Windows 10: No Windows Spotlight

Discus and support No Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I re-installed Creators update and changed the settings to show Windows Spotlight on the sign in and lock screens. Worked OK with the original update,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Blue Owl, May 6, 2017.

1. Blue Owl Win User

No Windows Spotlight

I re-installed Creators update and changed the settings to show Windows Spotlight on the sign in and lock screens. Worked OK with the original update, but not since re-installing (using the media tool).
    Any ideas how to get it to work again?

Thanks

:)

Blue Owl, May 6, 2017

2. Windows spotlight not working in Windows 10

windows spotlight not working. i have already changed my lock screen settings to windows spotlight.

Original title: Windows spotlight

HamzaBatth, May 6, 2017
  3. Time Lady Win User
    Time Lady, May 6, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

No Windows Spotlight

It's possible you may have to wait a day or so. I had spotlight disabled, and it was quite awkward getting it working again. When I did, it seemed to take 2-3 days.

dalchina, May 6, 2017
  5. Blue Owl Win User
    I never thought of that. Thanks

Blue Owl, May 6, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Also, have you set a metered connection? Mine is set for metered, which seems to restrict Spotlight activity. Once in a while I switch it to unmetered and Spotlight immediately downloads some new images which then appear on my lockscreen over the next day or so.

Bree, May 6, 2017
  7. Blue Owl Win User
    No metered connection.

Blue Owl, May 6, 2017
  8. Bastet Win User

No Windows Spotlight

Whenever i have to do a image restore (Macrium) I find Spotlight can take up to 48 hours to show me a new photo, I even use Brink's new tutorial to reset Spotlight & can find the same upto 48 hours before a fresh image shows.
    Last time I did this I left the pc on overnight & received a new photo within 24 hours.

Bastet, May 7, 2017
  9. Blue Owl Win User
    That seems to be it. I reinstalled Windows yesterday (for the 4th time) and this morning I had the Windows Spotlight. I just had to wait. Easy fix.

Blue Owl, May 7, 2017
  10. Bastet Win User
    It's a bit nerve wracking for me as before I clean installed the Creators update spotlight didn't work at all so am worrying until it shows a new photo.
    I'm realising that after running Brink's spotlight fix & seeing the standard red plane wing picture changing to a spotlight one is a positive sign it's working.

Bastet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No Windows Spotlight

1. No Windows Spotlight - Similar Threads - Spotlight

2. Win 11 windows spotlight pictures lock screen on 32:9 aspect ratio monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 windows spotlight pictures lock screen on 32:9 aspect ratio monitor: I love the Windows Spotlight pictures on the lock screen, but only a section of the pictures is displayed on my 32:9 aspect ratio monitor Samsung Odyssey 5120 x 1440. I'd rather see the full picture even if there are black areas left and right. Is there a fix?...
  3. Win 11 windows spotlight pictures lock screen on 32:9 aspect ratio monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 windows spotlight pictures lock screen on 32:9 aspect ratio monitor: I love the Windows Spotlight pictures on the lock screen, but only a section of the pictures is displayed on my 32:9 aspect ratio monitor Samsung Odyssey 5120 x 1440. I'd rather see the full picture even if there are black areas left and right. Is there a fix?...
  4. Windows spotlight not working since update windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows spotlight not working since update windows 11: As above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-not-working-since-update-windows/a2fa9e5d-8cec-40bd-adb8-414ae5a01e99
  5. Windows spotlight not working since update windows 11

Windows spotlight not working since update windows 11: As above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-not-working-since-update-windows/a2fa9e5d-8cec-40bd-adb8-414ae5a01e99
  6. Widgets and Desktop Spotlight icons are not hidden when entering Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widgets and Desktop Spotlight icons are not hidden when entering Safe Mode: When you enter Safe Mode with any variant on any Windows 11 build Assumingly build 22000 - 26100 - The widgets and "Learn about this picture" icons do not get set to hidden in Safe Mode despite them not being supported there due to multiple services being disabled there all...
  7. Widgets and Desktop Spotlight icons are not hidden when entering Safe Mode

Widgets and Desktop Spotlight icons are not hidden when entering Safe Mode: When you enter Safe Mode with any variant on any Windows 11 build Assumingly build 22000 - 26100 - The widgets and "Learn about this picture" icons do not get set to hidden in Safe Mode despite them not being supported there due to multiple services being disabled there all...
  8. Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 lock screen repeating the same images over and over?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 lock screen repeating the same images over and over?: I'm finding that the Windows 10 Spotlight lock screen is repeating images over and over again, even after I've rated it once, they come back and ask me to re-rate it again. This has been happening over the past year or so. In the past, you'd just get a new image and you'd...
  9. Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 lock screen repeating the same images over and over?

Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 lock screen repeating the same images over and over?: I'm finding that the Windows 10 Spotlight lock screen is repeating images over and over again, even after I've rated it once, they come back and ask me to re-rate it again. This has been happening over the past year or so. In the past, you'd just get a new image and you'd...
  10. Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 lock screen repeating the same images over and over?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen