Windows 10: Non-stop random BSOD's in a new build

Discus and support Non-stop random BSOD's in a new build in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Intro I've been getting BSOD's at random since I built this system around two months ago. I've looked for help via friends, Reddit and my own... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shadowfax1007, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Non-stop random BSOD's in a new build

Intro

I've been getting BSOD's at random since I built this system around two months ago. I've looked for help via friends, Reddit and my own technical knowledge but have so far not come up with a solution. I'm going crazy and desperate for a solution now - it's a brand new build that I should be enjoying, not wanting to throw out the window.

Specs

i5 6500
    ASUS H110M-A (BIOS v503)
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR4
    Samsung 850 Evo SSD WD 1TB HDD
    MSI R9 380 4GB
    Windows 10

What I've Tried

• Refresh Install
    • Clean Install
    • Installed all Windows Updates
    • Installed latest GPU drivers
    • Installed all current device drivers
    • Memtest86 with One Pass (all clear)
    • Memtest86 for 36 hours (all clear)
    • Windows Memory Diagnostic (all clear)
    • SFC (all clear)
    • Switched ram from Slot 1 to Slot 2 (same result)

Additional Information

• I can't seem to find a trigger. I've had the BSOD's occur after booting, a few hours into using my PC, whilst gaming. An example would be today playing League of Legends I had about 3 BSOD's in 2 hours, yet I played The Division for an hour with no crashes.
    • I don't know a lot about RAM but I'm using DDR4 2400mhz in a motherboard that only supports DDR4 2133mhz. Looking at the BIOS and it seems to display that information correctly so I don't know if there is an issue there.

:)

Shadowfax1007, Mar 14, 2016
  2. C-aLica Win User

random Freezing leads to BSOD. I give up.

Stop code is random.

like CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION..

I've got multiple BSOD and the stop code is that random.

right now after multiple debugging the issue, I hypothetically assume it's my nvme fault.

I've ordered a new nvme drive and gonna retest the system if this will works.

C-aLica, Mar 14, 2016
  3. BenEng1 Win User
    Constant nonstop computer crashing/freezing?

This has happened in the past, but every once in a while, which is today my computer has just non stop froze/crashed. I have done nothing to the computer, or downloaded anything which would cause this. Everytime I power off and restart, I can use the computer
    for 1-2 minutes until it freezes or has a random BSOD or starts in startup recovery, which then it freezes and wont even let me choose an option. I am considering scrapping my pc and building my own, since this is a Lenovo Ideacentre Y900

BenEng1, Mar 14, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Non-stop random BSOD's in a new build

If you didn't perform MemTest86+, please run MemTest86+.
    Non-stop random BSOD's in a new build [​IMG]
    Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.
    Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test. Please run CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID, open it and make screenshots of the following tabs
    • CPU
    • Mainboard
    • Memory
    • SPD*
    • Graphics
    *SPD shows the details of each module, you can show the details by choosing different slots in the left upper corner.
    Please make screenshots of each module.

Please post each screenshot in your next reply/replies.

The same device is giving WER's in 8 other reports, what device is this? I can't find it back in msinfo32.nfo.
    Code: 15/03/2016 3:38 AM Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: PnPRequestAdditionalSoftware Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: x64 P2: USB\VID_056A&PID_0302&REV_0100&MI_01 P3: 10.0.0.0 P4: 0409 P5: input.inf P6: * P7: P8: P9: P10: Attached files: These files may be available here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\NonCritical_x64_a45b16bee463a1d692b25faf2e552567e5616a_00000000_01430133 Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report Id: 33cc6699-da07-11e5-bd00-305a3a04f965 Report Status: 8192 Hashed bucket:[/quote]

5. [/quote] I'll post CPU-Z screenshots soon, just need a minute to take them all.

In the mean time, is there a way to further investigate what device is throwing WER's? You said you can't see it in msinfo32.nfo, so is there somewhere I can check?

