Windows 10: Non standard wallpaper background colors

Discus and support Non standard wallpaper background colors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi guys, I'm a photographer and work mostly with black and white images. I took the jump from win7 to win10 today and in setting my wallpaper as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bluphoto, Aug 7, 2015.

1. bluphoto Win User

Non standard wallpaper background colors

Hi guys,
    I'm a photographer and work mostly with black and white images. I took the jump from win7 to win10 today and in setting my wallpaper as "centered" (not fill or stretch etc) I am faced with not being able to choose an appropriate background color to go "behind" the wallpaper.
    How can I get a simple black or white background color to go behind / around my wallpaper image. There are plenty reds, purples, greens and blues, but precious few neutrals.
    I want to be able to select background color by RGB code or a 24-bit palette.
    thanks
    Guy

:)

bluphoto, Aug 7, 2015

2. Change the Color of Individual Live Tiles Windows 10

I too noticed that tile colors appeared to change randomly. One day they were blue, the next green and today they are red. Turns out that the tile color is automatically picked up from the background wallpaper. I use Bing Desktop which among other things
    daily sets my computer's wallpaper to a interesting and colorful background.

Settings -> Colors -> Automatically pick an accent color from my background

Simon Ferguson, Aug 7, 2015
  3. White Lined Border around Desktop Icon after I click on it

Hi Kenneth,

To answer your query, the Desktop icon fonts are dynamic and will show white on dark backgrounds and change to white with a black shadow effect on a light background.
    Desktop wallpaper images have varying colors, it is easy for the font colors being unreadable if they are on top of the same color as a wallpaper image. For instance, a black font on top of a dark part of the background image or a white font on
    a white part of a background image.

Thank you.

Marivel Man, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Guy, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you like, a workaround would be to use mspaint.exe with the image and a background color you want, then use that custom image for your desktop background.

Brink, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

1. Non standard wallpaper background colors - Similar Threads - Non standard wallpaper

2. colors of background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    colors of background: I don't have any idea what I did. The background right now is black. So is the taskbar, desktop, etc. There are still icons showing, but I have tried all the settings ideas and it doesn't change it back to the white background that it used to have and the blue taskbar, plus...
  3. background color

in Windows 10 Customization
    background color: my screen has changed to a black background for games etc and I wish to turn it back to white. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-color/0e685942-3818-49bb-bd2b-fae2c3eff17a
  4. Setting wallpaper to specific image sets background to "solid color"

Setting wallpaper to specific image sets background to "solid color": I can go to the Personalization settings and select an image, and it works fine. But for a few images, trying to set my background to them just changes the option automatically to "solid color" and my background becomes a black screen. I've tried deleting all the files in...
  5. background colors

background colors: A couple days ago, when Windows 10 performed its automatic update, I was left with the color of my backgrounds all black. I want my taskbar black, my desktop a picture and all other backgrounds white. I was able to get the picture back on the desktop BUT, I cannot have the...
  6. Background color

Background color: I somehow managed to change my background color to black. Not Good. New to 10. Don't know how I made change; therefore, I am unable to find out how to change it to something else. Somehow changed color on front first page to color I wanted on every page there after....
  7. standard color

standard color: how can I get back to standard colors on my screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standard-color/f82e058b-4b14-4caf-bd56-4f319dfeff01
  8. background color

background color: How do I go back to default background color? I played around and pushed the wrong buttons and it is a mess. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-color/4356bbb0-f945-4328-899c-6a45f00714e4
  9. Background wallpaper

Background wallpaper: In Windows 7 you could set a sideshow as a Main Folder and it would pick up all subsidiary folders also, so that the random shots would trawl through all folders. In Windows 10 it seems you can only nominate 1 folder. Is there a way around that? Thx...
  10. wallpaper/backgrounds

wallpaper/backgrounds: My win 10 home edition will not let me change my wallpaper anymore since the Oct. update. I have tried every fix I can find on the internet and none of them work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpaperbackgrounds/af486ca3-6b31-4d3e-a8d0-68eab56808ef