Windows 10: Non-powered Speakers and Windows 10

Discus and support Non-powered Speakers and Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have some older Polk Audio computer speakers. I recently bought a refurbished HP with Win10 and the speakers don't work. Yes, I've gone through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DV1, Jun 26, 2018.

1. DV1
    DV1 Win User

Non-powered Speakers and Windows 10

I have some older Polk Audio computer speakers. I recently bought a refurbished HP with Win10 and the speakers don't work. Yes, I've gone through the myriad of suggestions found online re RealTek , etc., but with no success. I asked a tech at Fry's and he said it won't work with non-powered, I have to get powered speakers. Is that right? By the way, internal speaker works and also headset.

Thanks

Daniel

:)

2. No speaker sound for non admin users

Hej.

Windows 10 Home (64), version 10.0.15063 updated as of today (21 Sep 2017) on a ASUS V230IC.

If I use an administrator account i have sound both from built in speakers and when I plug in headphones I have sound in them.

But if I login with a non admin acccount I have no sound from speakers but I have sound in headphones, when plugged in.

I have been in contact with ASUS support but did not get any solution other than "reinstall".

So I reinstalled using the reinstall option in W10, but did not resolve the problem. A number of ASUS applications got installed in the "reinstall".

Reinstalled again but this time with a Microsoft DVD to get a clean install with no ASUS applications.

OK, I had to download and install ASUS driver for sound card:

• Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.7647

ASUS Audio Sound Control Driver V1.00.02
    but the same problem.

More testing:

• Start computer
    • Login as an administrator, speaker sound OK
    • Switch to a non admin account, speaker sound OK
    • Reboot computer
    • Login to a non admin account, no speaker sound, but headphones OK, when connected.
    And yes, I have used the Windows Troubleshooter but did not solve the problem.

Any suggestion?

/Sten-Åke

Sten-Åke Werner, Jun 26, 2018
  3. No speaker sound for non admin users

Hej, again

Stopped all Startup/Services, but no change.

Non-powered Speakers and Windows 10 9e8ab48c-f7c4-41fd-8534-0961bbf43f07.png

Non-powered Speakers and Windows 10 558507f2-0f4a-40f1-9531-ecdb23873362.png

Tests I made:

• Start computer
    • Login with a non admin account
    • No speaker sound when I change speaker volume
    • Switch to an admin account. I get speaker sound when I change speaker volume
    • Sign out from admin account and switch back to non admin account. Sound when changing speaker volume

Any more suggestions?

/Sten-Åke

Sten-Åke Werner, Jun 26, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Non-powered Speakers and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Non powered Speakers

2. windows 10 sound coming thru tower; speakers have power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 sound coming thru tower; speakers have power: windows 10 sound coming thru tower; speakers have power https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sound-coming-thru-tower-speakers-have/bb4bd23e-2e20-45a5-a68e-49dcbad72219
  3. windows 10 sound coming thru tower; speakers have power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 sound coming thru tower; speakers have power: windows 10 sound coming thru tower; speakers have power https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sound-coming-thru-tower-speakers-have/bb4bd23e-2e20-45a5-a68e-49dcbad72219
  4. windows 10 sound coming thru tower; speakers have power

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Power Shell Explanation for non-technical Windows user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Shell Explanation for non-technical Windows user: Several iterations back of Windows Power Shell began to open on startup in the form of three overlapping windows. Even when I close the windows the icon remains on the bottom tray.I have read the previous Power Shell posts but as a non-technical user they mean next to nothing...
  6. Power Shell Explanation for non-technical Windows user

Power Shell Explanation for non-technical Windows user: Several iterations back of Windows Power Shell began to open on startup in the form of three overlapping windows. Even when I close the windows the icon remains on the bottom tray.I have read the previous Power Shell posts but as a non-technical user they mean next to nothing...
  7. Power Shell Explanation for non-technical Windows user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. DFX Audio Enhancer turn my speakers to non stereo speaker.

in Windows 10 Customization
    DFX Audio Enhancer turn my speakers to non stereo speaker.: Hi, I installed DFX Audio Enhancer then I uninstalled it and I found afterwards my laptop speakers are not stereo anymore, I bought new Bluetooth speakers and installed DFX, then uninstalled it to find my Bluetooth speaker become not stereo too, I'm in this problem for 10...
  9. Speakers Powering Off Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers Powering Off Unexpectedly: System: Win10 Pro 64-bit build 19042.868 ASUS Model G703GX Frequency of occurrence: about every 45 minutes Detailed description I have a Sony SRS-XB20 Bluetooth speaker. For about a week now, after about 45 minutes listening to music iTunes the speaker powers off. I do...
  10. Using non PC speakers and mic for Facebook Messenger

Using non PC speakers and mic for Facebook Messenger: I had my Bluetooth headset connected to my PC, when I received a Facebook Messenger voice call in the Windows App on Windows 10 pro on a Dell laptop. The caller was silent, but could hear me. I switched my windows audio output device to speakers, and it still didn't work -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. v230ic sound problem

2. asus v230ic no sound