Windows 10: None of the microphones plug-in play work

Discus and support None of the microphones plug-in play work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; *Sad I have done everything I know to do from uninstalling, reinstalling, getting a new usb sound card -- everything. I have using Windows 10. And I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by doncow74129, Oct 2, 2016.

1. None of the microphones plug-in play work

*Sad I have done everything I know to do from uninstalling, reinstalling, getting a new usb sound card -- everything. I have using Windows 10. And I have several mics most in headphones, but one external usb mic. Everyone of them work for a moment -- then mute themselves after a few minutes. I have changed the setting to "do nothing" and changed the properties to "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device." I have restored defaults. I am perplexed to say the least, and our IT guy is as well. Please help me as soon as possible. I need to make some recordings.

:)

doncow74129, Oct 2, 2016
  2. James057 Win User

Windows 10 USB Microphone will not find drivers on my desktop

As the title says, I just recently upgraded my work computer to windows 10 from windows 7. None of my microphones work now and are not recognized. I have a dual monitor set up that has webcams and mics on each one plus a USB microphone. Device manager
    shows a exclamation mark beside each.

Steps I've tried

• Plug the USB mic into my wife's Surface Book. It works perfectly. Therefore, it's not the microphone.
    • Plug it into every single USB slot on the computer and USB hubs, no go
    • Disabled USB 3.0 in my bios, no go
    • Run various TroubleShooters with no luck. The recording one just tells me its not plugged in.
    • Buy a new microphone and try that, no go.
    • Spent a day and half on google trying out numerous solutions, none work

I have to have a microphone since I work remote. I do not want to have to revert back to windows 7 just because I can't get a microphone to work.

It's not a fancy microphone, just a Dynex Plug and Play microphone. There are no drivers for it anywhere. I don't understand how my wife's Surface Book running windows 10 can find drivers for it but my desktop PC can't.

Between this and my Lumia 950 giving me all kinds of issues I'm just about done with windows.

[update]

Plugged in my 360 controller and hooked up the headset. The controller works, the headset doesn't.

James057, Oct 2, 2016
  3. Ear Force PX24 Turtle Beach Headset not working on my PC

None of these methods have worked for me. The headset will not even show up when i plug it in. The audio works fine but the microphone will not work. If i was to purchase a splitterwouldit make the microphone and audio both work?

Matthew Connolly 12, Oct 2, 2016
Thema:

None of the microphones plug-in play work

1. None of the microphones plug-in play work - Similar Threads - None microphones plug

2. Plug n Play not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plug n Play not working: been having this issue for the past 5 years since i moved to win 10 the issue is that after a period of time plug N play stops recognizing unplugging and plugging in of devices forcing me to wither restart the hole pc or logging off this have been an issue across 10+ fresh...
  3. Plug n Play not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Plug n Play not working: been having this issue for the past 5 years since i moved to win 10 the issue is that after a period of time plug N play stops recognizing unplugging and plugging in of devices forcing me to wither restart the hole pc or logging off this have been an issue across 10+ fresh...
  4. Plug n Play not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why are none of my "Plug and Play" working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are none of my "Plug and Play" working?: Why are none of my "Plug and Play" devices working? During installation where it looks for driver software, etc. Could it be because I am running on Microsoft Pro Windows 7?...
  6. Why are none of my "Plug and Play" working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are none of my "Plug and Play" working?: Why are none of my "Plug and Play" devices working? During installation where it looks for driver software, etc. Could it be because I am running on Microsoft Pro Windows 7?...
  7. webcam microphone is not recognized as plug and play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    webcam microphone is not recognized as plug and play: webcam microphone is not recognized as plug and play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-microphone-is-not-recognized-as-plug-and/705d2dd2-5a52-4ae1-8556-0616f6b68747
  8. Microphone not plugged in (it is)

Microphone not plugged in (it is): My Microphone was fine until i decided to clean up my room, after that i plugged it back in and it did not work. My computer said it wasn't plugged it and it is, help would be appreciated 156417
  9. Microphone not working when plugged in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone not working when plugged in: When I plug my headset into my computer running windows 10 home, the microphone doesn't work, however when it is unplugged the microphone does work. I've checked if the cable is broken, and it isn't as the microphone works on all my other devices. I've run the troubleshooter...
  10. USB plug and Play microphone not working properly

USB plug and Play microphone not working properly: Hi, I have a problem with thi plug and play devices, its a microphone and the problem is it's too quiet. The solution I've found is to uninstall the device form the USB tab in devmgmt.msc, reboot the system and then plug in the microphone and let windows re-install it. Now,...