Windows 10: No wireless internet on bootup

Discus and support No wireless internet on bootup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I've found myself with a new problem – almost every morning when I boot up I have no wireless internet. To fix it, I'll disconnect/connect or, if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dortmunder, Sep 10, 2017.

1. No wireless internet on bootup

Hi. I've found myself with a new problem – almost every morning when I boot up I have no wireless internet. To fix it, I'll disconnect/connect or, if that fails, I'll disable/enable the adapter. Obviously, I don't want to do this procedure every time so I'm wondering if anyone can suggest cause and cure?

My adapter is an Edimax nano USB. I have it set so that the PC CANNOT turn it off to save power and, under Power Options, the PC is set 'High' and the adapter 'Max'.

Thank you for any suggestions.

:)

dortmunder, Sep 10, 2017

2. Wi-Fi is on // No connection (after Windows Update)

On Oct 13 windows updated.

The update must've invited malware into my computer. I tried to run my antivirus after the update but it said there's no connection. Google chrome lost connection as well and then I got a pop-up saying that Windows Defender found and blocked a "Severe Trojan
    threat". So I deleted it and I still don't have connection... (weirdly) the only thing that works is the Explorer app. I have internet; the Wi-Fi works just fine but, everything else doesn't connect. It's something internal that must be causing
    the problem and it all started after the update.

P.S.

It also changed my network from private to public so I had to fix that.

And YES, I did allow these programs through the Firewall so that's not the problem.

No Internet, Sep 10, 2017
  3. Wi-Fi is on // No connection (after Windows Update)

still isn't working.

No Internet, Sep 10, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

No wireless internet on bootup

It has been a issue for quite a while. You can try and turn on Legacy devices and check the rest of your bios settings. The other problem may be that your motherboard does not send enough voltage through the USB port to keep that IRQ assigned to the USB device powered with enough voltage from cold boot, through Bios/POST, then hand off to the OS, which is still working with the Bios to find out a inventory of connected devices to the motherboard, then into the Boot process that takes the inventory of connected devices to verify if any updated drivers or changes in Device Manager, Windows Update to finish installing any previous updates or figure out if there is a problem that needs to be fixed and so on. All of this happens in a blink of a eye and at most, a minute or so.

bro67, Sep 10, 2017
Thema:

No wireless internet on bootup

1. No wireless internet on bootup - Similar Threads - wireless internet bootup

2. Wireless internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless internet connection: I am unable to connect my desktop to any wireless internet connections. It shows THE WINDOWS WIRELESS SERVICE IS NOT RUNNING , Can someone help me out ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-internet-connection/6760307a-d64f-49a1-9909-b12f80d55392
  3. Wireless internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless internet connection: I am unable to connect my desktop to any wireless internet connections. It shows THE WINDOWS WIRELESS SERVICE IS NOT RUNNING , Can someone help me out ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-internet-connection/6760307a-d64f-49a1-9909-b12f80d55392
  4. Internet wireless

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet wireless: It is one week I cant connect wireless to Internet. I need help. S https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-wireless/c5a213fa-398d-4c79-a2e1-1311fcd22f3b
  5. NETWORK(WIRELESS) AND INTERNET

NETWORK(WIRELESS) AND INTERNET: I can not find the wifi adapter I tried to check even in the list of drivers but I can not find it there is only ethernet driver that I find https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networkwireless-and-internet/3f7506af-8454-43c6-8aa7-2eb25f1a1fc6
  6. Wireless internet issue - maybe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless internet issue - maybe: Desktop waiting for new parts, using laptop in the meantime, never checked the d/l speed on the laptop before, find I am only getting 25 MB of the 100 MB available. Put in a Netgear USB wireless adapter, get the full 100 MB d/l speed. HP ENVY x360 Convertible - Intel...
  7. Wireless Internet Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Internet Adapter: So my PC was lagging as usual and I was in my task manager ending some unnecessary things and I must’ve ended a Network Service or something and now It’s saying it has driver problems but I deleted and re-installed all my drivers and now I can’t connect to the internet....
  8. printer on internet wireless

printer on internet wireless: I can not get my laptop to print to printer Epson wf3640 it has worked before I took my laptop to Ohio and now I m back in Fl. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-on-internet-wireless/61cce6a7-b3d7-41e1-85cf-c3567a7accfc
  9. lost wireless internet

lost wireless internet: a red x has appeared on my Realtek pcie GBE family controller. How to I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/lost-wireless-internet/b5247d07-9a65-4556-8cce-2c21a367750a
  10. No Internet for 30/60 seconds after bootup.

No Internet for 30/60 seconds after bootup.: Issue copied from reddit /windows10 as i'm having the same issue.. Hi all, I've had this issue for a while and haven't really bothered to do anything about it till now. Since I upgrade to Win10 some months ago, I've noticed that every time I start or reboot my PC my...