Windows 10: None of my computers recognize each other on the network. Beyond Frustrated

Discus and support None of my computers recognize each other on the network. Beyond Frustrated in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On windows 8 I used Homegroup to easily connect my 2 computers (laptop and desktop) as well as my wife's computer upstairs.. since Windows 10 came out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KenNestor, Aug 13, 2018.

1. KenNestor Win User

None of my computers recognize each other on the network. Beyond Frustrated

On windows 8 I used Homegroup to easily connect my 2 computers (laptop and desktop) as well as my wife's computer upstairs.. since Windows 10 came out I have had NOTHING but headaches from the "easy" networking..

All the folders that I want shared on the network are shared... it's a private network and I pulled off the Firewalls to see if that helped... it didn't..

any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

:)

KenNestor, Aug 13, 2018
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Unable to browse network computers.

We suggest creating a new administrator user account by following the steps
    here
    . Make sure to use the same network settings that you used for your other computers, then check if you can connect to the home network. Since you also mentioned that Windows 10 was freshly installed on this particular computer, have you already downloaded
    the latest updates? The latest build for Version 1607 is 14393.1715, and 15063.608 for Version 1703. You can check the build version of your computer by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

If you don't have the latest updates, you can follow these steps to install them:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.

If that doesn't work, we'd like screenshots of the network and file sharing settings of the computer that doesn't work, and the settings of one of your other computers that can connect and share files properly on the home network.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Basic Network guide

I'll be adding a small page on doing this in windows vista soon, since XP is the same with a step or two less, i assume people will figure it out.

Mussels, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

1. None of my computers recognize each other on the network. Beyond Frustrated - Similar Threads - None computers recognize

2. Windows 10 Network will not Recognize Other computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Network will not Recognize Other computer: I think I have tried every thing possible and I still cannot regularly Almost all of the time get my windows 10 Pro computer to recognize an external USB drive on my router and another windows 10 Home version computer. My apple devices recognizes and shares the router drive...
  3. Windows 10 Network will not Recognize Other computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Network will not Recognize Other computer: I think I have tried every thing possible and I still cannot regularly Almost all of the time get my windows 10 Pro computer to recognize an external USB drive on my router and another windows 10 Home version computer. My apple devices recognizes and shares the router drive...
  4. Windows 10 Network will not Recognize Other computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Getting Windows 10 Networked computers to see each other

Getting Windows 10 Networked computers to see each other: I have a Flight Simulator cockpit which is run by 3 Windows 10 Computers and 1 Windows 7 computer networked together. One day I start my computers and they all can see each other on the network, the next time I restart them only the Windows 7 can be seen by other computers. I...
  6. I am frustrated. Beyond. Belief.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I am frustrated. Beyond. Belief.: Need I say more than error 0x8007001F while installing Minecraft? I think not. I've tried everything, to the point where I even wiped my hard drive. I've just about had it....
  7. I am frustrated. Beyond. Belief.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am frustrated. Beyond. Belief.: Need I say more than error 0x8007001F while installing Minecraft? I think not. I've tried everything, to the point where I even wiped my hard drive. I've just about had it....
  8. I am frustrated. Beyond. Belief.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Why can't networked computers see each other?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why can't networked computers see each other?: I have two machines connected through an ethernet switch which is hooked to my home router. But each machine does not appear in the network folder of the other. Any idea why? Thanks. submitted by /u/HiawathaBray [link] [comments]...
  10. Two computer on network can't see each other anymore

Two computer on network can't see each other anymore: Updated second of two computers on same network to Update 1903. Now both are running 1903. Neither computer can see each other when Network is clicked in Explorer. One does see Media device on other computer only. This happened when I ran 1903 update a couple days ago on...