Windows 10: Noise cancellation suddenly not working properly in Skype

Discus and support Noise cancellation suddenly not working properly in Skype in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ever since upgrading to Win 10, people in Skype calls say they can hear my system sounds coming back through my mic. I've never had this problem before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SM125, Aug 13, 2015.

1. SM125 Win User

Noise cancellation suddenly not working properly in Skype

Ever since upgrading to Win 10, people in Skype calls say they can hear my system sounds coming back through my mic. I've never had this problem before and have turned all of the noise cancellation features that I had on, back on.

I went into Voice Recorder and played some loud music through my headphones whilst talking, and, like usual, it didn't pick any of the music up at all, so is this just a bug with Skype at the moment or am I missing something?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

:)

SM125, Aug 13, 2015
  2. ulaganath Win User

E52: sound trouble during calls

seems that the noise cancellation is malfunctioning. send it to nokia care and make sure the mic is properly working.

ulaganath, Aug 13, 2015
  3. XDX29 Win User
    Speech to text windows 10

You may need a better microphone with noise canceling and/or go to configuration/improved speech recognition. Some laptops or tablets don't cancel out noise. If I may suggest a headset and FYI, speech recognition works OK, but there is third party software like
    Nuance Dragon Naturally Speaking Basics that is about $50.00. But it is all about having a good mic and pronouncing the words properly. good luck, hopefully this was helpful.

P.s. I use stock speech recognition all the time. That is how I wrote this message. The stock speech recognition can be a pain once in awhile, a specially if you can't pronounce words properly.

XDX29, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

Noise cancellation suddenly not working properly in Skype

1. Noise cancellation suddenly not working properly in Skype - Similar Threads - Noise cancellation suddenly

2. acoustic echo cancellation and noise suppression not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    acoustic echo cancellation and noise suppression not working: After I got my windows 11 upgrade, I realized that I couldn't enable acoustic echo cancellation and noise suppression on my Realtek audio console. Whenever I click the box, nothing happens. here is a pic....
  3. acoustic echo cancellation and noise suppression not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    acoustic echo cancellation and noise suppression not working: After I got my windows 11 upgrade, I realized that I couldn't enable acoustic echo cancellation and noise suppression on my Realtek audio console. Whenever I click the box, nothing happens. here is a pic....
  4. Laptop CPU fan making noise and probably not working properly...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop CPU fan making noise and probably not working properly...: My 8 year old HP Envy dv7 laptop still works fine, although the flex cables, connectors, etc. inside are weak both due to age related wear & tear, as well as the fact that I have opened my laptop a few times which I hate to do given how difficult they have made it.Since last...
  5. USB Microphone - No Noise Cancellation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Microphone - No Noise Cancellation: Hello,I have a problem with my USB Microphone Tracer Digital USB PRO Guide. I can't enable Noise Cancellation on it.Windows is not supporting it with Realtek Drivers, but some generic USB drivers that do not include Special EffectsI just want to enable such an option, because...
  6. Automatic Noise Cancellation?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic Noise Cancellation?: Idk what could be causing this, but when I speak for extending periods of time on Discord or anything to do where it records my voice, after a few seconds of speaking it basically makes my voice quieter by 50+%. submitted by /u/AndyBlueFox [link] [comments]...
  7. Noise cancelling always active on my micophone

Noise cancelling always active on my micophone: Hello for christmas I got a new computer and wanted to install the newest realthek driver, then when i tried the sound quality of my USB microphone the sound sounded like a noise canceller was active. I tried everything I could do in the parameters but nothing changed so I...
  8. Noise Cancelling Programm?

Noise Cancelling Programm?: Hello, do any of you know a program that can record sounds with my microphone and fade them out for me by playing this sound in inverted frequency through my headphones? LG Noise Cancelling Programm?
  9. Problem with noise suppression and acoustic echo cancellation.

Problem with noise suppression and acoustic echo cancellation.: So i have a problem with my microphone bcs my friends hear everything, my pc sounds and themselves. My microphone is picking up all my PC sounds. I read that you have to turn off the stereo mix but it didn't help. Then I read that you need to enable noise suppression and the...
  10. Problem with noise suppression and acoustic echo cancellation.

Problem with noise suppression and acoustic echo cancellation.: So i have a problem with my microphone bcs my friends hear everything, my pc sounds and themselves. My microphone is picking up all my PC sounds. I read that you have to turn off the stereo mix but it didn't help. Then I read that you need to enable noise suppression and the...