Windows 10: No Wireless networks found after update to 1511

Discus and support No Wireless networks found after update to 1511 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just updated my media center to version 1511 of windows 10. Via wifi, downloaded and installed ok i thought. But have found i cannot see any wireless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by subby, Nov 29, 2015.

1. subby Win User

No Wireless networks found after update to 1511

I just updated my media center to version 1511 of windows 10. Via wifi, downloaded and installed ok i thought. But have found i cannot see any wireless networks. Normally about 7 up in my area.

I've tried uninstalled the device and installing it again.
    I've tried checking for newer drivers, but isn't any.
    I've tried resetting these in command prompt (admin) net sch advfirewall, int ip, int ipv6, winsock and rebooted afterwards.
    I've tried plugging the usb wifi adapter into a different usb port.
    I've tried restarting the Router. Mobile phone picks up wifi in the same room.

Dunno what else to try so I'm asking here for assistance.

:)

subby, Nov 29, 2015

2. Update 3172985 - No Wireless Networks after install

Hi Cheryl,

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with internet on the computer.

You might experience network or Internet connection issues in Windows for a number of reasons. Some common issues that can cause these problems are:

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • There's interference from other devices.
    • Your router and the network adapter in your PC might not work together.
    I suggest you to refer the below article on Fix network connection issues
    and check if that helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

If you are sure you lost internet connection due to the update, you may hide the update so that it wont get installed in the future. Please follow the below link to know how to hide Windows update.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Please reply in case you have any further issues, we are happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Nov 29, 2015
  3. Update 3172985 - No Wireless Networks after install

On my Dell Latitude 3540 laptop, following the automatic installation of
    (for Windows 10 version 1511), no wireless networks were available.

The symptoms included: no wireless networks in the list, the device driver for my wireless adapter read "the device is working properly," and various attempts to update the driver, shutdown, restart Windows 10, etc. yielded no improvements.

For now, I have uninstalled the update, and immediately my wireless adapter began working properly again and my laptop rejoined my office's wireless network right away once the system rebooted following the uninstallation of 3172985.

I'm concerned that Windows 10 will reinstall this update (I can't seem to find a way to prevent it from installing in the future). But I'm also uncertain as to what portion of the update caused this issue.

HarvestCheryl, Nov 29, 2015
  4. subby Win User

Managed to fix it myself. Found the original disc with the drivers on it installed them and wireless networks were visible again yay!.

Windows 10 must of installed 2 drivers and removed the original drivers i installed. As rollback driver didn't solve the problem either, and was different version to the driver on the disc.

subby, Nov 29, 2015
Thema:

1. No Wireless networks found after update to 1511 - Similar Threads - Wireless networks found

2. Killer Wireless 1535 Wireless Network Adapter not working after 2H22 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Killer Wireless 1535 Wireless Network Adapter not working after 2H22 update.: Drivers are up to date, I've attempted network reset, disable/enable and an uninstall. Reverting back to previous windows update solves problem. Is there a way to get my network adapter to work on the newest update?...
  3. Killer Wireless 1535 Wireless Network Adapter not working after 2H22 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Killer Wireless 1535 Wireless Network Adapter not working after 2H22 update.: Drivers are up to date, I've attempted network reset, disable/enable and an uninstall. Reverting back to previous windows update solves problem. Is there a way to get my network adapter to work on the newest update?...
  4. Wireless not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless not found: Hi, i am David. I have been having issue with my Asus X551MA windows 10 PC wireless after automatic windows update. The problem started last week, some times the wireless will come up by itself. After since yesterday the wireless refuse to come up. I have try every fix...
  5. No wireless networks found

No wireless networks found: Dear microsoft team, I had been using Windows 10 for over 3 months now, I was using windows 10 home and I found out that my system stopped recognizing wireless networks. It is not because of any malware. So i have tried each and every troubleshooting steps possible and now...
  6. Updated Version 1511 to anniversary update, 1607, but still at 1511

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updated Version 1511 to anniversary update, 1607, but still at 1511: Hello all. Running windows 10 pro 64 bit. I've updated from Version 1511 to the anniversary update, 1607. Or at least, I thought I did. The update went well, no hiccups, no errors. Used windows update, let it downloaded and install and rebooted. Alas, system...
  7. Bug after 1511 update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Bug after 1511 update: Ihave a dell inspiron 620s computer. AfterWindows 10 1511 big update, icons rearrange to left whenever computerwake up from sleep. It's a matter of driver? If it is, where can Ifind it? I scanned at Intel and it said that no driver needed. Graphiccard: AMD Radeon HD 6450...
  8. Network icon disappeared from Taskbar after Windows Update 1511 10586

Network icon disappeared from Taskbar after Windows Update 1511 10586: Hi, After I updated to the latest Windows 10 "upgrade" (Build 1511, 10586) released yesterday thru Windows Update, my system shows only the Wi-Fi icon on Taskbar instead of the Ethernet Network icon which it used to display earlier. I have a wired broadband connection, and...
  9. Disrupted network after upgrade to 1511

Disrupted network after upgrade to 1511: Hi, Two of my three-computer network upgraded to W10 1511 from 10240, and ever since these two won’t see each other in their respective Network folder. The remainder can see them both but it is still a W10 10240, which indicates that there is a problem with the latest...
  10. Problem after update to Windows 1511

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem after update to Windows 1511: After the update, Occasionally the window button that gets me to All Apps, Power, Settings and File explorer does not work. Neither does clicking on the Action Center Icon in the SYS Tray. To correct the problem I have to reboot. Any ideas on what's wrong? I can access all...