only allow me about 3 seconds before all functions stop working. The computer works in safe mode/scannow comes up with no issuesI get a list of DCOM errors that are not resolved with...
  8. i cant open my windows defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant open my windows defender?: i tried all the troubleshooting options provided by co-pilot but its not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-my-windows-defender/ce650198-1717-4355-9542-36ec41f7d390
  9. i cant open my windows defender?

i cant open my windows defender?: i tried all the troubleshooting options provided by co-pilot but its not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-my-windows-defender/ce650198-1717-4355-9542-36ec41f7d390
  10. my microsoft store open nahi hora he

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my microsoft store open nahi hora he: my microsoft store not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-store-open-nahi-hora-he/a25db109-dd5b-4c88-bca3-83e8c36309db