Windows 10: None of the 2 printers work on Windows 10 T.P.

Discus and support None of the 2 printers work on Windows 10 T.P. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi guys, have a Oki C710 and a Lexmark E360dn, both worked fine on Win 8.1, but since the latest updates from MS, yesterday or the day before, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jeffrys, Nov 13, 2014.

1. jeffrys Win User

None of the 2 printers work on Windows 10 T.P.

hi guys,

have a Oki C710 and a Lexmark E360dn, both worked fine on Win 8.1, but since the latest updates from MS, yesterday or the day before, my print spooler program always stops working.

Claiming that the Lexmark is attached to a USB3 port. Strange never had this problem before.

SO when i disconnect the Lexmark from my pc then the Oki does the same, stopping the Print Spooler.

The Oki is attached to another computer working on Win 8.1, so i guess it is not the USB port that is causing the problem.
    I attached the Lexmark to an external device where you can put on 7 different devices and that is a very old device.

include a snip where you can see that Start needs to be activated.

So, anyone knowing what i can do to fix this?

i reinstalled the Lexmark, but no luck so far.

If i do not reply, i leave on a holiday tomorrow, be back on dec 2d.

thanks

Jeff

:)

jeffrys, Nov 13, 2014

2. none of the network printers will print from my computer

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to assist you with the issue you are experiencing with the computer. I understand the difficulty when things won’t work the way they should.

I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue. Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?

Please follow the steps and try resolving this issue:

Method 1: Run
    Printer troubleshooter after connecting the printer.

• Press the ‘Start’ Button.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and press
      Enter.
    • Click on view all on the left side and select
      Printer.
    • Click next and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2: Change the
    Print Spooler service type.

• Press Windows +R keys.
    • Type services.msc in the box and press enter.
    • Now locate services called Print Spooler, make sure the services are
      Started.
    • Right click on the service and click
      Stop
    • Click Apply and then click
      ok.
    Note: After installing the printer make sure you
    Turn On this Print Spooler Service again by following the same steps.

Method 3: Turn off the
    Windows Firewall and check adding the Printing device and
    Turn On
    after installing.

• Open Windows Firewall by clicking the
      Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type
      Windows Firewall, and then click
      Windows Firewall.
    • Click Turn Windows Firewall on or off on the left side. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Click Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) under each network location that you want to stop trying to protect, and then click
      OK.
    Warning: You should not turn off Windows Firewall unless you have another firewall enabled. Turning off Windows Firewall might make your computer (and your network, if you have one) more vulnerable to damage from worms or hackers.

Reference: Click on the link: Fix printer problems

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 13, 2014
  3. none of the network printers will print from my computer

All of a sudden, none of my network printers will print from my computer. I just reinstalled Windows 10, my printers are all connected to my network, but my computer can't communicate with the printers. My computer is also connected to the network. All
    printers are online.

I have tried all the solutions I can come up with, but nothing has worked. They won't print from my table either. Getting very frustrated.

FrustratedSR, Nov 13, 2014
  4. jeffrys Win User

well installed the Lexmark on another computer and that works fine.

Can even print on the Oki, BUT cannot set it as default printer and the Oki is after 2 minutes no longer recognized.

So again i must start the Print Spooler, although the print spooler says active, but when you open it, it is not.

strange

Jeff

jeffrys, Nov 13, 2014
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    I tried to print something off but I don't know why it didn't work .. it is out of toner but it could be something else. I'll see if I can eek out a few more pages out of the toner cartridge and test it out today. Printer: Brother HL-2170W..
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 13, 2014
  6. After updating to the latest and greatest W10TP, my printers were gone as well as my Logitech T650 trackpad.

Had to re-install software for both and now both work fine. Printer is Brother MFC-490CW.

lparsons21, Nov 13, 2014
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    I think that I'm going to have to do the same.
    Thanks for the tip.
    Jeff

EDIT: I just pluged in the printer and it was found with no issues by Win10 and it works fine.
    Now all I need is more toner and paper. LOL

BunnyJ, Nov 13, 2014
  8. jeffrys Win User

well i cannot add a printer, when i try that, i get ...see my pic here

cannot restart over and over gain, cannot start print spooler also over and over....

