Windows 10: NONE of my media players will play .mp3's after Virus Infections. HELP

Discus and support NONE of my media players will play .mp3's after Virus Infections. HELP in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After battling a shitload of infections from my PC my windows media player no longer works. I get this error: "Windows Media Player encountered a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cfowler, Aug 28, 2016.

1. cfowler Win User

NONE of my media players will play .mp3's after Virus Infections. HELP

After battling a shitload of infections from my PC my windows media player no longer works. I get this error: "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file." When I try to open an mp3 with Music Mode I get this error: "Error Playing File: Error: MF_MEDIA_ENGINE_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED HRSULT: - OxC00D5212"
    When I try with Groove Media Player I get this: "Can't play - This item was encoded in a format that's not supported 0xC00d5212"

I'm praying that this infection hasn't mutated my entire library somehow, hopefully some other simple fix. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

:)

cfowler, Aug 28, 2016

2. What can I do to restore the optimum utility of Windows Media Player?

After updates on 11/14 Windows Media player ceased to play ripped files; it will however play the lone MP3 file in my library. I have utilized all sorts of remedies, including Windows Repair, none of which is effective. Also, it will not play the lone
    video which I possess, nor will the player itself play anything at all, except the lone MP3 file, no CDs,no DVDs. Windows 7, which I had, was arbitrarily upgraded to Windows 10 about 3 months ago, and the media player worked fine until November 14th. What
    can I do to restore the optimum utility of Windows Media Player and the files in my library?

JamesWorrell, Aug 28, 2016
  3. Cant Play Media files like MP3

Hello

i bought new laptop with installed Windows 10 Home Singe Language

at first I've updated the whole Apps. including the Groove Music all my albums of MP3's transferred into this machine and i've played the mp3 files and its working. Suddenly my mp3's wont play i tested on Windows Media player it wont work too i tried to download
    from appstore some music player it totally wont work either.

pleas help me...

john carlogogolin, Aug 28, 2016
  4. vgchat Win User

is it possible you could share your file that won't play? OneDrive, DropBox, whatever.

vgchat, Aug 28, 2016
  5. cfowler Win User
    Yes, easily. But it's any one of tens of thousands of Mp3's and any video as well. Microsoft is doing a remote session right now so I'll do that once they're done. Thx

cfowler, Aug 28, 2016
  6. vgchat Win User
    Hmm... Tens of thousands you say? That's a bit much for the average user. At any rate, I'd recommend scanning those. If you come up with nothing, I strongly suggest you post in the Malware Removal forum over at Majorgeeks because to me it sounds like something got past your security and caused problems.

vgchat, Aug 28, 2016
  7. DavidY Win User
    I'm wondering if the MP3 codec has been damaged so Media Player/ any other software using that codec can't play it any more.

DavidY, Aug 28, 2016
  8. cfowler Win User

I think there were some major corruptions in the registry. I system restored back to yesterday and all is good!

Thanks guys

cfowler, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. NONE of my media players will play .mp3's after Virus Infections. HELP - Similar Threads - NONE media players

2. Need help on syncing mp3 player with Windows 11 Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help on syncing mp3 player with Windows 11 Media Player: I have searched everywhere for an answer and can't get any help. I bought a new laptop and downloaded the Media Player Version 11.2305.4.0 from the Microsoft Store. I have found it has no option to sync an external device! I need this feature and all I can find is how to...
  3. Need help on syncing mp3 player with Windows 11 Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help on syncing mp3 player with Windows 11 Media Player: I have searched everywhere for an answer and can't get any help. I bought a new laptop and downloaded the Media Player Version 11.2305.4.0 from the Microsoft Store. I have found it has no option to sync an external device! I need this feature and all I can find is how to...
  4. Playing music from MP3 via Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playing music from MP3 via Windows Media Player: I have Windows 10 on laptop and Sony MP3 player old. Music on there will not play now via Windows Media Player. It shows albums / tracks etc but will not play. I need to edit MP3 music to bring up to date....
  5. Playing music from MP3 via Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Playing music from MP3 via Windows Media Player: I have Windows 10 on laptop and Sony MP3 player old. Music on there will not play now via Windows Media Player. It shows albums / tracks etc but will not play. I need to edit MP3 music to bring up to date....
  6. Playing music from MP3 via Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. playing MP3 player on laptop

playing MP3 player on laptop: My question is generic to all Windows laptops; so system specs are not an issue. I would like to know the pros and cons using of both USB and 1/8" stereo jack inputs to connect an MP3 player to a laptop. Why? ... I wish to listen to some of the music stored on an MP3...
  8. Windows Media Player sync to an mp3 player

Windows Media Player sync to an mp3 player: Hi, I have just purchased a new mp3 player but am having problems loading a cd to the player. I select the sync option and try to drag and drop the cd but none of them end up in the sync area. What am I doing wrong or have I missed something. thanks...
  9. Mp3 Players and Windows Media Player

Mp3 Players and Windows Media Player: Can you tell me which Mp3 players are compatible with Windows Media Player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp3-players-and-windows-media-player/6773ea04-cc75-46d0-81b0-b43bdd584f87
  10. MP3 files are automatically played by Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MP3 files are automatically played by Windows Media Player: I set a DSS player as a default for playing my video and audio files. But it changed to Windows Media Player and I cannot change it back. I want my files to be played by my default app rather than Windows Media Player....