Thanks

6. axe0 New Member
    I search msinfo32 for the vid and/or pid, I also checked manually but I couldn't find anything that compares with the vid
    Code: P2: USB\VID_056A&PID_0302&REV_0100&MI_01[/quote]

7. [/quote] Searching VID_056A in google shows it links to a WACOM tablet, which I have. But I haven't used it except for once and it's never plugged in. The BSOD"s occured before then too. Weird.

8. Non-stop random BSOD's in a new build

Here are my CPU-Z screenshots contained in a zip folder.
    Also added a report from HWInfo64

9. axe0 New Member
    Both SPD tabs are empty..

10. I know. They always have been. Cpuz is up to date and running in admin mode so I don't know what else to do.

Shadowfax1007, Mar 15, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    Please check in the BIOS for everything related to the memory and let me know it.

12. BIOS when on automatic defaults to 2133mhz with 15-15-15-36 @ 1.2v.
    I changed it recently to 2133mhz with 14-16-16-31 @ 1.2v which was the manufacture tested setting (although they were at 2400mhz)

Photos of memory settings are attached.

13. Non-stop random BSOD's in a new build

Got another BSOD just then after turning on my PC.
    Uploaded the new log collection

14. axe0 New Member
    Was this Memtest86 or MemTest86+?
    Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a) # Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000403, The subtype of the bugcheck. Arg2: fffff680000454a8 Arg3: ae10000136297867 Arg4: dffff680000454a8[/quote]

15. I honestly can't remember, it was a few weeks back.

Which is the preferred method? I'll run it tonight.

Shadowfax1007, Mar 16, 2016
Thema:

Non-stop random BSOD's in a new build

1. Non-stop random BSOD's in a new build - Similar Threads - Non stop random

2. Non-Stop BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non-Stop BSOD: All day today my Microsoft Surface Laptop has blue screened with different error codes see below. My computer shows it has the latest update as well as latest drivers. Nothing has been installed recently, however some security definitions have been installed everyday the last...
  3. Non-Stop BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non-Stop BSOD: All day today my Microsoft Surface Laptop has blue screened with different error codes see below. My computer shows it has the latest update as well as latest drivers. Nothing has been installed recently, however some security definitions have been installed everyday the last...
  4. Non stop BSoD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non stop BSoD: Whenever I bootup my pc, and wait for 3-4 mins, it BSoD error, it says Memory Management.. idk what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/non-stop-bsod/9b95857a-1503-4822-a9f8-feb9a40d3599
  5. Non stop BSoD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non stop BSoD: Whenever I bootup my pc, and wait for 3-4 mins, it BSoD error, it says Memory Management.. idk what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/non-stop-bsod/9b95857a-1503-4822-a9f8-feb9a40d3599
  6. Non stop BSoD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. AMD Zen3 & GFX3070 new build - BSOD and random reboot (non-bsod)

AMD Zen3 & GFX3070 new build - BSOD and random reboot (non-bsod): Brand new computer build, now BSOD when playing DOOM eternal after ~5 minutes!! Code: Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Try the new cross-platform PowerShell https://aka.ms/pscore6 PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> sfc /scannow Beginning...
  8. Non stop BSOD after building PC

Non stop BSOD after building PC: Hey guys i just built my first pc and i downloaded all the drivers enabled XMP bla bla bla. After a day of use the system felt very odd and for some reason chrome is crashing constantly when i open more than like 5 tabs, Constant BSOD when i have alot of stuff open, they are...
  9. New Build Random Freezes/BSOD

New Build Random Freezes/BSOD: Ok, ill start with saying i just built a new PC and when everything is going well it runs AMAZING. About two or three times a day while playing games or just having the pc on the desktop, it will freeze or restart to BSOD. Only way to reboot is to hit the power button and...
  10. BSOD randomly on new build

BSOD randomly on new build: I have been getting random BSODs between both regular usage and gaming.The cause is different each time ranging from SERVICE EXCEPTION to page fault in non paged area. Strangely this sometimes happens (but not always) when I bump into the table, but I have checked for any...