Windows 10: non-internet popups

Discus and support non-internet popups in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i keep getting these very annoying popups in the lower right. one is for cc cleaner. they want me to buy their paid version. another is 'your outlook... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sarap, May 4, 2017.

1. sarap Win User

non-internet popups

i keep getting these very annoying popups in the lower right. one is for cc cleaner. they want me to buy their paid version. another is 'your outlook settings are out of date' and then there are all the email alerts. i know how to stop internet popups but how do i stop these?

:)

sarap, May 4, 2017

2. Counterflix popup problem

cant stop popup coming. counterflix popup...

Moved from Internet Explorer

Fitnatuniblis, May 4, 2017
  3. John369XP Win User
    scam virus protection/defense

You are not alone with the popups, If you are connected to the web, popup blocker will not stop this. I have several times had to restart and then the popup would again popup. I found the only way to stop it was to boot in safe mode clear the internet
    junk and then reboot. This would get rid of the popups. Until the next time a rogue popup takes over my machine.

John369XP, May 4, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

non-internet popups

They're notifications for various apps & programs,
    To turn them off:
    1. Click the Action Center icon in the System Tray.
    2. Right-click a notification.
    3. Select "Turn off notifications for this app".

Bastet, May 4, 2017
  5. sarap Win User
    i shouldn't be getting any! so i'm trying this. i turned the main button on and de-selected the most annoying ones.

sarap, May 4, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    It has become a fact-of-life that installing most free programs will cause the user to endure such pop-ups. Obviously the software vendors want to make money. I find such pop-ups much less offensive than the phone calls suggesting they are the IRS and making threats about owing taxes. Three such calls in 2 weeks, latest from 1-206-489-2414 out of the Seattle, WA, area.

Berton, May 4, 2017
  7. If you don't pay for the product, you are the product.

Can't remember where I read this but it stuck.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

non-internet popups

1. non-internet popups - Similar Threads - non internet popups

2. Slow to non-existent download speeds with great internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow to non-existent download speeds with great internet.: As stated in title my speedtest download is 300mb+ but my game downloads are sub 20kb. I know I shouldn't expect the download speeds to be 1 to 1 but this is insane. As far as I've seen everything is updated....
  3. Internet non-utilization

Internet non-utilization: Hello, I'm not exactly sure how to even explain the issue....My PC wont utilize my internet connection to even 1% of it's capacity, not hyperbole. When it worked, I was hitting >100mb/s, now task manager gives me a 30kb/s on a good day. The strangest part though, is it...
  4. What's this internet popup in Windows 10 Edge? Facebook?

in Browsers and Email
    What's this internet popup in Windows 10 Edge? Facebook?: I've seen this popup a few times. I wondered what it's about as I've not had any internet connection problems that I'm aware of. It seems to be associated with Facebook (tab in Edge). It appears in the bottom left, unlike most other notifications. I'm using WiFi to connect....
  5. Is Not Connecting to Internet a Side Effect of Non Activated Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Not Connecting to Internet a Side Effect of Non Activated Windows?: Is Not Connecting to Internet a Side Effect of Non Activated Windows? submitted by /u/ItsLightning17 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ji1475/is_not_connecting_to_internet_a_side_effect_of/
  6. Intermittent non access to internet, depite connecting to WIFI.

Intermittent non access to internet, depite connecting to WIFI.: Hello, I have a small network with two laptops Windows 10, linked to Internet via WIFI let us call it SSID, a modem/router Fritzbox 7530 and a Printer linked through Ethernet cable to the modem/router. From time to time, the Wifi deconnects from the internet, at that point...
  7. ?Unable to download applications (non Microsoft) from internet.

?Unable to download applications (non Microsoft) from internet.: I belong to a subscription game club. However, recently I am unable to log into that account and I get a message that I am not connected to the internet, when I am. I was also unable to download an anti-virus application and received the same no-internet connection...
  8. Does a non-genuin version of Windows cause popups?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Does a non-genuin version of Windows cause popups?: Hello, I restored one of my machines to an image made from an identical PC using acronis so my volume license was removed. I am having trouble activating my extra copy of windows 10 for workstations on it and it's VERY urgent that i get this machine running smoothly. My...
  9. Internet works on non window store apps

Internet works on non window store apps: Internet seems to work on every thing that is not a windows store app for some reason it says im not connect to ethernet which i am ive tried everything i get a error when i try to buy or open window 10 store i get error message if you could help it would be a huge...
  10. Internet Security Warning popup in WLM 2012

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Security Warning popup in WLM 2012: Anyone have a fix for the Internet Security Warning Popup in WLM 2012. Security certificate cannot be verified is the short version of this popup. If you say yes you can continue, if no you end up with a wlm error 0x800CCC1A. Cannot find a fix. 76393