Windows 10: Non stop recurring driver update

Discus and support Non stop recurring driver update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all I have a problem which is beginning to make go a little insane. I have this non stop update almost every time i restart my pc. I say almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by markakidd, Jun 8, 2016.

1. markakidd Win User

Non stop recurring driver update

Hi all

I have a problem which is beginning to make go a little insane.
    I have this non stop update almost every time i restart my pc. I say almost because sometimes it does not.
    In a normal day, it will install this update about 6 times.

ASUS - Other hardware - Asus Support Device
    This is all i know about this update expect that it is being installed constantly.
    It never fails and always installs successfully.

I have turned off the automatically download drivers setting and this has done nothing.

Please any assistance will be welcomed.

Non stop recurring driver update [​IMG]

:)

markakidd, Jun 8, 2016

2. KB 4054517 Windows 10

Hello community

I know this an old thread but I can't find any recent news regarding this update. I have refreshed a couple of times now with the same problem recurring. I have been able to stop updates and everything is working fine. So my inclination is to continue stopping
    updates unless there is a workaround that a non pc savvy person can use. I am running an old pc just for mail and bits and pieces so not inclined to go out and buy a new one.

Thanks for any simple response or update.

MartinLaw1, Jun 8, 2016
  3. Jrarentz Win User
    Windows 10 is changing Joystick number assignments upon restart

After the big November Update for Windows 10 this problem stopped immediately and hasn't recurred for me. Is it possible Microsoft fixed this? Or that the November Update replaced some driver on my machine which was the culprit. It's been two months now
    and this hasn't happened once in that time. So somewhere in that update there was a solution.

Jrarentz, Jun 8, 2016
  4. markakidd Win User

Might have solved this for any others out there.
    All the tools failed miserably.
    Edit your registry: regedit.exe
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DriverSearching
    double tap the SearchOrderConfig on the right and change the DWORD value to either 1, 2 or 3
    1 = Install all driver updates automatically
    2 = Notify me about installing driver updates
    3 = Never bother me again about driver updates <- this is what helped me finally.

I am more than capable of updating my own drivers if and when its needed, so i just went with 3 and windows has finally stopped installing this driver continuously.

Hope this helps others.

markakidd, Jun 8, 2016
Thema:

1. Non stop recurring driver update - Similar Threads - Non stop recurring

2. Non stop blue screens, possibly linked to drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non stop blue screens, possibly linked to drivers: Hello!My name is Pascal. I've had a issue for a while now, where my computer will crash randomly and goes to a blues screen. Sometimes it doesn't happen for a while, then it will crash four times in a row. Here are some of the codes I've seen, most occur more than once:...
  3. Non stop blue screens, possibly linked to drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non stop blue screens, possibly linked to drivers: Hello!My name is Pascal. I've had a issue for a while now, where my computer will crash randomly and goes to a blues screen. Sometimes it doesn't happen for a while, then it will crash four times in a row. Here are some of the codes I've seen, most occur more than once:...
  4. Non stop blue screens, possibly linked to drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Recurring BSOD: Stop code: Memory_Management

Recurring BSOD: Stop code: Memory_Management: Hello! This BSOD is happening more and more often. Does anyone have any advice?Please note that I do not have any reliable way of triggering this BSOD.Thanks....
  6. Stop Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Driver Updates: It's not a question, it's a request. Please stop installing AMD video drivers with my Windows 11 updates. Whatever it is that you are installing makes certain games complain that I don't meet the minimum requirements to run them and it breaks AMD Adrenaline. If you insist on...
  7. Stop Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Driver Updates: It's not a question, it's a request. Please stop installing AMD video drivers with my Windows 11 updates. Whatever it is that you are installing makes certain games complain that I don't meet the minimum requirements to run them and it breaks AMD Adrenaline. If you insist on...
  8. recurring issue with bluetooth driver

recurring issue with bluetooth driver: Hello I thought my problem had been solved but apparently it has not. link to the first question I opened:...
  9. Automatic Updates (Non Windows Drivers)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Automatic Updates (Non Windows Drivers): Hi there, Wondering if anyone could answer something regarding Windows 10. I'm curious about the auto updates. A lot of the drivers I download manually always seem to ship with unnecessary extras I don't require. For eg. Nvidia drivers I custom install and deselect...
  10. Stop driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop driver update: I keep having an driver update showing up and I no longer have the device on my pc. How do I keep that from showing up? 55005

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recurring driver update