Windows 10: None of my games save information and keep repeating updates/patches.

Discus and support None of my games save information and keep repeating updates/patches. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So for the last week and a half every time I go to play this game Dead by Daylight (Steam game), i keep getting the same patch notes pop up as if it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dturkmen, May 23, 2018.

1. dturkmen Win User

None of my games save information and keep repeating updates/patches.

So for the last week and a half every time I go to play this game Dead by Daylight (Steam game), i keep getting the same patch notes pop up as if it just updated. Same thing is happening with my Blizzard client, whenever i run it, it keeps doing the same update and patch. I know it cant be steam and blizzard because the same thing is happening with my touch pad. I have it turned off and every time i start up my laptop, its on. So obviously something must be going on with my laptop. Does anyone know what might be the problem?

:)

dturkmen, May 23, 2018
  2. PlayerOne Win User

Will i keep my games?

First of all, Steam cloud keeps saves for all supported games, up to a certain extent, you should check that first.

If you do not format (wipe) your computer and use the in-place upgrade feature, your data will be preserved.

I suggest if this is your only computer, to wait until windows 10 is officially launched, simply because i saw some developers taking a bit more time to make their games win10 compliant, i suggest that from the official release date the patches for the remaining
    games will be out by then.

PlayerOne, May 24, 2018
  3. Games keep crashing on Windows 10.

Hi,

I would like to inform that the games which were working in previous Operating System may or may not work in Windows 10 due to compatibility issues. I suggest you to check for the latest version of the games which are not working, check compatibility
    with Windows 10 and install. If the latest version is not available or if the games are not compatible, suggest you to install the games in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below:

• Download the setup files for the game nd save it on your local disk.

• Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.

• Select “Compatibility” Tab.

• Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

• Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, May 24, 2018
  4. dturkmen Win User

So for the last week and a half every time I go to play this game Dead by Daylight (Steam game), i keep getting the same patch notes pop up as if it just updated. Same thing is happening with my Blizzard client, whenever i run it, it keeps doing the same update and patch. I know it cant be steam and blizzard because the same thing is happening with my touch pad. I have it turned off and every time i start up my laptop, its on. So obviously something must be going on with my laptop. Does anyone know what might be the problem?

:)

dturkmen, May 24, 2018
Thema:

1. None of my games save information and keep repeating updates/patches. - Similar Threads - None games save

2. None of my xbox game pass games launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    None of my xbox game pass games launch: Im on pc, and whenever i try to launch any game it either gets stuck in launching game forever or it simply doesnt start. My payements have been done and my payment methods are up to date, but nothing works. i have tried logging out and back in, reinstalling xbox gaming...
  3. None of my xbox game pass games launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    None of my xbox game pass games launch: Im on pc, and whenever i try to launch any game it either gets stuck in launching game forever or it simply doesnt start. My payements have been done and my payment methods are up to date, but nothing works. i have tried logging out and back in, reinstalling xbox gaming...
  4. My microphone keeps detecting audio but there's none

My microphone keeps detecting audio but there's none: Hello,I'm using Windows 11 and I have a microphone. It's linked to an audio soundcard, the brand is Focusrite and the soundcard is Scarlett Solo. I use USB to connect the soundcard to the computer, and the microphone is connected to the soundcard.This is professional stuff....
  5. Fetching patch information from KB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fetching patch information from KB: Hello Members,I am exploring options to know if the Patches installed on Windows OS Server/Client editions would have any release information tagged to it?Example :My Windows 10 Client has KB5008212 installed. This is released on "December 14, 2021—KB5008212" at...
  6. Fetching patch information from KB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fetching patch information from KB: Hello Members,I am exploring options to know if the Patches installed on Windows OS Server/Client editions would have any release information tagged to it?Example :My Windows 10 Client has KB5008212 installed. This is released on "December 14, 2021—KB5008212" at...
  7. Fetching patch information from KB

8. Xbox Game Bar Update Keeps Repeating for The Same Version

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Game Bar Update Keeps Repeating for The Same Version: Hi! I have a problem with the new update of Xbox Game bar. Since the app first updated to the last version, it keeps auto-updating repeatedly to the same version, the most annoying part being that after each update the overlay gets launched and my activity gets disturbed...
  9. Where are the thumbnail informations saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are the thumbnail informations saved: Insider previews installations sometime (but not always) get rid of the many thousand thumbnails of my files. If I knew where the thumbnails are kept maybe I could copy those and reinstall them later...
  10. Windows keeps update the same patch repeatly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows keeps update the same patch repeatly: This problem exists for about 2 months, windows update keeps download and install the same thing again and again. I tried to use Wureset Windows 10 (WuReset.bat), but it still happens after successfully applied the bat. The following are the information about my windows...