Jeff

None of the 2 printers work on Windows 10 T.P. [​IMG]

jeffrys, Nov 13, 2014
  9. linw Win User
    I also have the same problem with my Brother HL-2140. If this doesn't get fixed it could be a show stopper for a lot of us.

It is the 9879 build doing this as 9860 was fine.

10. BunnyJ New Member
    I would get the drivers for the printer and install them.
    Can't hurt to try.,

Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 14, 2014
  11. linw Win User
    Yep, removed the printer and re-installed and I am printing again. Just hope it is permanent!

Thema:

1. None of the 2 printers work on Windows 10 T.P. - Similar Threads - None printers

2. I want to remove Copilot from the task bar in Windows 11. None of the suggested solutions work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to remove Copilot from the task bar in Windows 11. None of the suggested solutions work.: I want to remove Copilot from the task bar in Windows 11. None of the suggested solutions work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-remove-copilot-from-the-task-bar-in/c643fdc7-8e3d-457f-a5ed-df5b30915951
  3. I want to remove Copilot from the task bar in Windows 11. None of the suggested solutions work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to remove Copilot from the task bar in Windows 11. None of the suggested solutions work.: I want to remove Copilot from the task bar in Windows 11. None of the suggested solutions work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-remove-copilot-from-the-task-bar-in/c643fdc7-8e3d-457f-a5ed-df5b30915951
  4. I have read & tried ALL the ways given to correct error 2 for Waas Medic but none help. How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have read & tried ALL the ways given to correct error 2 for Waas Medic but none help. How...: I do the research and I try what is offered. Here's what I have done:1. Command Prompt as administrator sfc/scannow and restart2. Change the Registry MUI and all those steps that did not help after the restart3. Do the string....cache suggestion. I modified the value to 38b...
  5. I have read & tried ALL the ways given to correct error 2 for Waas Medic but none help. How...

I have read & tried ALL the ways given to correct error 2 for Waas Medic but none help. How...: I do the research and I try what is offered. Here's what I have done:1. Command Prompt as administrator sfc/scannow and restart2. Change the Registry MUI and all those steps that did not help after the restart3. Do the string....cache suggestion. I modified the value to 38b...
  6. My shared printers are visible on the private network but none of my remote connections can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My shared printers are visible on the private network but none of my remote connections can...: At the beginning of the month my computers updated and stopped connecting to each other. After resolving my initial errors by re-enabling file and printer sharing, I noticed my printers wouldn't connect. If I look in the file explorer and browse through the network to the...
  7. My shared printers are visible on the private network but none of my remote connections can...

My shared printers are visible on the private network but none of my remote connections can...: At the beginning of the month my computers updated and stopped connecting to each other. After resolving my initial errors by re-enabling file and printer sharing, I noticed my printers wouldn't connect. If I look in the file explorer and browse through the network to the...
  8. Printer is 'offline' and none of the fixes seem to work.....suggestions?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer is 'offline' and none of the fixes seem to work.....suggestions?: MY HP printer which is usually reliable is registering 'offline' and none of the troubleshooting fixes seem to work. The printer is working for another connected device. Suggestions to get it back 'online'?...
  9. Printer Install Notifications in Windows 10 1909: None

Printer Install Notifications in Windows 10 1909: None: Can someone please explain this to me. I know Windows 10 is much better than Windows 7 in terms of picking up new drivers but after doing some testing I was thinking of how someone quite new to computers would manage to deal with this problem without support. Let's add for...
  10. Printer list disappears and there are none listed when selecting print for word or other...

Printer list disappears and there are none listed when selecting print for word or other...: Almost every time in windows 10 (I'm using Surface pro computer) I will go to print a document, the system hangs because it cannot find a printer. I then have to cancel the print, 'trouble shoot' printers and then the list appears, and I can continue, Why is the list of...