Windows 10: Non techie. Laptop won't boot up

Discus and support Non techie. Laptop won't boot up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Installed 10 about a month ago. Occasionally it freezes black on boot up. A hard boot had fixed it. Now it won't boot at all. I'll try again. If it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SallyE, Jul 18, 2016.

1. SallyE Win User

Non techie. Laptop won't boot up

Installed 10 about a month ago. Occasionally it freezes black on boot up. A hard boot had fixed it. Now it won't boot at all. I'll try again. If it boots up, where do i find error messages so you can help me solve problem? Yes, I am that tech ignorant.

:)

SallyE, Jul 18, 2016

2. OneTouch Ultra 2 software Diabetic Monitor and Windows 10

Ridicules answer from an obvious non techie non techie.

SeanRessegger, Jul 18, 2016
  3. Downgrade problems

Windows 10 wasn't working for me so I did the option to downgrade back to Windows 7 since its been only a week. Now my laptop won't boot and the repair says it cannot be repaired. I'm at a total loss on how to proceed. I'm also not a huge techie so
    any help would need basic instructions. I appreciate anything you folks come up with!

NancyLilling, Jul 18, 2016
  4. SallyE Win User

I have a dell. I tried again. The four blue Windows appear with the rotating circles. Then blackness. No curser. Nothing.

SallyE, Jul 18, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    Hi SallyE,

What you could try is boot into the boot options (not the BIOS!) and choose diagnostics test, this diagnostics test simply tests each component for failures on the hardware side. The best is to run it as extensive is possible so if any problem is present it should be found.

In the event viewer, you can find the event viewer in the administrative tools in control panel. You can find the control panel in a list when right clicking the Windows logo.

6. RolandJS Win User
    You might want to do a partial "bench/test build," meaning remove everything externally from this laptop during your test post/boots. Before all of this happened:
    -- did you make any usb or dvd rescue/repair boot?
    -- did you make any backups of your hard-drive onto any external media such as DVDs or an external hard-drive attached to one of your usb ports?

RolandJS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Non techie. Laptop won't boot up - Similar Threads - Non techie Laptop

2. Need Help with Infamous Blue Screen of Death 0x0000003b - Non-Techie Seeking...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help with Infamous Blue Screen of Death 0x0000003b - Non-Techie Seeking...: Dear Microsoft Tech Community Support Team,I hope this email finds you well. My name is Peter, and I am writing to seek your expert assistance in troubleshooting and resolving a recurring issue with my Dell XPS 13 9310 2-in-1 laptop running Microsoft Windows 11 Home.I must...
  3. 247 techies

in Windows 10 Customization
    247 techies: I've been 2 47 techies for a number of years. Originally recommended by Microsoft Tech support. Cannot reach them today and have gotten a error message that they may be a fraud site. Any one else having problems...
  4. Laptop won't boot-up

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Laptop won't boot-up: Hi, my Granddaughter's HP Stream laptop will not boot-up, I have tried the repair my computer facility, fixmbr, fixboot, rebuildbcd, chkdsk, system restore, previous copy of windows unfortunately none of which work as I either get "unable to repair your computer" or the...
  5. Windows 10 laptop won't boot up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 laptop won't boot up: My windows 10 laptop won't start.I restart it wont allow me to restore pc or any of the other options except comand prompt so i typed bootrec/rebuidbcd and it says i have one windows 10 installation but when i press yes it says cannot create a file that already exist. No...
  6. Windows 10 laptop won't boot up

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 laptop won't boot up: My windows 10 laptop won't start.E i restart it wont allow me to restore pc or any of the other options except comand prompt so i typed bootrec/rebuidbcd and it says i have one windows 10 installation but when i press yes it says cannot create a file that already exist. No...
  7. Laptop won't boot up properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop won't boot up properly: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Dave_dinkum598 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fofjz2/laptop_wont_boot_up_properly/
  8. Need a techy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need a techy: First off, you should know I'm in China so...yah...that. Secondly, I'm having a severe problem trying to play mmorpgs (WoW) at home, but the Wifi @ work seems just fine. I have a new XiaoMi laptop, I even got a new wifi box for the house. However, the fact remains that when...
  9. Laptop Won't Boot Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Won't Boot Up: Every time I login, a blue screen with this in it pops up: C:\ Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" After this, my laptop won't do anything. What can I do?...
  10. HP laptop won't boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP laptop won't boot up: I seem to have multiple problems. I new HP laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition. I am getting the blue screen on start up but the error seems to vary. I have gotten each of these: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION SYSTEM EXCEPTION THREAD NOT HANDLED KMODE...