Windows 10: Noise and Sound Distortion with Wifi Traffic

Discus and support Noise and Sound Distortion with Wifi Traffic in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey jack, Yes, I haven't updated the wireless driver recently; the last driver was in 2014 so I think I probably last installed it when I got the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jackzh, Mar 27, 2016.

1. jackzh Win User

Noise and Sound Distortion with Wifi Traffic

Hopefully! *Biggrin

By the way, reinstalling the sound card driver did NOT help at all...

jackzh, Apr 10, 2016
  2. jackzh Win User
    jackzh, Apr 11, 2016
  3. jackzh Win User
    This new Windows 10 update (Windows 10 update history - Windows Help
    ) "improved reliability for Internet Explorer 11, .NET Framework, wireless LAN, Microsoft Edge, Windows Update, logon, Bluetooth, network connectivity, map apps, video playback, Cortana, USB, Windows Explorer, and Narrator".

Hopefully it fixes our problem! *Biggrin

jackzh, Apr 13, 2016
  4. snjx123 Win User

Updated, still happening *Sad There seem to be a lot of people experiencing it at least, so hopefully it'll be fixed at some point soon...

snjx123, Apr 14, 2016
  5. jackzh Win User
    Hey snjx123,

What I tried in addition to the Windows update is to make sure the most up-to-date Intel wireless driver was correctly installed. (Apparently, even though the installation software said it was successfully installed, Windows silently refused this driver, as it's not Microsoft approved. I had to manually pick it from the driver list to get it done against Microsoft's recommendation).

So far I haven't had those bad distortions. Some weird popping noise here and there, but they're more tolerable than not being able to play something at all. (And seriously considering Mac now...)

Perhaps you can give it a try and install the most recent wireless driver for your wifi and see if it makes a difference?

jackzh, Apr 15, 2016
  6. Wil01 Win User
    Hi First I do not speak English I am using google translator. I had the same problem and solved by disabling in my antivirus (BitDefender) the "Block port scans in the network". which is in firewall.

Wil01, Apr 16, 2016
  7. essenbe Win User
    The official Qualcom Web site is QUALCOMM / ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows (Atheros的驅動程序)

essenbe, Apr 16, 2016
  8. Wil01 Win User

Yes I know but I did not find the official website Qualcomm this version 10.0.0.336 that solved my problems only found on other sites on google has other websites with this version.

Wil01, Apr 16, 2016
  9. tsaylor Win User
    I've been having this same problem as well, on a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro with Intel Wireless AC 7260. But I found a few similar threads, which included a solution related to Bitdefender, and it worked for me too! So now I'm wondering how many of you are also running Bitdefender (or possibly another antivirus solution with similar features).

Here's what seems to have solved it for me: Within Bitdefender 2016, click the down arrow to view the Modules, choose the Firewall section, and turn off "Block port scans in the network".

tsaylor, Apr 18, 2016
  10. jackzh Win User
    Tsaylor, I'm using Bitdefender, and turning off "block port scans" seems to be working!! (Don't know how safe it is...)

Also see this thread: Sound crackling, clicking etc. when playing sounds - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

jackzh, Apr 19, 2016
  11. pjsinc Win User
    Thanks tsaylor!!! This fully solved the issue for me. It seems that BitDefender doesn't work well with routers that have HW firewall stopping the port scans. After a few hours BD ends up with huge amount of open connections (in state FIN_WAIT_2) which slow the PC to complete standstill whenever any network activity is happening. And none of this is of course visible in the process list...

pjsinc, Apr 19, 2016
  12. jackzh Win User
  13. jackzh Win User

An update from BitDefender:

Thank you for your response. We apologize for not getting back to you sooner.

The issue has been acknowledged by our developers and is currently being worked on for a fix. The fix will be done by means of automatic update and won't require any additional action from your part.

In the meantime, please keep 'Block Port Scans in the network' off under Modules > Firewall.

We will let you know about the fix as soon as we launch it. Thank you for your support and patience.

jackzh, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Noise and Sound Distortion with Wifi Traffic - Similar Threads - Noise Sound Distortion

2. SOUND DISTORTION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOUND DISTORTION: HELLO,I HAVE A HORRIBLE PROBLEM HERE, THE SOUND THAT COMES OUT OF THE SPEAKERS IS TOTALLY DISTORTED!I TRIED WITH 2 DIFFERENT SOUND CARDS... THE SAME RESULT: TOTAL DISTORTION.I HAVE LOWERED THE SAMPLING, UNINSTALL/INSTALL DRIVERS... END RESULT: THE SAME DISTORTION HERE ARE MY...
  3. SOUND DISTORTION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SOUND DISTORTION: HELLO,I HAVE A HORRIBLE PROBLEM HERE, THE SOUND THAT COMES OUT OF THE SPEAKERS IS TOTALLY DISTORTED!I TRIED WITH 2 DIFFERENT SOUND CARDS... THE SAME RESULT: TOTAL DISTORTION.I HAVE LOWERED THE SAMPLING, UNINSTALL/INSTALL DRIVERS... END RESULT: THE SAME DISTORTION HERE ARE MY...
  4. distorted sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    distorted sound: distortion comes and goes every few sentences of song verses. Under audio it just says High definition audio speakers. Can this be something I can add to change to something better? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it helps for 5 minutes then starts again. its an HP...
  5. distorted sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    distorted sound: distortion comes and goes every few sentences of song verses. Under audio it just says High definition audio speakers. Can this be something I can add to change to something better? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it helps for 5 minutes then starts again. its an HP...
  6. distorted sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Distorted Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Distorted Sound: I'm on 20H2 build SO 19042.746 but is not te problem. I've been trying to fix the distorted sound coming out of my notebook for a long time without success. In this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...a-2535c7cd56c8 at point 9 I restarted the first two services ,...
  8. Static noises / distortion in audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Static noises / distortion in audio: I have a problem with static noises / distortion in my speakers, after launching PC these noises appears right away while I play some videos or music. I found the only way to remove them - is restarting PC, after that, all noises disappears. But this solution is not enough...
  9. distorted sound

distorted sound: the sound of my computer is wrong, it sounds very bad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distorted-sound/27ae741b-4c75-40b9-8e01-c71796765919
  10. Distorted Sounds

Distorted Sounds: My sound ever since i got a new mother board got distorted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distorted-sounds/0901ceb5-0dea-458a-867f-341aedf30649